What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickers007

Juniors
Can anyone think of any other father/ son combinations in the NRL?
Flannigans at the Sharks is the only other one I can think of.

Chris Anderson would routinely select his son (Scott, I think) at the Sharks in the 90s, despite how utterly ordinary he was.

Hopefully Nathan's form doesn't warrant it, but I'd imagine it would be very hard to drop your son to ISP Cup

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Nathan's thing is always giving 100% like JT. His greatest strength is week in week out, playing at a first grade level due to hard he tries and trains. It's hard to imagine having playing like he should get dropped considering in his worst games he's always giving 100%. Even if someone's having some bad form if they're trying hard you don't really see someone dropped to ISP off the back of it. It's usually not trying hard enough.

martielang

Bench
Lodge is a dick.

But we love a redemption story at this club (with a 5% success rate) & he has turned into a damn good footballer.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lodge would be great. We are stuck with Alvaro and Mannah ffs.

On Ivan he is just like most other NRL coaches. Bar Bellamy is there a standout NRL coach?
Sure Robinson looks good but he has all the money to spend. Throw tedesco and ceonk into any top 8 side and they become a premiership favourite instantly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Now the wheels are in motion regarding the Family affair, (Cleary and Son). I'd like the details worked out quickly so that pre-season can start afresh.

How do I feel about Cleary and son ? I think I like it. Remembering the warm fuzziness of the Lang combination and the success that it brought to the club. It will have it's challenges though. This will need to be managed and managed well.

The way in which it's happened though has been a bit mucky. Sadly though I think because of the time-frame that was always going to be the case.

Nathan's thing is always giving 100% like JT. His greatest strength is week in week out, playing at a first grade level due to hard he tries and trains. It's hard to imagine having playing like he should get dropped considering in his worst games he's always giving 100%. Even if someone's having some bad form if they're trying hard you don't really see someone dropped to ISP off the back of it. It's usually not trying hard enough.

I doubt Cleary will ever play many bad games, but there’s always the possibility someone better comes along I guess.

My bigger concern is Ivan being wedded to the idea Nathan needs to be the main playmaker.

Bob

Juniors
From Barry Toohey’s column in the Newcastle Herald

Brent Naden’s stint with the Knights is also over after one season at the club. The former Penrith Under 20’s captain, who joined the Knights this year after a stint at the Canberra Raiders, is heading back to the Panthers.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From Barry Toohey’s column in the Newcastle Herald

Brent Naden’s stint with the Knights is also over after one season at the club. The former Penrith Under 20’s captain, who joined the Knights this year after a stint at the Canberra Raiders, is heading back to the Panthers.

Thanks for that Bob. Good depth player. Handy signing.

unKwn

Juniors
Fangs mate, give us some clues. something like, reveal a letter of the players name each week, but it's in a scrambled order, and we have to unscramble it. fun offseason game if you're down hahahah

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
The two forwards I believe we could be after.
1. It's well reported how much his players love Bennet. When Bennet leaves Lodge leaves to the Broncos to come back to Penrith.
2. There was a rumor about an ex Panthers being unhappy at his current club and wanting to come back. Considering what Bryce's partner posted on instagram I think the rumor would about Latu.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The two forwards I believe we could be after.
1. It's well reported how much his players love Bennet. When Bennet leaves Lodge leaves to the Broncos to come back to Penrith.
2. There was a rumor about an ex Panthers being unhappy at his current club and wanting to come back. Considering what Bryce's partner posted on instagram I think the rumor would about Latu.

That instagram post has been removed. According to Buzz Gus met with Bryce, his partner, and manager at a coffee shop in Eastern burbs for Breakfast. According to Buzz not to bring him back but to offer advice and mentor him. This is the stuff that we oft don't hear about. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.