What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I guess this will come down to the Nrl determining what a shoulder charge actually is and the difference to a bump. As it stands the rule talks about the contact being forceful and the attempted use of the players arms. Currently every man and his dog has a personal opinion on what they think a shoulder charge should be based on where they live, who they support and there personal life experience. The Nrl are in a bind because either decision will be met with cries of bias.

My personal opinion is that billy will successfully argue his right arm was attempting to wrap Feki up and that it falls into the “bump” category. The fallout from the decision will cause the Nrl to define the difference between a bump and shoulder charge and when and how they are considered. It would be terrible to see wingers and centers being charged with shoulder charges for taking out attacking players going for the ball.

sempmrh

Juniors
I've seen a lot of people say that it's a "clear", "text book" or any other adjective shoulder charge. If that were the case there wouldn't be so much conjecture about it.

AJB1102

First Grade
I've seen a lot of people say that it's a "clear", "text book" or any other adjective shoulder charge. If that were the case there wouldn't be so much conjecture about it.

There is conjecture because its a GF, he's a future immortal and is retiring.

If he were looking at missing round 7 no one but 3 Storm fans and the people baiting them give a shit.

GongPanther

Referee
So when does old mate go to the judiciary? (I remember reading on the NRL website they're bring it forward or something to allow the teams to prep for the GF).
On the day of this game,I heard on ABC Grandstand that if there are any charges,they will be delt with in 24 hours...which was to be on Sunday. Because Bill has to get his (legal) defense in order,I think the NRL must have given him till tonight.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
On the day of this game,I heard on ABC Grandstand that if there are any charges,they will be delt with in 24 hours...which was to be on Sunday. Because Bill has to get his (legal) defense in order,I think the NRL must have given him till tonight.
Pretty sure the nrl said they weren't bringing it forward

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I guess this will come down to the Nrl determining what a shoulder charge actually is and the difference to a bump. As it stands the rule talks about the contact being forceful and the attempted use of the players arms. Currently every man and his dog has a personal opinion on what they think a shoulder charge should be based on where they live, who they support and there personal life experience. The Nrl are in a bind because either decision will be met with cries of bias.

My personal opinion is that billy will successfully argue his right arm was attempting to wrap Feki up and that it falls into the “bump” category. The fallout from the decision will cause the Nrl to define the difference between a bump and shoulder charge and when and how they are considered. It would be terrible to see wingers and centers being charged with shoulder charges for taking out attacking players going for the ball.
I'm assuming 'Bump' is an afl term. The NRL won't be defining something that doesn't exist in their game.

When I bump my cup of tea it spills on the table a bit. If what slater did is a ' bump' then my cup of tea would be through the wall scalding my neighbours cat.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I'm assuming 'Bump' is an afl term. The NRL won't be defining something that doesn't exist in their game.

When I bump my cup of tea it spills on the table a bit. If what slater did is a ' bump' then my cup of tea would be through the wall scalding my neighbours cat.

Well firstly, you need stronger walls in your house. Secondly, it’s a cat so you can thank me later.

Bump, collision, drop the shoulder, body check what ever you want to call it. This decision can open a can of worms. My point was speed can’t be the only difference between a bump and shoulder charge. Players get taken out every week attempting to make a play at the ball. To rub all those players out for 2 weeks (200 points) if there shoulder hits another player seems excessive.

MilkShark

First Grade
A little off topic but if slater plays, be prepared for him to take out Keary or someone else just as important to the Roosters. Storm sacrificed Koroibete against Sharks in the 2016 GF knowing he it would have zero consequences as it was his last game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well firstly, you need stronger walls in your house. Secondly, it’s a cat so you can thank me later.

Bump, collision, drop the shoulder, body check what ever you want to call it. This decision can open a can of worms. My point was speed can’t be the only difference between a bump and shoulder charge. Players get taken out every week attempting to make a play at the ball. To rub all those players out for 2 weeks (200 points) if there shoulder hits another player seems excessive.
Fair enough.

The cat does suck.

MilkShark

First Grade
With the amount of head injuries in the game nowadays (NRL level and grass roots), if the NRL really truly want to stamp out this shoulder charge, this is the example they need to do it on. They need to show a player, no matter who you are, pay the ultimate price.

If they don't do it, they have to reinstate the shoulder charge.

I know players have got off for similar instance but they absolutely cannot allow this one to go because of that.

Latest posts