What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Super Show

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I don't understand these days is you have a guy as good as Daniel Bryan who puts bums on seats in a 3 minute squash match why not do this on a Smackdown if it's for story line progression. People pay to see good matches at "special events" (like this was a promotion more than a ppv so why not give him 20min and entertain the crowd it's what I don't understand. There are 3-4 matches on every ppv like this. There are better matches on RAW/Smackdown these days.

The Undertaker match may not have been the best but at there age it's still pretty good Americans were expecting a match from 10 years ago rather than the attraction for Aussies to see two icons having one last match.

I don't really care about results when I watch wrestling I just want to be entertained and the last 3 years it's died down despite the wrestlers being good. Even roman Reigns I don't mind him and don't care if he is champion or not just want entertainment.

Roman Reigns is a good wrestler, tbh.

Cops a lot of shit because of his mic work, and the fact Vince pushes him to the moon and back - but the guy is a damn good worker.

___

Juniors
Results:

The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) defeated Cesaro and Sheamus

Solid way to start a PPV but nothing amazing happened

Charlotte Flair defeated Becky Lynch by disqualification

The crowd were actually liking Becky even though she's a heel. Sucks that it ended in DQ. Rematch on Tuesday's Smackdown. FMD Charlotte is freaking gorgeous these days.

Bobby Lashley and John Cena defeated Elias and Kevin Owens

This match was good for a tag team event. Elias paying out the Melbourne crowd was GOLD especially when he made reference to Collingwood choking in the GF (that would've been brutal to all the Collingwood supporters in the crowd) :p :D.

The IIconics defeated Asuka and Naomi

My girls were always going to win. They were pretty funny as well mocking their opponents entry before the match. It was a pretty good match and no doubt one they were always going to win.

AJ Styles (c) defeated Samoa Joe by submission

I was hoping for a pin-fall victory for AJ. Anyway that signals the end of this rivalry which has been done to the death.

The Bella Twins and Ronda Rousey defeated The Riott Squad

Another match that had a foreseeable outcome.

Buddy Murphy defeated Cedric Alexander

I wasn't sure if Buddy was going to win because I know at these PPV's (which are practically a glorified house show) that titles rarely change hands. It ended up being an epic match and Buddy will never forget winning his first title in front of his home crowd. It was fantastic and non-stop.

The Shield defeated Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre

There was a time when it appeared like Dean Ambrose was going to turn on his brothers. Roman's spear on Braun was epic. Great match and hopefully that ends this boring fued on who is Raw's top stable.

Daniel Bryan defeated The Miz

It was a lot shorter than what I was expecting. AJ vs DB should be good in Saudi Arabia.

Triple H (with Shawn Michaels) defeated The Undertaker (with Kane)

All 4 wrestlers looks completely gassed - especially Shawn Michaels. Hopefully we won't see this again... they are done.

Not bad for our second ever PPV - 6/10.