What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Was Our Best Jersey This Year - An off season thread

Favorite Jersey for 2018

• Home

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Members

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • ANZAC

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Indigenous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Retro

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

General Stripes

Juniors
Its the off season.

That and I really really want validation for my push to have the members jersey as our home jersey.

Pick your favourite and post the why's..

I chose the members, classy, traditional and gets our colours right.

298-369.jpg

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Home, then Indigenous. I want to like the Members one but I think the stripes are too thin, just feels unbalanced.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Members jersey for sure. Indigenous was good. Home and away utter dross as per almost every year of this club's existence.

There was no retro jersey this year right?

macnaz

Staff member
Funny thing is i found them all pretty forgettable.. just to many these days .

Not trolling - I promise..

But the thread title caught my eye scrolling down the LU homepage...

I agree with @macnaz but also that - excluding my mob - my 2 favourite jerseys in history are the Balmain Orange + Black V's, and the Wests Black with White V's. Ie the 80's era . Absolute classics.

Off topic perhaps - but would Wests Tigers fans love to see them run out in these classics as your alternates next year?

Happy to be called a dinosaur..

As for Q on topic this year... members for mine was your best.

JB04

Juniors
I went members, even though each time we used it we played like a pack of deadsh*ts

macnaz

Staff member

I agree with @macnaz but also that - excluding my mob - my 2 favourite jerseys in history are the Balmain Orange + Black V's, and the Wests Black with White V's. Ie the 80's era . Absolute classics.

Off topic perhaps - but would Wests Tigers fans love to see them run out in these classics as your alternates next year?

We did use a combination of the 2 styles in the early days and thought it was good... We have like most clubs gone down the track of a million jerseys to make money at the expense of tradition and identity.

JB04

Juniors

I would like a white and orange (not fluorescent orange) V on a black Jersey and as an away/alt jersey an orange with white and black V’s. Why we don’t have a predominantly orange jersey I have no idea, it doesn’t exactly clash with other jerseys

We did use a combination of the 2 styles in the early days and thought it was good... We have like most clubs gone down the track of a million jerseys to make money at the expense of tradition and identity.

Yeah - "its a business these days" and all that and I get that. Good Thread though btw.

And good luck to the Tigers in 2019. Ever since our epic Semi at the SFS in 2005 I've had had the ultimate respect for the Tigers and their fans. If we cant win, I always hope you guys can.

stryker

First Grade
Hated the members jersey.
Looked like something a gay yuppy would drape around his shoulders at a poetry retrospective.

Shredder

Juniors
My fav was the one from when we won the 7s. Tiger stripes on a Tigers jersey......

Who would have guessed that would look good?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Worst Jersey IMO was this by a mile, I hated it. 2003-2004. Thank God we didn’t have it for 05, I’d hate it for this to be the what we won our first comp in

572F3B21-96A5-4205-BF9E-1ECD2722D9EE.jpeg

phenisha

Juniors
i have a question, through the years, which of our ex jersey sponsors are still in business? seems we had some seriously dodgy companies through the year

Latest posts