What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M "NRL"...

Listening to the Grill team this morning - MG & Matt Johns talking about the Rabbitohs Dragons match on Triple M and to "download the app to listen"..... Why?

Instead Triple M will call the GWS Grants game in Melbourne.. Why?

Because as they said - Triple M signed a contract that ensures they have to call AFL if a Sydney team is in the finals.. Was the same last week also.

They (MG & Johns) spoke of it in a less than flattering way... don't blame them.

Anyone know more about that contract? Who's paying who here? And ratings on these games?

Last edited:

The Marshall

Juniors
It's been that way since Triple M started calling NRL whenever a Swans game was on they put that on air over NRL.

On another note Dan Ginnane's calling has really gone downhill he literally just creams into the mic now.

thorson1987

Coach
Each AFL deal with Triple MMM was done before the NRL one, hence why Swans and GWS finals get priority.

Each AFL deal with Triple MMM was done before the NRL one, hence why Swans and GWS finals get priority.

Yep, and it stipulates that in certain markets if there are clashes with other sports that Triple M have the rights to, they must broadcast the AFL match.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Worth noting they are bringing back ‘Dead Set Legends’ Saturday morning. It’s going to be Gus Worland and Del so I don’t have huge hopes for it. Used to love Dan Ginnane and Rabs.

Suitman

Post Whore
f**k the AFL.
One of the best NRL shows on the radio (MMM) gets cut for Sydney listeners so they can broadcast the f**king Swans. I wonder how many people switched off?
I know I did. And I sure ain't switching to listen to those boofheads on 2GB.

Diesel

Referee
Tag them on social media, contact them directly or even their sponsors to let them know you’re not listening when they play the AFL. I’ve done it with several stations/advertisers and have had rather positive replies.

must the same in Brissie, we have to put up with the Lions. So it’s a choice of ABC or 4BC