What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

blaza88z

Coach
Then according to you the only way a shoulder charge should be penalised is if they have both arms behind their back.

The arms are always going to be in use in some way.

Wasting time you with him, he still thinks Melbourne were hard done by after systematically rorting the cap.

I’m a Storm fan, yes Billy should have been rubbed out because it WAS a shoulder charge. But we all knew he’d fight it & get off. Anyone trying to say it wasn’t shoulder charge is either dillusional or simply a one eyed supporter.

It’s not according to me, that’s the actual rule. Whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, it doesn’t matter. The way the rule is worded at the moment played to Slaters advantage
Open your eyes mate, Trying to say it was a legal tackle is stupid. As blatant as you’ll ever see.

lazza

Juniors
Well it’s all about applying the rules consistently. If Tedesco does a cover shoulder “bump” on someone like slater and as long as there no penalty then it will be fine.

What everyone really is uncomfortable with is that there is a rule for one and not another (slater has been protected his entire career for some reason) and if there should be different penalties for finals.

Last edited:

billygilmore

Juniors
If he’s clearly guilty then why was he found not guilty at the judiciary? And please come up with something better then “the judiciary ignored the rules”

Even OJ got off mate.

I’m glad he’s playing cause I thought it was a good hit and not the sort of tackle the shoulder charge rule was intended for but f**k me he comes in with his arm tucked by his side and hits him with his shoulder, pretty clear cut to me.

I’ve seen poor blokes cop a few weeks for a lot less over the years where they were coming in for a tackle and either the attacker steps in on an awkward line or passes to someone else coming on an unexpected line and the poor defender tucks his arm in bracing for a collision at a different angle he was expecting and then he’s rubbed out for it, I really expected Billy to be sitting out this week.

The_Shield

Juniors
Jesus Christ, give it a rest. You can’t stop can you?
So in other words, you got nothing. Ok let me explain again why he got off. For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms. It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge. It’s a technicality sure but that’s just how it is. It’s similar situation to both the Jack Whighton tackle and the Mick Ennis one, a technicality in the way the rule is written means that technically it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It will stay that way until the rule is changed. Have a nice day

So in other words, you got nothing. Ok let me explain again why he got off. For it to be a shoulder charge there must be no use of or attempted use of the arms. It’s been well documented here multiple times that Slaters arm are involved in the tackle. Therefore it cannot be a shoulder charge. It’s a technicality sure but that’s just how it is. It’s similar situation to both the Jack Whighton tackle and the Mick Ennis one, a technicality in the way the rule is written means that technically it wasn’t a shoulder charge. It will stay that way until the rule is changed. Have a nice day
Couldn’t be f**ked reading your shit. I found the good old ignore button, hopefully it works.

Latest posts