What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I don’t have any reason to believe Keary is better than Cody. In fact I would dare to say that if Keary was still here his stats would be well below Cody’s. He has the luxury of playing with one of the best rosters in the competition. Whereas our roster falls more into the middle of the competition.
Do you think we had the best roster at the start or even mid way through 2014?

No one did, and if they say so they’re talkin out their arse.

With young guns like AJ, Aauva, walker Keary and an old head like tuquiri we hardly looked imposing. Keary was integral to the charge to the grand final. He’s played finals again in a well rounded roosters side. Has Cody?
Wanna blame Madge. Sure let’s do it. Luke saw an opportunity to get out of environment that was going toxic under Madge’s watch while Rusty cracked the whip and he choose to leave. Downhill ever since.

Like it or not, he made a smart decision, backed himself and now not only is being paid well but is playing in team who are serious contenders.

The only thing that can stop him is joe Kelly

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not necessarily better than Keary, equal or close to it.
I don't give a f**k about spoilt brat Keary.

Let him play for the scum!!!!

We don't want merkins playing for The Pride of The League!!

f**k em.......

You wanna go then go!!!

21 baby and South Sydney will march on!!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
People with so much to say about an ex player. Comes across as sour grapes.

Like he’s been the only player to ever try to get what’s best for him or leave our club.

I actually couldn’t give a f**k about Keary, but it turns out other supporters have a lot to say about him. So I just figured instead of letting them shit on the club and throw around accusations I’d add something to the discussion by backing the club and backing the man who saved this club from going under.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I actually couldn’t give a f**k about Keary, but it turns out other supporters have a lot to say about him. So I just figured instead of letting them shit on the club and throw around accusations I’d add something to the discussion by backing the club and backing the man who saved this club from going under.
Bravo!!!

Just like I could not give a toss about McTurtle.

I back the club made the right call on keeping Cook who better suits the style we play!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Do you think we had the best roster at the start or even mid way through 2014?

No one did, and if they say so they’re talkin out their arse.

With young guns like AJ, Aauva, walker Keary and an old head like tuquiri we hardly looked imposing. Keary was integral to the charge to the grand final. He’s played finals again in a well rounded roosters side. Has Cody?
Wanna blame Madge. Sure let’s do it. Luke saw an opportunity to get out of environment that was going toxic under Madge’s watch while Rusty cracked the whip and he choose to leave. Downhill ever since.

Like it or not, he made a smart decision, backed himself and now not only is being paid well but is playing in team who are serious contenders.

The only thing that can stop him is joe Kelly

Everything you say is completely right. He backed himself and played well for the payrise at the roosters. But why couldn’t he do that when he was with us? It’s because he’s not as good as people make him out to be.

If you’re gonna come in here and say Souths made a stupid decision in making him go then that’s what I disagree with. Keary chose to leave. He wasn’t forced by anyone in the club. He didn’t want to stay around and fight for the number 6 position because he had already lost it to Walker. That’s the reality of this whole situation.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Am I really shitting on the club because I’m pointing out facts?
Did Coffs not happen?
Did rusty not single out Keary
Did we not go downhill while he went on to prosper?

I know Souths didn’t let him go he chose to leave. I’ve stated it. He saw the boat was sinking. Takes balls and vision. 2 things he has on the field too by the way.

For a bunch of people who a glad to see the back of him you’re collectively finding ways to continue to resent him.

He’s gone. You got your wish.

Jesus Christ man. You’re better than this,
I can’t fathom hatred for a guy who’s no longer is with us.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Did Coffs not happen?

I know Souths didn’t let him go he chose to leave. I’ve stated it. He saw the boat was sinking. Takes balls and vision. 2 things he has on the field too by the way.

For a bunch of people who a glad to see the back of him you’re collectively finding ways to continue to resent him.

Okay firstly I wasn’t referring directly to you. I was referring to the posters before you. People tend to blame Coffs for what happened with Keary but it’s bullshit. There was so much more going on than any of us supporters knew about. How sensitive would you be if you couldn’t handle criticism from the man that pays your salary?

It’s easy to point at one situation and say “that’s the reason we had a slide in 2015”. Crowe was saying what every supporter was thinking so if people are gonna demonise him then I think that’s pretty hypocritical. Keary didn’t play well in 2015 and that’s because he’s very limited to what he can do on the field. As I outlined earlier he only really has 2 tricks up his sleeve.

I don’t really hate Keary but I don’t neccessarily like him either. If somebody didn’t bring him up and start bitching about how Souths made a mistake then I never would’ve said anything or even thought of Luke Keary. I don’t really hate any NRL player. I sometimes disagree with their actions but I respect what they do every week.

Pommy

Coach
I don't give a f**k about spoilt brat Keary.

Let him play for the scum!!!!

We don't want merkins playing for The Pride of The League!!

f**k em.......

You wanna go then go!!!

21 baby and South Sydney will march on!!!!!!!

Really because it seems like you give a f**k reading this.
It reads like the words of a jilted woman.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Blind allegiance to the club and trusting the club always knows best is not the best policy. Sometimes clubs go off the rails and losing good players can be a pointer to the club going the wrong way

Remember that Nathan Merritt walked out on Souths early in his career and he did so saying he wanted to play for a decent team. In the end Chris Anderson did not treat him well at the Sharks and he came back to Souths. But the point is that Merritt was right to leave when he did as the club was very poorly run back then

Keary was also right to leave as Souths were not supplying him with the backline players to make best use of Keary's ball playing skills

doyen

Bench
Did Coffs not happen?

