What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
I'm meh if Ross leaves, the nuffies in the fb groups are taking the rumours of him leaving quite hard...

I don't want him to leave if we don't have someone better lined up.

But he wants to play FG, and he will be 4th choice winger next year so he probably won't play much.

Ross won't be happy in reserves now and he'd be really pushing it to get a run in firsts except if we have injuries.
As much as I admire his drive and enthusiasm his skill set is poor.

Knight Vision

First Grade
People have mentioned maybe Watson to #9 but I don’t know how his defence would hold up in that spot, I’d rather have him at FB where he can sniff around the ruck for offloads and use his speed to good effect.
Exactly, he's got speed to burn and far better suited to FB.He does need to work on ball skills and become a better rounded player but even Teflon Billy wasnt a great ball player to begin with. The team would be better with a ball playing FB more than just a running one. Damn shame we let Meaney go, the kid showed promise.

Old dog

Juniors
Forward planning and thoughts that Ponga may go to 5/8 and Watson to hooker oe full back what were we thinking letting best res/u/20 full back leave, it's a sad mistake.

TooheysNew

Coach
Forward planning and thoughts that Ponga may go to 5/8 and Watson to hooker oe full back what were we thinking letting best res/u/20 full back leave, it's a sad mistake.
How were we to know Ponga would go as well as he did when he was thrown in the deep end?

Spot On

Coach

I brought this up a while ago and you said we didn't let him leave, rather he took up an opportunity elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I would rather have Watson at FB than Meaney anyway. I didn’t see a whole lot of ball playing from Meaney although admittedly he only played a few games.

At the end of the day Meaney was off contract and the club wanted to re-sign him but he left to get an opportunity in his preferred position. Can’t blame the guy for doing that and can’t blame the club because it’s not like they showed him the door and I’m glad we didn’t offer overs to try and keep him.

For the record I think Meaney will turn out to be a solid first grader but I haven’t seen anything that suggests he’ll be a superstar that we’ll really regret losing.

Frank Facer

First Grade
According to the mole, we've let clubs here and in England know that Ross is available should anyone want him, and we've gone cold on Luke and are now setting our sights on Segeyaro
I said a while back that Newy should sign Segeyaro. I also suggested that you should sign Barba and move Ponga to 5/8.

I didn't think signing Luke at 32 years of age was a good idea.

Spot On

Coach
Barba is another bloke you don't want due to his history. Definitely not a fit at our club for obvious reasons.

Seg is no world beater imo.

Spot On

Coach
Any worthwhile targets at Manly???

Tapau is all about his 'brand/image' and won't favour leaving Sydney.

Any others??