What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Hawkins

Juniors
William Slater said that being booed last night was a sign of respect.

No f**kwit that noise coming from a large crowd means they hate you.

Lots of people hate you and then Captain Kangaroo confirmed the hurt feelings in the press conference so now the people who booed you know that you know that they hate you.

If you want to hear respect listen when they announce Latrell Mitchel, I mean he is as big a grub as you or Cameron's Smith or Munster and they cheer for him.

I'm so happy the Storm pressured the judiciary for you to play last night, it was so much better for you to be on the field spanked rather than on the sideline watching.

‘Only been good for the game’.

Yeah abusing a ref on the bigger stage by yelling ‘Use your f**king brain’ is a great look for the kids.

Was gonna make a thread about this, but came here to see if anyone else noticed.

It's so typical that in his last ever game, down on the scoreboard and heading for failure Slater showed his true colours and felt it was OK to abuse the ref cos he couldn't be suspended. He had nothing left to lose. The worst part about it is Sutton did NOTHING and just wore it cos it was Slater. Not just that, but a few mins later he actually checked that contest on Slater for the FG when it was clearly a massive dive.

I'm glad to see the back of the overrated jerk. Best fullback ever my arse.

jim_57

Staff member
Haven't seen on person yet mention the biggest contributing factor to why you all have a mild dislike for Slater (& Smith).

Success, both are grubs and get preferential treatment sure. I'd bet what has pushed most people into the "rabid" category of hate is that they've had to watch these 2 grub it up but at the same time be 2 of the best players of all time and watch them lift trophies and win medals for the last 10-15 years.

Haven't seen on person yet mention the biggest contributing factor to why you all have a mild dislike for Slater (& Smith).

Success, both are grubs and get preferential treatment sure. I'd bet what has pushed most people into the "rabid" category of hate is that they've had to watch these 2 grub it up but at the same time be 2 of the best players of all time and watch them lift trophies and win medals for the last 10-15 years.
Ummm, na, just hate them. Grubs

carcharias

Immortal

Seen them lose a few GF’s too.
I’ll miss seeing Billy lose GF’s.

Brutus

Referee
William Slater said that being booed last night was a sign of respect.

No f**kwit that noise coming from a large crowd means they hate you.

Lots of people hate you and then Captain Kangaroo confirmed the hurt feelings in the press conference so now the people who booed you know that you know that they hate you.

If you want to hear respect listen when they announce Latrell Mitchel, I mean he is as big a grub as you or Cameron's Smith or Munster and they cheer for him.

I'm so happy the Storm pressured the judiciary for you to play last night, it was so much better for you to be on the field spanked rather than on the sideline watching.

f**k off

Frailty

First Grade

2 premierships in 8 attempts.

Nah, probably more to do with the salary cap rorting, the bending of the rules and making the league need to make rules about actions intended to cause injury, and then freely letting them off when they do get charged for a blatant breaking of the rules...

Even then, I don't know if the crowd was booing Billy Slater, but rather the fact that he was allowed to play the game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Hahaha.

So why do people not hate JT? Won the same amount of premierships as both of them, same Origins, and many more Dally Ms/Golden Boots/positional player of the years etc.

Difference being, JT is only a slight grub but is a good person. Slater and Smith are both gigantic grubs and gigantic f**kwits.

The 'tall poppy' excuse for people who have the track record of Slater and Smith is laughable. Move on. There's a reason no one else has mentioned that factor...because it's not a factor.