What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salford for sale?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7316...o-be-preferred-choice-for-next-magic-weekend/

Salford will seal survival by beating London but they are believed to be for sale.

An advert for a club dubbed ‘Project Ball’ has been circulated for ‘investment and potentially partial or total sale’.

And sources have told SunSport the club, described as ‘a professional northern rugby team who play in England’s top flight’ is in fact the Red Devils.

SunSport revealed Chinese businessmen, believed to be connected to construction giants BCEGI, were interested in the club.

Now the advert from Sedulo, who have been named as advisors to Salford’s board, appears to confirm they are seeking new money. Neither Salford nor Sedulo would confirm it relates to them.

Dndp5C7XgAIMH9C.jpg

Walter sobchak

First Grade
So much for beating London broncos. Salford Red Devils are an empty shell of a club who play outside of Salford in front of small number of people in a soulless stadium. The club unfortunately offer nothing to super league and hopefully will be replaced this season or the next. They are on borrowed time.

Teddyboy

First Grade
So much for beating London broncos. Salford Red Devils are an empty shell of a club who play outside of Salford in front of small number of people in a soulless stadium. The club unfortunately offer nothing to super league and hopefully will be replaced this season or the next. They are on borrowed time.
Why did they waste all that money on the AJ Bell as neither Salford and Sale get any good crowds.

deluded pom?

Coach
If that advert is for Salford they want doing under the trades description act.

Last edited:

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Why did they waste all that money on the AJ Bell as neither Salford and Sale get any good crowds.
Good question and I honestly don’t know the answer. I’ve never been to it but apparently it’s in the middle of nowhere surrounded by the motorway and slip roads.

Salford need to be based within the city of Salford and if I was them I’d be begging Salford city F.C. to let them share their upgraded ground.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Good question and I honestly don’t know the answer. I’ve never been to it but apparently it’s in the middle of nowhere surrounded by the motorway and slip roads.

Salford need to be based within the city of Salford and if I was them I’d be begging Salford city F.C. to let them share their upgraded ground.
But even if that does happen then the AJ stands wasted even with Sale playing out of it.
When it comes to stadiums there are a lot of clueless f**ks.

Robert B

Juniors
Is it possible that Toronto Wolfpack are for sale? They are based in Manchester, and probably receive only the modest TV Income that are seen in those financials.

playdaball

Bench

The numbers are strange.

TV income halved from 2018
Other income will be up - assume crowds, sponsorship, grants

Contract costs are forecasted to be lower than previous 2 years ... may struggle again to make an impact on the field
Other overheads will be reduced by -20% vs 2 years ago?

Club showing a profit in 2019 after having made 2 losses, that is a big turnaround.
Any potential buyer would have to do due diligence and drill Down further.

A potential buyer would have to be a passionate fan, have a major ego (e.g. im The man I owe my own rugby club) or use this as a tax write off.

There are still NRL clubs for sale that could potentially be a better investment.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The numbers are strange.

TV income halved from 2018
Other income will be up - assume crowds, sponsorship, grants

Contract costs are forecasted to be lower than previous 2 years ... may struggle again to make an impact on the field
Other overheads will be reduced by -20% vs 2 years ago?

Club showing a profit in 2019 after having made 2 losses, that is a big turnaround.
Any potential buyer would have to do due diligence and drill Down further.

A potential buyer would have to be a passionate fan, have a major ego (e.g. im The man I owe my own rugby club) or use this as a tax write off.

There are still NRL clubs for sale that could potentially be a better investment.
I waiting to win the lotto then a buy a club and do the old tax right off infill a build a popular culture around players, fans and local community.
I bet Tim Martin would make a good go of looking after a Rugby team.