What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
In summary

Rugby league haters argument

- he can’t get off based on emotion
- he broke the rules, it’s a shoulder charge he didn’t wrap his arms
- he shouldn’t get off

Rugby league lovers argument

- emotion has nothing to do with it
- the rules for shoulder charge don’t require him to wrap arms.
- the rules for shoulder charge require him to attempt to use his arms and hands.
- under NRL rules he has been charged for an offence he did not commit.
- judiciary has no choice but to find him not guilty.

Rugby league haters

- don’t quote rules at me. My EMOTIONALLY response is that it’s a shoulder charge
- people has died from shoulder charges. My EMOTIONAL and irrational response is Billy must be found guilty even if he hasn’t breached the NRL rules.

Rugby league lovers

- don’t bring emotion into the argument.
- it ain’t about sentimentality or WHS risks
- wrapping the arms is not the only way to tackle in NRL and is not even mentioned in NRL Rules
- shoulder charge was brought in for north south contact. Never intended for east west contact.
- Billy attempted to use his hands and arms, regardless of how imperfect or clumsy the tackle attempt may have been.
- Billy by definition of NRL rules executed a perfectly legal tackle to save a try.
- the contact Billy made was not forceful, Feki was not injured and bounced to his feet.
- NRL rules maintain it should never have been a penalty, let alone a chargeable offence.
- Several other players over the past two years have done the same shoulder bump into touch as Billy. In those cases no one got charged. In those cases the player didn’t even bother to use an arm or hand to reach for the arm or body of the attacking player or reach for the the ball

But yeah us Rugby league lovers are the ones in the wrong.... take Emotion out of it. By NRL rules Billy did nothing wrong

giphy_s.gif

Billythekid

First Grade
This is actually just factually wrong, and the whip lash caused by shoulder charges is a real issue, and why front on side on argument is also bullshit. With the James Ackerman death, the coroner says that the minimal bruising to Ackermans head was not likely caused by the shoulder charge, and that contact was unlikely to have been with the head or neck, and from video evidence support it was more likely to the chest. He goes on to say that the whip lash from the tackle probably stretched and tore the cartatoid artery which led to his death.

https://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/542818/cif-ackerman-jw-20171109.pdf
Slater can get f**ked and be suspended for the rest of his life

I’m well aware of how brain injuries work. Since when are shoulder tackles the only ones that can cause a whiplash? I don’t see that as an argument against what I’m saying. There are shoulder charges that barely have an impact on the opposition player. Then there are tackles that aren’t shoulder charges that absolutely f**king wreck players causing a hue whiplash and that’s totally fine.

You can agree that Slater should be banned and disagree with the shoulder charge rule. Then again most people’s arguments around shoulder charges were nonsensical in the first place and throw in irrational hatred of a storm player and it’s basically impossible to have a logical discussion.

Lambretta

First Grade
Never heard of the f**ker!

Who did he play for?

Sean Garlick was a Souths junior and captain of Souths
He was on the panel that ruled on Napa

In fact, in almost every panel he has sat on when looking at an Easts player he has found against them

His record on not guilty when Souths players are involved...... well, lets just say he is consistant

Last Week

Bench
You can agree that Slater should be banned and disagree with the shoulder charge rule. Then again most people’s arguments around shoulder charges were nonsensical in the first place and throw in irrational hatred of a storm player and it’s basically impossible to have a logical discussion.

Ha. You're accusing others of being biased when you literally named yourself after the bloke in question. Get the f**k out of here.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Feki can consider himself lucky he wasn't grappled, chicken winged, crushed, or Billy's personal favourite, kicked out of touch.

Billythekid

First Grade
Ha. You're accusing others of being biased when you literally named yourself after the bloke in question. Get the f**k out of here.

I have already said he should be suspended, what else do you want? I made the same arguments against shoulder tackles back when it was origanlly banned?

Do you have anything else to contribute or did you just want to add another dumb f**k post to this forum?

johnny plath

Juniors
I’m well aware of how brain injuries work. Since when are shoulder tackles the only ones that can cause a whiplash? I don’t see that as an argument against what I’m saying. There are shoulder charges that barely have an impact on the opposition player. Then there are tackles that aren’t shoulder charges that absolutely f**king wreck players causing a hue whiplash and that’s totally fine.

wtf.. you stated that shoulder charges only knock blokes senseless when they hit them in the head.. I just pointed out that a player who died from a shoulder charge was not hit in the head.
And slater can still get f**ked

Last Week

Bench
I have already said he should be suspended, what else do you want? I made the same arguments against shoulder tackles back when it was origanlly banned?

Do you have anything else to contribute or did you just want to add another dumb f**k post to this forum?

Oh please. You're arguing semantics about the effects of a shoulder charge despite being given a report by the Qld state f**king coroner.

Look earlier in the thread and you'll see that I was with you in that the shoulder charge shouldn't be illegal unless contact is made with the head. But when the coroner, who has a f**k tonne of more information to work with than any of us, states otherwise, what argument do I have left?

Just give up.

Billythekid

First Grade
wtf.. you stated that shoulder charges only knock blokes senseless when they hit them in the head.. I just pointed out that a player who died from a shoulder charge was not hit in the head.
And slater can still get f**ked

Oh please. You're arguing semantics about the effects of a shoulder charge despite being given a report by the Qld state f**king coroner.

Look earlier in the thread and you'll see that I was with you in that the shoulder charge shouldn't be illegal unless contact is made with the head. But when the coroner, who has a f**k tonne of more information to work with than any of us, states otherwise, what argument do I have left?

Just give up.

What about that report is specific to shoulder charges? Whiplash injuries and big hits can happen shoulder charge or not. The fact that some died from a freak accident like that doesn’t mean that all shoulder charges are dangerous or that banning them will prevent similar injuries.

It’s not a semantics argument. Google NRL big hits and you can watch player after player being absolutely f**king wrecked all in legitimate tackles. There are plenty of shoulder charges that barely impact the opposition player. Yet we’re in a position where even harmless shoulder charges get players banned and yet you can make legal tackles where you absolutely destroy someone, even blind sight them (like Luke on Maloney recently).

The_Shield

Juniors
I like how people always bring up the sliding in with his feet as to why he’s a dirty grub. But the facts are, he wasn’t the only one doing that, it wasn’t illegal when he did it and since it became illegal he doesn’t do it anymore. As for the kick to Klemmer, Slater has always done that, so did Minichello and other fullbacks, and if Klemmer didn’t rush in to whack him midair then he doesn’t get kicked.