In the couple of years after 2014 most of our players went backwards.

Under Madge,most didn't know whether they were Arthur or Martha.

Plenty were unhappy & couldn't escape fast enough!

Not too many wanted to come to us either!

A number stayed on when they managed to snaffle big $$$$ contracts but since have never really performed to earn their dosh----notably AR & the twins for eg!!

Keary's been allowed to play his natural game under Robinson,& to thrive, instead of going backwards under a dodgy coach!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Blind allegiance to the club and trusting the club always knows best is not the best policy. Sometimes clubs go off the rails and losing good players can be a pointer to the club going the wrong way

Remember that Nathan Merritt walked out on Souths early in his career and he did so saying he wanted to play for a decent team. In the end Chris Anderson did not treat him well at the Sharks and he came back to Souths. But the point is that Merritt was right to leave when he did as the club was very poorly run back then

Keary was also right to leave as Souths were not supplying him with the backline players to make best use of Keary's ball playing skills
Worry about your own mob!

Rabbits20

Immortal
In the couple of years after 2014 most of our players went backwards.

Under Madge,most didn't know whether they were Arthur or Martha.

Plenty were unhappy & couldn't escape fast enough!

Not too many wanted to come to us either!

A number stayed on when they managed to snaffle big $$$$ contracts but since have never really performed to earn their dosh----notably AR & the twins for eg!!

Keary's been allowed to play his natural game under Robinson,& to thrive, instead of going backwards under a dodgy coach!
Madge won us a premiership and turned the place around.

I'll be forever grateful!

Yes it wore off with his tactics but credit where credit is due Doyen.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

But that’s the thing. It’s not blind allegiance to the club. They have made mistakes. Letting Brown go was one of the biggest that I’ve seen in recent years. Resigning AR for 5 years probably wasn’t the greatest move in hindsight either. Even resigning Sutton I saw as a mistake.

However if the club actually makes the right call, which I honestly believe they did with Keary, then there’s no reason for me not to speak my mind.

You say Keary was “right to leave Souths as Souths were not supplying him with the correct backline”. The way I see it is that he was outplayed by Walker for the number 6 jersey and couldn’t be bothered to fight for it back. Walker pulls up great stats with the same “horrible backline” Keary supposedly played with. Plus Walker can cover multiple positions as well.

Every time a former Souths player has a good game it’s brought up on this forum. “We made a mistake letting x player go.” When realistically I look at all the players we’ve let go in the last 5 years and I only see one walk in to our starting 17. That being Nathan Brown and maybe Koroisau but his missed tackle count is outrageous.

doyen

Bench
Madge won us a premiership and turned the place around.

I'll be forever grateful!

Yes it wore off with his tactics but credit where credit is due Doyen.

The club roster won us a p/ship-----Madge's tactics----well,almost from day one under Madge's tight-fisted,highly disciplined approach & robotic style I started to doubt--- that over time we'd suffer.
This has happened--we forced good young players out the door--a few top senior players too--even Sam needed a break from it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The club roster won us a p/ship-----Madge's tactics----well,almost from day one under Madge's tight-fisted,highly disciplined approach & robotic style I started to doubt--- that over time we'd suffer.
This has happened--we forced good young players out the door--a few top senior players too--even Sam needed a break from it!!
I disagree as he turned the place around with much needed discipline. FACT.

Also in 2014 towards the back end we actually threw the ball around more to the backs as well which was part of the game plan.

No Madge we wouldn't have got twenty one that year.

Mcturtle and Keary I'm so glad they went out the door. Imo we are better off without them. Brown was the one I was fuming at.

It's not that Sam needed a break it's that he wanted to pursue a dream Doyen. He wanted to go and give it a go for the Union World Cup. He was always coming back to Souths.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Congratulations to Luke Keary on becoming a 2 time premiership winning half as well as a Clive Churchill medal winner

Richo has made a number of recruitment errors in recent years. But his worst mistake was to swap Keary for Cody Walker. And this all happened because Richo gave Reynolds a massive 5 year mega deal which rewarded Reynolds way beyond his limited abilities

If Souths had kept Keary they would have won this year's comp. Instead Reynolds and Cody could only create one try between them in the last 2 games when up against quality defence

Curns13

Juniors
Congratulations to Luke Keary on becoming a 2 time premiership winning half as well as a Clive Churchill medal winner

Richo has made a number of recruitment errors in recent years. But his worst mistake was to swap Keary for Cody Walker. And this all happened because Richo gave Reynolds a massive 5 year mega deal which rewarded Reynolds way beyond his limited abilities

If Souths had kept Keary they would have won this year's comp. Instead Reynolds and Cody could only create one try between them in the last 2 games when up against quality defence
f**k Luke Keary. What did he actually do tonight? What did he do better than Munster or Croft? The Roosters scored off Storm mistakes, just like against us last week, and won because of their incredible defence. Keary did not win them that game, Trent Robinson won them that game.

And in defence of Reyno and Cody, Smith, Slater and Munster couldn’t get a try against that Roosters D tonight either.

Latest posts