What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

shiznit

Coach
Alex Volkanovski is a BAAAAD motherf**ker!

I’m just loving the Aussie/Kiwi fighters coming through at the moment...

And it’s great to see Alex come over to train his stand up at City Kickboxing in Auckland. He’s always been a wrecking ball of a wrestler but Eugene Berman has brought on his stand up in huge leaps.

I heard an interview he did prefight and he had been saying he had made huge leaps as he’s been in the gym sparring with Izzy Adesanya and Dan Hooker... And you can see the leap he made... Elkins is game as all hell... gangster as f**k... and Alex just lit him up.

Didn’t finish him... but Elkins is a motherf**king Zombie... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
Connor wanted to play in the gangster world. Now accept what's coming
:joy::joy:

There’s nothing gangster aboutwhat Khabib and his team did...

And believe me... you look into Conor’s background... he knows more about real gangsters than anything in dagastan...

Khabib just f**ked himself... he was absolutely AMAZING tonight... he did everything he needed to do and even hurt him on the feet.

I was thinking that this was going to be his crowning moment where he was gonna be the new lineal champ and possibly call out GSP or Woodley...

Now the f**king idiot may get stripped of his belt and may not be allowed to continue fighting in the US.

Sooo dumb... and he’s just turned Conor into the victim... so even Conor won’t lose much from this.

The worst part of it all is he may end up having to sit and watch Conor and Tony fight for the belt he won fair and square in the octagon.

So f**king stupid...

shiznit

Coach
I agree. Did he think these Russian dudes would just laugh off his attack at the bus?
Swings and roundabouts.
I definitely don’t agree with the coward punches in the ring, but Conor played with fire and these merkins don’t play around
Utter horseshit... Khabib is a devout Muslim from Dagastan... that’s about as gangster as Mormon from Salt Lake City...

Well a mother f**king bad ass Mormon brought up in wrestling bears... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
Conor McGregor...over-rated Irish twat, tbh.
How is he overrated?? Because he lost to a beast like Khabib??

He took the toughest fight possible after a 2 year layoff...

He could have pulled a GSP and waited for a tailor made return fight like Bisping... but the dude went fir the toughest fight in any division apart from maybe Jon Jones...

Haters gonna hate I guess... :joy::joy:

no name

Coach
Utter horseshit... Khabib is a devout Muslim from Dagastan... that’s about as gangster as Mormon from Salt Lake City...

Well a mother f**king bad ass Mormon brought up in wrestling bears... :joy::joy:
I never said he was gangster.
He quite obviously doesn’t take shit though.
Conor took it outside of the octagon and it backfired.

shiznit

Coach
I never said he was gangster.
He quite obviously doesn’t take shit though.
Conor took it outside of the octagon and it backfired.
How did it backfire?? He caused Khabib to disgrace himself and may end up getting himself an even more lucrative rematch.

Conor f**ked up because what he did in Brooklyn will cost him tens of millions when all the lawsuits are done.

But what happened tonight after the fight is nothing negative for Conor. He doesn’t lose his purse or any of his sponsors...

If Khabib didn’t act like an idiot... Conor would have had to lick his wounds and probably get back in line for another shot and Khabib would be talking about MASSIVE money fights with GSP & Woodley.

Now he’s kept Conor in the mix and he may f**king end up back with the belt Khabib earned fair and square.

The worst part is it’s actually out of character for Khabib.

Liddell

Juniors

There’s nothing gangster aboutwhat Khabib and his team did...

And believe me... you look into Conor’s background... he knows more about real gangsters than anything in dagastan...

Khabib just f**ked himself... he was absolutely AMAZING tonight... he did everything he needed to do and even hurt him on the feet.

I was thinking that this was going to be his crowning moment where he was gonna be the new lineal champ and possibly call out GSP or Woodley...

Now the f**king idiot may get stripped of his belt and may not be allowed to continue fighting in the US.

Sooo dumb... and he’s just turned Conor into the victim... so even Conor won’t lose much from this.

The worst part of it all is he may end up having to sit and watch Conor and Tony fight for the belt he won fair and square in the octagon.

So f**king stupid...

Stripped of his title??? You can’t actually believe that for a second.

Uncle Dana let his boy get away with throwing a trolley at a bus full of his other contracted fighters, then not only didn’t punish him but used it for the promos. And encouraged him to pose with his “belts” after the first presser.

But you think Khabib gets stripped for fly kicking one of his corner men?

So f**king stupid alright.

no name

Coach
How did it backfire?? He caused Khabib to disgrace himself and may end up getting himself an even more lucrative rematch.

Conor f**ked up because what he did in Brooklyn will cost him tens of millions when all the lawsuits are done.

But what happened tonight after the fight is nothing negative for Conor. He doesn’t lose his purse or any of his sponsors...

