What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

SBD82

Coach
to a minimum charge when the charge could and arguably should have been more severe. That's the farce, which one of the two tackles is most likely to cause serious injury? Yet one is an instant one match ban and one isnt. Hopefully this makes the NRL realise its got its loading of severity wrong.
You won't find any argument from me about the stupidity of the shoulder charge rule.

I'm just saying that your post was factually incorrect.

Valheru

Coach
TO be pedantic they deemed it not a shoulder charge so no need to enforce a rule as none was broken. Did they find excuses to say it wasn't a shoulder charge? Probably. Are the judiciary inconsistent? Of course they are. Is the match ban regardless of shoulder charge impact ridiculous? Sure is. All round everyones a winner, except the Roosters who have to face the GOAT FB but they got Friend off so all is fair in love and GF's.

Yes they ignored the rules so that he would play. Do you believe any other player from either side would have got off besides smith? If you can't see what is wrong with that then i can't help you.

Jake received 75 points as punishment for his tackle so he didn't get off. If you believe that his tackle shouldn't be less of a punishment than Billy's that is all well and good but those are the current rules and it isn't up to the judiciary to circumvent or straight up ignore them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yes they ignored the rules so that he would play. Do you believe any other player from either side would have got off besides smith? If you can't see what is wrong with that then i can't help you.

Jake received 75 points as punishment for his tackle so he didn't get off. If you believe that his tackle shouldn't be less of a punishment than Billy's that is all well and good but those are the current rules and it isn't up to the judiciary to circumvent or straight up ignore them.
I'm sure Blake Ferguson would have received the same sympathy :D

Given Bellew's directives, the panel basically gave both he and the NRL judicial process a big F**k you.

None of them should ever sit on a tribunal again.

They freed Billy. But the price was their integrity.

Lebbo73

Bench
The most shocking part for me is that QLD Origin legend Bob Lindner exonerated QLD Origin legend Billy Slater.

I mean those guys never stick together like parochial lunatics at all.
So much melting. Slater tackled Feki from the side in a try saving tackle. It wasn’t a shoulder charge.

Lebbo73

Bench
Shoulder charge every day of the week. 200 points for a grade 1

See ya dude. You've been a great fullback but your time is up

I will not watch the grand final if he plays
You and the 24 other muppets who liked this opening post should be banned for showing poor judgment. Anyone with half a brain knew that Slater was going to get off. NFI the lot of you clowns.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what I find very confusing to say the least is that the judiciary, in their attempt to explain why he was not guilty, said he actually tried to put his arms around Feki

as many times as I have seen the replay, I just cant see that at all

Pommy

Coach
One of them is true and you look like a merkin for posting it!

But what flavour of lunatic are you?

You and the 24 other muppets who liked this opening post should be banned for showing poor judgment. Anyone with half a brain knew that Slater was going to get off. NFI the lot of you clowns.

Everyone knew he was going to get off, but not for the same reason you think he got off.

gerg

Juniors

Nailed it.... you would have to be missing half a brain to think that Slater was not guilty of a shoulder charge.

Lebbo73

Bench
f**k no. I love RL but I only support 1 team in the NRL, if I boycott every game they weren't in I wouldn't see much footy.
You should be boycotting the GF on Sunday. Everyone who doesn’t support these two teams should. The refs suddenly turn a blind eye at finals time to offside and Melbourne’s WWE and they look unbeatable.
The Rorters were offside all game against Souffs and everyone was praising their rush defence. Why does the game change every year at finals time due to the referees?

Someguy

First Grade
what I find very confusing to say the least is that the judiciary, in their attempt to explain why he was not guilty, said he actually tried to put his arms around Feki

as many times as I have seen the replay, I just cant see that at all

It is right result but wrong reason. If first contact was with right arm then left pec it is not a shoulder charge. No way in hell did he have any intention of wrapping his arms around it was always a bump/shove/charge

myrrh ken

First Grade
It is right result but wrong reason. If first contact was with right arm then left pec it is not a shoulder charge. No way in hell did he have any intention of wrapping his arms around it was always a bump/shove/charge

I thought the left pec ruling was the judiciary's view. But not sure.

It is absolute crap. Who aims to hit someone with their pec? It was inside of the shoulder.

Maybe the future rule change will be inside of the shoulder fine, outside bad.

johnny plath

Juniors
I'm sure Blake Ferguson would have received the same sympathy :D

Given Bellew's directives, the panel basically gave both he and the NRL judicial process a big F**k you.

None of them should ever sit on a tribunal again.

They freed Billy. But the price was their integrity.
The whole idea of 3 players on the judiciary panel is a joke. Even without challenging their integrity, three dumb arse footballers have had their pants pulled down by a slick lawyer, or taking it to the extreme they didn't get pantsed, but let the player emotion over ride what should have been a 15 minute hearing with a guilty outcome. How about a panel of 1 player, 1 ref, and 1 other tba who isn't a dumb f**k and has the nouse to not be bullied or outwitted over a technicality by a professional lawyer.

typicalfan

Coach
The whole idea of 3 players on the judiciary panel is a joke. Even without challenging their integrity, three dumb arse footballers have had their pants pulled down by a slick lawyer, or taking it to the extreme they didn't get pantsed, but let the player emotion over ride what should have been a 15 minute hearing with a guilty outcome. How about a panel of 1 player, 1 ref, and 1 other tba who isn't a dumb f**k and has the nouse to not be bullied or outwitted over a technicality by a professional lawyer.
This would be why the nrl use a professional prosecutor isnt it, to have a fair trial? Who is to say the outcome would be any different regardless of the judiciary.

Latest posts