What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI, shortest Roos captaincy ever?

Pommy

Coach
Fair enough
As long as it’s a balanced punishment
The nrl isn’t the military, horses for courses
0.085, 14 kms over speed
Bad yes
Not worse case

However, of course the nrl needs to be consistent
Nothing for Mary?
But what, 8 weeks for GI?
Being consistent and fair is important
Very very important

0.085 at Lithgow, he was playing in Dubbo which is about 3 hours away.
Well if we’re talking about consistency how can he get the same number of weeks as Pearce?

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Fair enough
As long as it’s a balanced punishment
The nrl isn’t the military, horses for courses
0.085, 14 kms over speed
Bad yes
Not worse case

However, of course the nrl needs to be consistent
Nothing for Mary?
But what, 8 weeks for GI?
Being consistent and fair is important
Very very important

What's important is that the NRL not only sets a standard that their players must abide by, but send a message to the wider RL, sporting and general Australian community that drink driving will not be tolerated.
A slap on the wrist will achieve nothing.

Chimp

Bench
What's important is that the NRL not only sets a standard that their players must abide by, but send a message to the wider RL, sporting and general Australian community that drink driving will not be tolerated.
A slap on the wrist will achieve nothing.
Genuine question, with his injuries and patchy form (doesn't seem to play well consistently - certainly not to the value of what I imagine he'll be earning), would you South's fans be happy for his contract to be terminated? Use it as a 'get out' for a player that appears to be an expensive luxury?
He's certainly not the player he was, and is more than a few years past his best.

Pommy

Coach
Genuine question, with his injuries and patchy form (doesn't seem to play well consistently - certainly not to the value of what I imagine he'll be earning), would you South's fans be happy for his contract to be terminated? Use it as a 'get out' for a player that appears to be an expensive luxury?
He's certainly not the player he was, and is more than a few years past his best.

People keep saying he’s not that good anymore yet as of yesterday morning he’s a club, state and national captain. Although granted I don’t think he will have any of those titles at the start of next year. That doesn’t suggest coaches at the highest level believe he is past it.
As for sacking him, yes you free up a large chunk of cap space but what use is that now? To bring a player in of that standard normally takes a lot of work in the background and is unlikely to be in place for the start of the season.

Travitoh

First Grade

It's very much this reason that i believe this kind of thing should be an NRL matter.

I did think about that this morning and the money would probably tie up Murray and Cook but i would doubt that this would happen from the club. GI is still the best outside back in the club and probably retires in the next 12 months anyway. More to lose than gain by the club using it as a form of roster management.

Pilot house

Juniors
PS. When Mary did it, the nrl did nothing.
And he is a coach.
That’s worse.
And He is meant to lead the Dragons as our coach
Weird........

They may show him the new Slater mercy clause....
Not guilty.
Go back to your own forum schmucklet.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
After due consideration,I have to bat for GI.

He was no doubt suffering from some kind of episodic depression, maybe he got some bad news and was forced to drive. The public humiliation is far more than anything the nrl or courts can dish out. He didn’t punch or hit anyone, he wasn’t driving dangerously, he spends a lot of time on charity. So far as I know, no criminal record.

Someone may have spiked his drink.

The cops should have asked him to chill out for a few hours until he was ok. Let him off with a caution.

No penalty required.

I will stand by my captain.
The guy is as thick as a brick
After due consideration, I have to bat for GI.

He was no doubt suffering from some kind of episodic depression, maybe he got some bad news and was forced to drive. The public humiliation is far more than anything the nrl or courts can dish out. He didn’t punch or hit anyone, he wasn’t driving dangerously, he spends a lot of time on charity. So far as I know, no criminal record.

The cops should have asked him to chill out for a few hours until he was ok. Let him off with a caution.

No penalty required.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
The guy is as thick as a brick,always has been, that comes out every time he speaks.
Sad part is Boyd Cordial will take his place....both rank high in lack of public speaking skills.. Heaven help us:rolling_eyes:

Pommy

Coach
After due consideration, I have to bat for GI.

No penalty required.

He wasn’t driving dangerously? Give yourself an upper cut.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He wasn’t driving dangerously? Give yourself an upper cut.

Doesnt really matter does it Pommy?
Are there different rules in pommyland are there?
I will give you a geography lesson now..
He drove from Dubbo and was pulled over near Bathurst..(so he was already driving for 3 hours)
Probably still on his L plates as hes so dumb.
Your the one needing the "uppercut"

Pommy

Coach
Doesnt really matter does it Pommy?
Are there different rules in pommyland are there?
I will give you a geography lesson now..
He drove from Dubbo and was pulled over near Bathurst..(so he was already driving for 3 hours)
Probably still on his L plates as hes so dumb.
Your the one needing the "uppercut"

It doesn’t really matter that he was under the influence? That isn’t classed as dangerous driving? Okay then...

Travitoh

First Grade
Reading a lot of the comments on FB is depressing, that there are people out there who believe that drink driving is an innocent mistake if you're a good bloke and are willing to argue with anyone who suggests otherwise.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He was a couple of lagers over the limit, no priors form.

He’s generally an excellent driver.

Plus he was only out there to support his people and do good stuff.

A couple of years ago, .085 would be low range.

Souths has never been a club without mercy and forgiveness for one of our own.

He’s one of the finest players of all time.

Gi is still my captain.

Just like the Footy Show Pilot..
He's goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tiger Woody

Juniors
He was a couple of lagers over the limit, no priors form.

He’s generally an excellent driver.

Plus he was only out there to support his people and do good stuff.

A couple of years ago, .085 would be low range.

Souths has never been a club without mercy and forgiveness for one of our own.

He’s one of the finest players of all time.

Gi is still my captain.

this ones for you Pilot.
Oldie but a goodie....One hit wonder it was.
Enjoy..

Latest posts