What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Off-season Thread

Overseas dragon

Juniors
SERIOUSLY WHATS GOING ON SOMEBODY DISLIKING THE WORLDS FAVOURITE PIZZA HAWAIAN PIZZA ..........LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING SERIOUS ............ SACK Mc GREGOR, SACK McGREGOR.

ALSGI

Bench
SERIOUSLY WHATS GOING ON SOMEBODY DISLIKING THE WORLDS FAVOURITE PIZZA HAWAIAN PIZZA ..........LETS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING SERIOUS ............ SACK Mc GREGOR, SACK McGREGOR.
McGregor likes Ham and Pineapple piza.
Belamy likes garlick and prawn.
Cleary, meatlovers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Fetta and olive pizza looks the goods. Whats your special pizza dough recipe?

Gents & Gals,

The recipe is really simple.
One sachet of dry yeast mixede in 3/4 of a litre of water.
Add 1 or 2 spoonfuls of raw sugar, depending on your sugar intake.
Spray a glass bowl with some spray olive oil.
Put 500 - 1 kilo of plain flour in the bowl.
A pinch of salt.
Now add the water / yeast, not too much, just enough for it to be wet. ( you can always add more flour )
Do not add more than 3/4 of the bowl with flour or it will flow over when rising.
Mix it with a large spoon until all moist. ( should take about 1-2 minutes, no more.)
Make sure you have no dry flour bits in bowl.
Place glad wrap over the top of bowl for 1.5 hrs.
The sugar helps the yeast to rise and gives it a slight crusty on the outside texture.
I use a cake triangle spatula to remove the flour from the bowl to my large kneading bread board.
The dough will be super light when kneading with hands.
Make sure you add flour to knead.
Not enough flour on your board, causes it to stick on everything.
Always dust off the flour when moving the dough to the oiled pizza tray.

There is no need to mix flour with a mixing machine, just 1-2 minutes by hand with a large metal spoon more than does the trick. The crust will be super light and crusty ........ not crunchy.

Honestly, this all might sound a lot but l've set people up at their houses and you can make the dough in two seconds, without even thinking about it.

Its all about getting the balance right. The dough is the most important part of your pizza.
This method is fool proof.

Next time, if members want, I can tell you about an idiot proof pizza oven which cost so little, yet is so effective, it sits on your gas bbq.

Crush

Coach
There’s a reason you can’t buy Ham and Pineapple piza in Italy.
Ham and Pineapple is a gateway pizza for children, its sweet so kids are able to enjoy pizza night with their parents.
Adults however prefer more savory delights such as pepperoni, mushrooms and anchovies.
Any adult that still eats ham and pineapple pizza is a simpleton and probably drinks hot chocolate instead of coffee.

Gareth67

First Grade
Used to love the Marianna ( seafood ) pizzas - mmmmh ! Prawns and all those tasty little seafood creatures on top plus a couple of cans of V.B. to wash it all down , but now all I can get are those sickly bluudy McCains that taste more of cardboard than the advertised filling . Not to worry , I can still get my rabbit for Sunday lunch .

The calm one

Juniors
Why talk about it. He is not getting the sack. He will steer the ship next year and probably beyond that

Crush

Coach
Just been hanging out in South Australia this week and noticed South Australian people are a tad on the weird side.
Just me?
Anyone spent any time down that way?
I felt like I was in a time warp.

Latest posts