What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Penrith awards night

Whino

Bench
Panthers backrower Isaah Yeo won the coveted Merv Cartwright Medal at the club's end of season awards night in Penrith on Wednesday.

The award is recognition of Yeo's immense contribution to the success of the Panthers in 2018.

Known for his commitment and consistency, Yeo averaged 31 tackles and 112 running metres per game this season.

The 23-year-old stepped up as captain of the side when James Maloney was unavailable, and provided impeccable leadership to help guide the team through the challenges of 2018.

The other Panthers award winners are listed below:

- Josh Mansour (John Farragher Award for Courage and Determination)
- Jack Hetherington (Ben Alexander Rookie of the Year)
- Viliame Kikau (Members Player of the Year)
- Peter Wallace (Club Person of the Year)
- Caleb Aekins (ISP Player of the Year)
- Daine Laurie (Jersey Flegg Player of the Year)
- Jarome Luai (OAK Try of the Year)
- James Tamou (Senior Education Award)
- J'maine Hopgood (Junior Education Award)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/04/penrith-panthers-star-isaah-yeo-wins-2018-merv-cartwright-medal/

TheFrog

Coach
For the second year running, Yeo has taken out the club's best player award. He has missed one game in the past 3 seasons. He's now reached 108 games at 23. If his durability remains as it is, he will be the Panthers first 300 game player.

It's long surprised me that this bloke doesn't get considered for rep sides. Maybe he needs to lose an eye or something.

mxlegend99

Referee
For the second year running, Yeo has taken out the club's best player award. He has missed one game in the past 3 seasons. He's now reached 108 games at 23. If his durability remains as it is, he will be the Panthers first 300 game player.

It's long surprised me that this bloke doesn't get considered for rep sides. Maybe he needs to lose an eye or something.
We have 3 young guys with very good starts on being 300 game players for us.

Nathan Cleary - 20 years and 324 days - 58 games
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - 23 years and 48 days - 96 games
Isaah Yeo - 23 years and 332 days - 108 games

DWZ tracking well for having had a few serious injuries. Best part is all 3 of them are 100% class guys off the field. Great role models for kids.

OldPanther

Coach

We have 3 young guys with very good starts on being 300 game players for us.

Nathan Cleary - 20 years and 324 days - 58 games
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak - 23 years and 48 days - 96 games
Isaah Yeo - 23 years and 332 days - 108 games

DWZ tracking well for having had a few serious injuries. Best part is all 3 of them are 100% class guys off the field. Great role models for kids.

Very bright future.

roofromoz

First Grade

RCG won it last year. But agree with the sentiment otherwise. If we had 13 Isaah Yeo's on the field each week we would be near unbeatable.

TheFrog

Coach
RCG won it last year. But agree with the sentiment otherwise. If we had 13 Isaah Yeo's on the field each week we would be near unbeatable.
Oooooh my bad. Did Yeo win it the year before that by any chance?

Edit: No it was Trent Merrin. I was sure Yeo had won it before. Oh well.

Western Stand

Juniors
Wow...I didn't realise that Isaah isn't 24 yet. He is the type of player that you build the foundations of a successful club. As loyal as the day is long and as hard working and unassuming as you want them to be.

He reminds me a lot of Hoffman and Mannering in that he is a great player but an even better team player.

I put him along side the great champion Colin Van Der Voort as the type of player your club needs and everyone loves and respects.

I understand why Gould got emotional when talking about Peach and Corey. This is a great club with even greater people.

Fangs

Coach
I once walked past Issah Yeo with my fly undone. I thought he was just smiling because he was a nice guy.