What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

johnny plath

Juniors
This would be why the nrl use a professional prosecutor isnt it, to have a fair trial? Who is to say the outcome would be any different regardless of the judiciary.
Well the fact the judiciary seemed to ignore the final instructions from bellew regarding what had to be considered in making their decision suggests the panel did their own thing and acted on emotion not the game rules. If that's how a panel of ex players act it's time to f**k them off.

typicalfan

Coach
Well the fact the judiciary seemed to ignore the final instructions from bellew regarding what had to be considered in making their decision suggests the panel did their own thing and acted on emotion not the game rules. If that's how a panel of ex players act it's time to f**k them off.
Bellows didnt say to find him guilty as far as I know. So no that isnt a fact. The facts are Slater is playing this weekend and he isn't the first player to fight a shoulder charge ruling and win at the judiciary. As if heads would roll for that.

Eelectrica

Referee
Adopt the NFL system of fines instead. Save suspensions for off field/drug use related incidents. King hit/spear tackles should be still suspensionable since something like that is pretty much assault.

We don't jail people for going 65 in a 60 zone, fines are handed out.

In the Slater thing, he'd cop a fine, would grumble about it, but pay anyway. Case closed.
Same with future incidents which their will be.

The NRL is in the entertainment business which means putting the best talent available on display.

Jordan

Juniors
Adopt the NFL system of fines instead. Save suspensions for off field/drug use related incidents. King hit/spear tackles should be still suspensionable since something like that is pretty much assault.

In the Slater thing, he'd cop a fine, would grumble about it, but pay anyway. Case closed.

The NRL is in the entertainment business which means putting the best talent available on display.

I agree. If anything they're punishing the fans by making the games less of a spectacle. Players shouldn't be missing grand finals for instances like Slater's hit. I'm glad the panel went their own direction in this one even though it was an incorrect ruling by the letter of the law per se.

Morehead St

Juniors
got some bad news for you buddy
It was indeed bad news - for the game and for the NRL admin. He is still guilty. Being let off because of media pressure does not make him innocent.
BTW I have some banking products that would be perfect for someone with your excellent lifestyle. Contact me via this post for a once in a lifetime opportunity to do you and yours a wonderful favour. Help me to help you.
He is still guilty.

Morehead St

Juniors
NRL reports on the goings on at clubs as if it is a tv mini series, secretly they like it. I'm sure they believe any exposure is good exposure, that couldn't be less true.

It's absurd that the one game I know most about due to playing it entire life, watching it whole life, supporting it my whole is the one game I would never place a single dollar on because I know the game will be decided more often than, not by the players, but by the hidden agenda the NRL / media agreed on.

I really hope everyones see how much of a coincidence it is not that the storm and roosters are playing each other when its slaters final year, up against his old mate cronk. The refereeing in the finals series was so one sided, only 2 teams were ever going through to the GF.
A very honest and heart-felt explanation. I support Souths, but I know they did not deserve to be in the GF after the shut-out from the Roosters.
But I fully agree with what you have said. It is almost as though a script has been written that needs to be acted out to max ratings and ticket sales.
Good luck with your fine club next year.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Totally agree, well said. What business sidelines its greatest assets? Scale of fines unless serious injury invoking foul play. And make the players pay the fine, not the club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A very honest and heart-felt explanation. I support Souths, but I know they did not deserve to be in the GF after the shut-out from the Roosters.
But I fully agree with what you have said. It is almost as though a script has been written that needs to be acted out to max ratings and ticket sales.
Good luck with your fine club next year.

Except if that was true the script would surely have Eels v Bulldogs in the GF to maximise sales and tv audience?

Storm80

Juniors
ennis got off a shoulder charge in 2016 to be able to play in the finals.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...nnis-escapes-shoulder-charge-sanction/7813016

What’s this Michael Ennis got off a blatant shoulder charge, no attempt to use arms or hands, in 2016??? OMG Blake Green didn’t have the ball, and was knocked on ass for several minutes.... now let’s apply the NRL judiciary criteria used on Slater to Ennis in 2016.

"1. Was there forceful contact with the shoulder or upper arm? Yes

"If you answer yes (to question 1) you need to consider:

2. Was the forceful contact made without Ennis using or attempting to use both his arms including his hands to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player? Yes

"3. Was Ennis’ conduct careless? Yes, as green did not have the ball, was blind sided by the contact and Ennis had no right to pick him off in the line without the ball”.

Well we’ll well.... Now I gotta carry on like an absolute muppet that hates rugby league now and crap on like a conspiracy nut job about how corrupt the NRL is...

How’s this for starters...

The NRL didn’t charge Ennis cause they wanted sharks to win a first flag. If sharks don’t have Ennis in week 1 of the finals, Raiders beat Sharks (they only lost 16-14) and probably go on to win the Cup - or at least play off against the storm in GF. NRL is so pro Sydney teams. It’s all a hangover from ARL and NSWRL days. What a f**king rort!

NRL screwed the raiders and storm out of a title. Storm should be going for a 3peat this year... That’s how a rugby league hater rant goes yeah??

Storm80

Juniors
what I find very confusing to say the least is that the judiciary, in their attempt to explain why he was not guilty, said he actually tried to put his arms around Feki

as many times as I have seen the replay, I just cant see that at all

Has a transcript of the NRL judiciary’s ruling been released? My understanding is that the judiciary members deliberate their decision, call all parties back into the hearing room and then literally say their verdict (i.e. guilty or not guilty).

It was slater and his lawyer that said he make first contact with his right hand and hit with a pec. I don’t think the judiciary elaborated on their reasons for reaching a decision.

Storm80

Juniors
Why are you still trying so hard? You got the result you wanted.

It was a shoulder charge. I know it, you know it and Billy knows it. He got off because of who he is, that is the only reason.

Just accept it for what it is and move on.

It wasn’t a shoulder charge though. Don’t be saying “I know it, you know it”... I know under NRL rules it was not a shoulder charge. And I know the shoulder charge rule was never brought in for east west shoulder to shoulder contact

Maroon4life

Juniors
The game isn’t professional nor is it perfect but it’s a terrific product to watch. They’ve got the rules wrong and it’s highlighted tenfold when said rules get magnified by the fact one of the best players in the history of the game can be ruled out for coming up with a try saving tackle in a preliminary final in which the opposing player wasn’t even hurt in the slightest.

They broke the rules for slater and I’m glad they did, everyone but the roosters can enjoy the fact he’ll be there.

Latest posts