If Khabib didn’t act like an idiot... Conor would have had to lick his wounds and probably get back in line for another shot and Khabib would be talking about MASSIVE money fights with GSP & Woodley.

Now he’s kept Conor in the mix and he may f**king end up back with the belt Khabib earned fair and square.

The worst part is it’s actually out of character for Khabib.
A rematch with Conor will pay more than any other fight.
Him lashing out makes it even more of a payday if it happens.

no name

Coach

Uncle Dana let his boy get away with throwing a trolley at a bus full of his other contracted fighters, then not only didn’t punish him but used it for the promos. And encouraged him to pose with his “belts” after the first presser.

Yeah, Khabib ain’t getting stripped.

Eelementary

Post Whore
How is he overrated?? Because he lost to a beast like Khabib??

He took the toughest fight possible after a 2 year layoff...

He could have pulled a GSP and waited for a tailor made return fight like Bisping... but the dude went fir the toughest fight in any division apart from maybe Jon Jones...

Haters gonna hate I guess... :joy::joy:

Yeah, I don't like him. Good fighter, no doubt - but his persona just grates me.

He's good, but he carries on like he's Lidell, GSP, Penn, and Couture, rolled into one.

Nurmagedinov is an absolute animal, and I thought he was going to win the fight as soon as it was announced.

McGregor attacking the bus, and with his constant mind games...if being happy to see him get his just desserts makes me a hater, then a hater be I.

No doubt that McGregor will bounce back - hopefully, he can introduce some humility and respect.

Trash-talking is fine, but I'd hate to see him become the next Frank Mir...

shiznit

Coach

You seriously don’t know how this works do you...

This has nothing to do with the dolly issue in Brooklyn... Conor got stripped of his belt after that incident anyway...

But what Khabib did has far more serious implications for his title than Conor’s bus attack...

Conor was already being stripped that weekend... and all his problems were criminal charges.

What Khabib did was part of the event... overseen by the Nevada Athletic Commision. The biggest assholes commision wise in the world.

These assholes banned Nick Diaz for 5 years failing a marijuana test.

If Khabib gets a 12 month ban or longer... the UFC will have to strip him of the title because they won’t want to keep the belt on hold for another 12 months after Conor held it for so long.

Unfortunately Khabib isn’t Conor... he doesn’t have the sway with the UFC that Conor does.

I’m 100% dead serious that Khabib could be stripped... his did this in the wrong f**king state.

If they try and make an example out of him... which they have in the past to certain people.. other commissions nearly all uphold Nevada suspensions.

Having said that... if Khabib gets stripped... Personally I’ll still consider him the champ...

Just as I considered Conor the champ coming into this fight as he was the lineal champ.

Khabib won this fight fair and square... Lineage is what’s most important to me.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah, I don't like him. Good fighter, no doubt - but his persona just grates me.

He's good, but he carries on like he's Lidell, GSP, Penn, and Couture, rolled into one.

Nurmagedinov is an absolute animal, and I thought he was going to win the fight as soon as it was announced.

McGregor attacking the bus, and with his constant mind games...if being happy to see him get his just desserts makes me a hater, then a hater be I.

No doubt that McGregor will bounce back - hopefully, he can introduce some humility and respect.

You DO realise that he’s trying to get that reaction out of you.

I actually think he’s what BJ Penn should have been.

He doesn’t mind fighting tough fights going up in weight to make the big fights.

Then you look at his record... wins against Max Holloway, Chad Mendes, Dustin Porier, Jose Aldo, Nate Diaz & Eddie Alvarez.

You’d find it pretty hard to find anyone with a better resume than that.

He actually is humble in defeat... has always been.

saint.nick

Coach

He's definitely lost some of his aura as a fighter after this. When he lost to Diaz he could excuse it as him just being complacent and not ready for Diaz given the short notice of it, but Khabib destroyed him today.

If he carries on with the same persona before his next fight, is he even going to be taken seriously anymore? There's no point talking like you're invincible if you don't back it up in the ring. He used to do that, but his last four UFC fights have been: humbled by Diaz, a close shave against Diaz, a demolition of Alvarez, and a big whipping by Khabib. Considering that he's meant to be at his peak, he doesn't seem invincible at all. The flip side is that if he begins to introduce more humility and etc, then his audiences are sure to drop, because his showmanship is half of his appeal. Without that he's just another UFC fighter.

BranVan3000

Coach
I think Conor didn’t look the same. 100 million in the bank and nothing to achieve. It didn’t seem the same hungry fighter to me, just not quite as fluid.

Probably would have done better retiring and leaving an air of mystery. Or even coming back on an easier fight and blowing out the cobwebs before going for a title again

Conor did okay in his ground defence but ultimately Khabib did the same to him that he does to everyone

If he takes a rematch much respect to him cause I can’t see how that outcome changes. Nobody has figured out how to overcome Khabib

Latest posts