What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis V Oz

ozenzud

Juniors
Any vibes/news about how this test match is selling? Only two weeks away. I have this terrible feeling that the world cup hangover and lack of real promotion is going to see it be a very disappointing crowd, which the NZRL really doesn't need.

Was thinking of going up to it myself but in the end didnt sort.

Blair

Coach
16K would be good. The Tonga match sold out.

Playing a league test in October is hopeless, once the NRL GF is done and dusted the season feels over.

It's different for the Tongans, that's all about their intense national pride and spirit. We don't have that on their level. Well, not in such a motivational and expressive way. Their test is like a festival for them, and the rest of us are allowed to join their party.

Last edited:

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Will the junior kiwis be playing the junior kangaroos beforehand?? Love seeing the new up and coming talent and future superstars of the game on show.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Playing a league test in October is hopeless, once the NRL GF is done and dusted the season feels over.

It's different for the Tongans, that's all about their intense natural pride and spirit. We don't have that on their level. Well, not in such a motivational and expressive way. Their test is like a festival for them, and the rest of us are allowed to join their party.
What’s the weather usually like in Auckland during October??

Walter sobchak

First Grade
*national pride and spirit*.

Weather in Auckland in October? From memory, cool with showers, with intermittent warm, dry spells!
Ok. Cool.

I guess I should have asked are kiwis put off by the cold and wet weather for outdoor sporting events ??

playdaball

Bench
I’ve Supported the Kiwis since attending games at Carlaw Park with my Dad back in the 70s. Some of my best RL memories relate to the Kiwis e.g. 1985, 3rd test, 18-0, 1991 victory in Melbourne, WC victory in Brisbane, 2008 plus other games. After last year’s performance, many fans are still not happy with our national team.

Matua

Bench
I’ve Supported the Kiwis since attending games at Carlaw Park with my Dad back in the 70s. Some of my best RL memories relate to the Kiwis e.g. 1985, 3rd test, 18-0, 1991 victory in Melbourne, WC victory in Brisbane, 2008 plus other games. After last year’s performance, many fans are still not happy with our national team.
Yep, last year has left a stain ... not so much the players but the organisation, for hiring an inept coach and then letting him run the team into the ground.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yep. Its a triple header. Jr kiwis first then Kiwi ferns then Kiwis.
With there being no more Holden cup I’m not sure of who the standout players are for the junior kiwis. Heard a lot about tavita-Harris and Tom ale and a few kids from souths like Patrick Herbert and mawane hirtoi(think that’s his name). Any others to keep a lookout for??

Blair

Coach

Don't forget the sensational '83 upset at Lang Park. Our '87 win there, with a young side, was totally unexpected.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Don't forget the sensational '83 upset at Lang Park. Our '87 win there, with a young side, was totally unexpected.
I remember the 1995 RLWC semi-final at Huddersfield against the Aussies and watching you beat the kangaroos at north stadium in either the late 90’s or early 00’s I think. The Paul brothers were immense that night.