What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

Tiger Woody

Juniors
So any word on if/when we have offered a contract or opened negotiations?

I have a bad feeling that this is going to turn into another messy situation and will harm us all season long and then probably see him sign elsewhere.

I am guessing the halfback of the year award will have jacked up his price to around $800K a season

Yeah...That sleazy manager with a surname we all hate (Moses) will be centre stage again.
I dont care if he goes elsewhere,we will pickup someone just as good.
The management knows how to deal with this crap now after the Moses, Hillbilly Woods and Turdesco fiascos.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yeah...That sleazy manager with a surname we all hate (Moses) will be centre stage again.
I dont care if he goes elsewhere,we will pickup someone just as good.
The management knows how to deal with this crap now after the Moses, Hillbilly Woods and Turdesco fiascos.
Kind of agree with all that.

But.... If we lose Brooks I cant see us replacing him with anyone even remotely close to the same level. And I don't even rate Brooks that highly.

If we do lose him it will be back to another rookie half and waiting another 5 years until they are up to first grade standard.

Unfortunately we are still at least another successful season (probably need a finals appearance) and a settled coaching structure before any top line talent even considers us for anything other than massive overs.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope he stays and he re-signs soon. If there is drama just let him go but I hope he isn't like that.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He'll stay
Only danger would be Teddy getting in his ear for the lucrative post Cronk vacancy
He's gone
Tedesco’s influence is a distant second to Isaac Moses’s hatred & vindictiveness towards our club.I have it on good authority Isaac the shitbag moses wants to get Brooks a gig with another club.One things for certain the money we’d have to pay Brooks to retain him will b insane & hence unviable.

Brooks seems to be a decent young man that carries himself well and doesn’t seek the spotlight like his previous halves partner who is now at Parra,i’d assume he would give the WT the common courtesy they deserve when negotiating a new contract unlike some previous players that were at the club.

super_coach

First Grade
There is not much info c coming out of HQ at present on anything. I am not sure if they have packed up shop till preseason starts but the silence is deafening.

You would have to think they have been in talks with Brooks, but it has to be remembered Brook's manager and the Tigers don't exchange Christmas cards!!! If Brooks had a half decent manager I would be confident a deal could be done very soon, but we are talking Moses and he is a slime ball

Tiger Ted

Bench
There is not much info c coming out of HQ at present on anything. I am not sure if they have packed up shop till preseason starts but the silence is deafening.

You would have to think they have been in talks with Brooks, but it has to be remembered Brook's manager and the Tigers don't exchange Christmas cards!!! If Brooks had a half decent manager I would be confident a deal could be done very soon, but we are talking Moses and he is a slime ball
Not exchanging Xmas cards is putting it mildly.

A close mate of mine knows moses very well & I have a mate whose son a Balmain junior is on his books.Both of them have expressed how much the swindler has got it in for WT.

Problem re Brooks is that he is impressionable & will b influenced by his cunning managers advice.The only reason brooks re-signed for 2 yrs during the fiasco re the contracts of the small 4 early last yr was our offer superseded the few miniscule offers he received from other clubs.

This time around Moses won’t have any trouble extracting huge offers from other clubs due to brooks having easily his best season in the NRL thus far.

super_coach

First Grade
Not exchanging Xmas cards is putting it mildly.

A close mate of mine knows moses very well & I have a mate whose son a Balmain junior is on his books.Both of them have expressed how much the swindler has got it in for WT.

Problem re Brooks is that he is impressionable & will b influenced by his cunning managers advice.The only reason brooks re-signed for 2 yrs during the fiasco re the contracts of the small 4 early last yr was our offer superseded the few miniscule offers he received from other clubs.

This time around Moses won’t have any trouble extracting huge offers from other clubs due to brooks having easily his best season in the NRL thus far.

Pretty much how I see it to

Das Hassler

Bench
Yes but if he is in fact impressionable that has a counterbalance....he spends a lot more time around his friends at the club than he does with the manager. No doubt Nathan Cleary's manager ( and his %age) would have preferred him to go to the highest bidder...the other thing is that Brooks has been under enormous pressure from the weight of expectation from day 1 in first grade...now that he's finally come up for air with no Nathan threatening his position why would he want to go somewhere else to just start all over with the pressure?....Mini got Tedesco to the chooks ..not the manager as he's despised by politis. And all Brooks needs to do is see the result of his housemate's manager driven move to the eels. Benji..Reynolds ( especially) and the rest will be working on him pretty hard

super_coach

First Grade
I hope not. I reckon it's going to be hard to replace him.

well we certainly at this stage have nothing on our books that would be anywhere near a top grade no7. Young Madocks the kid we got from the Knights as a development player is a top prospect, but more a no6.

Fingers crossed Brooks will stick around

Tiger Woody

Juniors
well we certainly at this stage have nothing on our books that would be anywhere near a top grade no7. Young Madocks the kid we got from the Knights as a development player is a top prospect, but more a no6.

Fingers crossed Brooks will stick around

If he does leave its not all bad.
Im sure we could get another decent 7 who is NRL proven.....just might have to pay slightly more cash.

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we haven't got his signature before the start of next season it would be a big concern.

out of interest does anyone know which other halfs are on the market for 2020 given that NC has re-signed with the panthers? If Brooks is the most high profile we might have a problem

Perth Tiger

Bench
From the way I see it, the Roosters, Eels, Raiders, Dogs and us would all be in the market for a big name Half signing during 2019.

Then there would also be clubs like Storm and Broncos sniffing around to ponce on a player that would suite their squad.

I hope we have our house in order!

I knew that Cam Smith was managed by Moses and always thought he can't be that bad a manager because the future politician doesn't come across as as dill. So went looking for who else Moses manages, he only has 2 Tigers on his books now.

He has certainly got some 'names' on his books. Doesn't change the fact that he has it in for the club.

https://coveagency.com.au/team/