What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

When Pascoe responded to the news, he came right out and smashed the panthers in the nose.

He knew full well what was expected of him from the club and all involved.

Even if pascoe wants an out now, he can’t move. He must deliver or lose face and his job.

There’s no going quietly into the night. People’s jobs and reputations are at stake.
Pascoe is a mental midget and got played start to finish

TIGER14

Bench
I’ll bite...why shouldn’t he?
Bite? It's hardly bait....

He shouldn't because he has a job to do for us right now. If he's negotiating with other clubs behind that period it shows he isn't fully committed to the cause.

If he has agreed to coach Penrith in 2021, why would he do his best to strengthen the Tigers in the meantime. Why would he want to improve a team that will be his competition in 2 years time?

Black Magik

Juniors
I would very surprised if the wt ic contract left out clauses that did not command ic to conduct himself in a manner consistent with the wt clubs interests.

All the tigers need to do is allege that he hasnt and, bring their action and start issuing subpoenas left, right and centre to get to the bottom of it.

This would include getting ic to court where he cant hide or shut up.

Gus and the agent should be called too.

Just because they say he’s not going to go doesn’t mean they can’t sue him for damages they allege he had caused them although they have to quantify that I guess.

Or they can seek an order that he not discuss anything pertaining to his contract with panthers.

You see my panther friends, the wt fans demand blood. The wt board has to deliver this unkindness for them or find themselves on the outer.

Gus has cornered them and forced them to unleash the hell to save their jobs etc.

It’s going to be very very nasty.

Unforeseen consequences.....
Lol...unforeseen consequences. Ok...:grinning:

Black Magik

Juniors

He shouldn't because he has a job to do for us right now. If he's negotiating with other clubs behind that period it shows he isn't fully committed to the cause.

If he has agreed to coach Penrith in 2021, why would he do his best to strengthen the Tigers in the meantime. Why would he want to improve a team that will be his competition in 2 years time?
He wouldn’t, the WT football department would.

You see he would still have kpi’s. You don’t think the WT will be harder on him now hoping he doesn’t hit them so they can terminate the contract unbounded?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I would very surprised if the wt ic contract left out clauses that did not command ic to conduct himself in a manner consistent with the wt clubs interests.

All the tigers need to do is allege that he hasnt and, bring their action and start issuing subpoenas left, right and centre to get to the bottom of it.

This would include getting ic to court where he cant hide or shut up.

Gus and the agent should be called too.

Just because they say he’s not going to go doesn’t mean they can’t sue him for damages they allege he had caused them although they have to quantify that I guess.

Or they can seek an order that he not discuss anything pertaining to his contract with panthers.

You see my panther friends, the wt fans demand blood. The wt board has to deliver this unkindness for them or find themselves on the outer.

Gus has cornered them and forced them to unleash the hell to save their jobs etc.

It’s going to be very very nasty.

Unforeseen consequences.....

Aren't W/T negotiating with Bennett and Madge ? Some interesting thoughts there.

Das Hassler

Bench
Aren't W/T negotiating with Bennett and Madge ? Some interesting thoughts there.

You're in wonderland all right....Madge is NRL unemployed and Bennett's ( and Ivan's) management offered him to the Tigers...Bennett being on the outer with his club....but of course you know that which makes it a doubly lame attempt at victim blaming....what else ya got?
Oh....just to add....all against the backdrop of Ivan having told Pascoe he wants out and being refused.. .no i wasnt there but the walls do talk

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Also, Donkeys want Bennett gone and are probably happy for it to be in 2019 if they can line up someone else. The Tigers didn't want IC to leave, they were totally blindsided by his and Jabba's manipulation.

macnaz

Staff member
Cmon mate, the prepared statement was a farce. ‘I intend to see out my contract.’ Really?!

When you marry someone are your vow’s ‘I intend to take you to be my...’

No, because it would be a laughing stock. Just as his little note was.
I can tell you his address to the team was far less convincing.. including wording along the lines " that i am unsure if i will be here next year and including apologies "

The players were very convinced it was the end and were shocked to hear only days later he was staying. Pretty sad way to treat people really.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I can tell you his address to the team was far less convincing.. including wording along the lines " that i am unsure if i will be here next year and including apologies "

The players were very convinced it was the end and were shocked to hear only days later he was staying. Pretty sad way to treat people really.

Was that to do with Pascoe and Go huffing and puffing with a legal letter about seeing out his contract ?

Hence the statement being read, (not taking questions etc). Wouldn't shock me to know that Ivan threw that letter across a lawyers desk to make sure it showed as being above board. (in a legal sense)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I honestly don't think Pascoe and Go thought through all aspects with the legal letter. Having a coach for 2 years that doesn't want to be there, sounds like duress to me.

macnaz

Staff member
Was that to do with Pascoe and Go huffing and puffing with a legal letter about seeing out his contract ?

Hence the statement being read, (not taking questions etc). Wouldn't shock me to know that Ivan threw that letter across a lawyers desk to make sure it showed as being above board. (in a legal sense)
NO!!!! His player address was from HIS WORDS alone .. an honest chat to the team on how and where he may be in 2019.
IF HE HAD NO INTENTION ON LEAVING HE WOULD NOT HAVE SPOKEN TO THEM AND TOLD THEM HE MAY NOT BE HERE IN 2019..

Pilot house

Juniors
It’s not duress to ask a party to honour a contract they voluntarily signed up to.

That’s more like “compliance”

Maybe Ivan is ringing Bennett- offering some extra for him ( third party payment) to encourage him to coach at wt to release ivan from his current and future misery.

The perception amongst the entire league public, rightly or wrongly, is that Ivan is a rat.

And once you get labelled as a rat, you can’t go anywhere without suspecting people are whispering unkindly things about you.

He won’t be able tell who is real with him or not.

He’s simply not part of the club anymore.

He will need a lot of on going counselling and stuff to get through it.

He will know underneath that a lot of wt folk, deep deep down, expressed or not, they hold him in utter contempt.

And he will be swallowing this every day for 2 years.

It will be a kind of mental gaol.