What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

_Johnsy

Referee
Damien Cook aside, this guy is the most improved player in the comp.

He gave Inglis a bath last week.

Plus his girlfriend is a babe

There's a dragons forum FFS.

Has anyone seen Lomax & Jo Manu in the same room together?

Bit of dark hair spray and bingo.

GI know it makes sense.

redVinme

Juniors
looks like a mix of experienced heads and a bunch of guys that will honestly represent aus for real in the future. great work Zac

possm

Coach
Sign Lomax long term . This is a massive warning to the board.
I'm so glad to see Lomax selected given his age and limited experience at first grade level. I too hope that discussions are underway and Lomax is Millward's number one target for an extension after Nov. 1. Just because he is signed until the end of 2020, does not mean we should not tie him up for at least the next 5 years.

I've seen some talent go through the Dragons ranks over the years and this guy to me seems to be up there with the best of them. I'm on the record as saying that he is our next Changa Langlands and will one day be our long term fullback.

denis preston

First Grade
I'm so glad to see Lomax selected given his age and limited experience at first grade level. I too hope that discussions are underway and Lomax is Millward's number one target for an extension after Nov. 1. Just because he is signed until the end of 2020, does not mean we should not tie him up for at least the next 5 years.

I've seen some talent go through the Dragons ranks over the years and this guy to me seems to be up there with the best of them. I'm on the record as saying that he is our next Changa Langlands and will one day be our long term fullback.
Oh Shit !

Walpole

Juniors

In all fairness, you're on the record as saying most things.

aquiin

Juniors
Should have chosen Marsters in the centres and Morgan Harper on the wing. Strange choice by Junior Kiwis coach.

Ball died a lot with Clifford and Staggs in the second half and in the first half, in between his winger being out of position and the spectacular catch and pass, Lomax wasn’t in the game as much as you would expect at that level. There would have been a bit of criticism if he had offloaded so loosely in first grade. Nothing wrong with giving him a bit of time on the wing, before settling for what we want to do with the team after origin. Campbell Graham is a centre too, might not play centre for a while.

Drag Queen

Bench
thanks brother, I dont have Foxtel but heres a cracker Lomax highlights reel that makes me think hes 40 times Aitkens talent
Hey, I didn't think the Roos would lose to the Kiwis. Happy days. Very impressed with the Kiwi commentators on Foxtel. One of these blokes shut down Ben Hunt etc. The rest of the crew shut this bloke down immediately. Respect. Time for bed. #F##king hate night shift..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Recently, I posted that I thought that some (meaning you Possm) may have gone off prematurely in proclaiming Lomax an exceptional talent. This club seem to produce a large number of exceptional juniors who stall at the old NYC level and don't kick on. Jacob Host is the most recent of the overhyped -however, we may have made mistakes In axing Hame Sele and, in particular, Patrick Herbert who both may go on to be exceptional players at other clubs.

Having watched Lomax in the Junior Kangaroo v Kiwi match, I am coming around to the view that he is the best of them. That freakish one handed catch from a bomb and simultaneous pass to a support for a try was Jarrod Hayne/Greg Inglis rolled into one. The real problem is working out what his best position is- there are arguments for wing, full-back and centre.

Also don't' rule out Stephen Marsters for a first grade wing position this year. He also showed some special talent in a very good junior Kiwi backline

Two 18yo in 1st grade- Mary will have a heart attack!

aquiin

Juniors
Lomax will play wing again, but he’s a centre. Talk of fullback was really looking at the potential of his skill set and created some flexibility and depth. The competition for wing spots might also work in our favour and a decision to shift him may occur earlier. You couldn’t rule out fullback only because if we happen to have a couple of centres and wingers playing well, what decision do you make? We would be fortunate to find ourselves in that circumstance in 2019, could happen in 2020 with younger players competing.

Marsters was ok in limited opportunities but hasn’t got the knack defending as a winger and will be better as a centre. I think he can be destructive on the left.

Don’t know his contract situation, but worth mentioning that clubs in Australia should be looking at Tom Ale from the Junior Kiwis game. Middle forward. Great footwork at the line.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui from the Storm is a gun. 18 years old. Should get a game or two next year. Qlder born in NSW.

Last edited: