What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Matiunz

Juniors
It’s either Maori or Polynesian design which has also been incorporated into the Warriors jersey on the side panels. I’m not a fan of it, and while I have no problems celebrating the culture of NZ they need to leave it off the playing jersey. It could be incorporated into off-field or training gear.

The ferns themselves on the shoulders are not Polynesian design and are pretty interchangeable with a kiwi as a symbol for NZ, in fact both are on the Kiwis badge.
Side panels appear to be Maori design though

kdalymc

Bench
It’s either Maori or Polynesian design which has also been incorporated into the Warriors jersey on the side panels. I’m not a fan of it, and while I have no problems celebrating the culture of NZ they need to leave it off the playing jersey. It could be incorporated into off-field or training gear.
Hmm that’s a bit slack. The best jersey the Wallabies ever had was there one with indigenous designs (also the only one they’ve won in) Roos should try it.
Do you think Tonga, Ireland, Scotland and Samoa should remove theirs?

Edit- sorry did you mean on the warriors or kiwis? No the Warriors should not have it, they are a club side. The kiwis are ok

Tonga have also moved to ISC: https://www.iscsport.com/isc-partners-with-tonga

Does anyone know how long the Kangaroos' deal with Canterbury is? I wouldn't be surprised if ISC signs them up in the future since they seem to have almost everyone.
Like the current Tongan jersey hope they don't change it. Clearly there is money to be made with Tonga and merchandise. Hope they don't have some chat sponsor on it.

sempmrh

Juniors
Like the current Tongan jersey hope they don't change it. Clearly there is money to be made with Tonga and merchandise. Hope they don't have some chat sponsor on it.

It’s basically the same and still with that unfortunate front of jersey sponsor.

greenBV4

Bench
Not sure if someones posted actual pictures but heres the ISC Tongan jersey

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 5.06.27 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 5.06.27 pm.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 5.06.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 5.06.11 pm.png
    568 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
also it looks like that horrible collar is gone from the kangaroos jersey

View attachment 23958
That looks like an old photo.

Canterbury has a new collar design and template now anyway: https://rugbyshirtwatch.com/?s=canterbury

It's basically an overlapped t-shirt style collar with high raglan sleeve seams at the front and webbing stitched over the seams. The high cut for the sleeves will make the Kangaroos' chevrons look much, much better.

Lambretta

First Grade
Apparently removing the southern cross is 'treasonous'...

Brazil, PNG and New Zealand have the Southern Cross on their flags

It is not an exclusively Australian symbol.

I don't mind including it as PNG and New Zealand play League, but to claim not including it as treasonous or worse "un-Australian" is a load of old bollocks

callmack1

Staff member
Getting to that exciting time of the year for us jersey nerds!!! I believe we will start to see a few designs coming through in the next few weeks because I think the NRL is officially launching all their new logo stuff this week.

In regards to the new logo, I don't mind it. I agree that it may be a little too simplified and I'm not a massive fan of the writing being outside on the bottom because this won't look good with complex jerseys but otherwise, I don't mind it.

Nuke

Staff member
Getting to that exciting time of the year for us jersey nerds!!! I believe we will start to see a few designs coming through in the next few weeks because I think the NRL is officially launching all their new logo stuff this week.

In regards to the new logo, I don't mind it. I agree that it may be a little too simplified and I'm not a massive fan of the writing being outside on the bottom because this won't look good with complex jerseys but otherwise, I don't mind it.

18th October, so Thursday next week.