What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Swarzey

Bench
As disappointing as it is, we can't be surprised. Both players, for a long, long time, have said they want to remain in Brisbane and have knocked back discussions and offers from us and other clubs.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Lodge is a AAA grade tosser. No way a low life like that should wear the red and blue. Not worthy. Maybe after a decade of community work and working with traumatized kids I'd think about it.

Disappointed about TPJ though.

slotmachine

First Grade
So we're down to Vave as the best middle off contract now.

I'm mentally preparing myself for an XL serving of Josh King in 2019.

Yosh

Coach
Shut up and just take our money already!!! Hahaha..
Let's get Vave, Napa and TPJ. Just do it.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I feel sorry for Pearce.
He could’ve stayed at the Roosters and won a premiership coming off the bench.
Instead he we went from the best defensive side in the comp to the worst.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
While I believe he’s genuinely remorseful I’m really glad we didn’t get Lodge. People have gone to jail for much less than what he did and I really would feel sick in the stomach watching him run around in the red and blue.

Haffa

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...k-away-after-pathetic-contract-offer/?cs=7597

NRL | Winger Ken Sio's manager slams the Knights following their "pathetic, shitty" new contract offer for next season

Newcastle winger Ken Sio could be on his way back to the English Super League next season with his manager Sam Ayoub slamming the Knights over their “pathetic, shitty” offer to keep him at the club for another season.

And it appears young centre Cory Denniss is also on the outer with the Knights.

The club made him an offer a few months ago but it was rejected by his management and it has since been taken off the table.

Ayoub confirmed he has two English clubs “hot to trot” for Sio and admitted he had run out of patience with the Knights after meeting with the club a fortnight ago.

“To be honest, it has got to the stage where I’ve got interest elsewhere and I’m just going to move on that because this keeps getting dragged out,” he said.

“I haven’t heard back from them and we need to make a decision so I will just get it done elsewhere.”

Sio, who was the club’s leading try scorer and points scorer last season, has made no secret of his desire to remain at the Knights.

He told the Newcastle Herald earlier this year that even if he couldn’t come to terms beyond this year and was forced to continue his career elsewhere, he would eventually like to settle his family in Newcastle.

But Ayoub didn’t mince words when asked about the Knights’ offer of a new contract.

“It was pathetic,” he said.

“We had a offer from them about two months ago and I’m telling you that it was pathetic.

“They basically offered him half of what he was on last season.

“When I met with them again a few weeks ago, I said to them all they needed to do was find an extra $20,000 to $30,000 and we could get it over the line because Kenny is keen to stay.

“But I’ve heard nothing. No-one can make a decision up there.”

Ayoub admitted he has interest from two English clubs and said there is a chance Sio could return to the Super League.

He had two seasons with Hull Kingston Rovers before joining the Knights, scoring 30 tries in 48 matches and is still highly thought of in the Super League.

“It is a possibility yeah. I’ve got two clubs hot to trot on him over there,”Ayoub said.

“If he can get a good three year deal, he will go back. He is not going to stay for a one year shitty deal that the Knights have offered him.”

Ayoub said Sio still has plenty to offer.

“They are not going to replace him with anyone better for the money they could get him for so I’m struggling to understand what is going on up there.” he said.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Not too impressed with that treatment of Sio. He won’t be in our top 17 next year but (depending on what he was offered) he is a solid replacement for any injuries we inevitably get.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yeah he had his bad moments, but treat the bloke with some respect definitely not the worst of our players going around.

Give him the money and get it done, he is keen to stay and is a good back up.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah he had his bad moments, but treat the bloke with some respect definitely not the worst of our players going around.

Give him the money and get it done, he is keen to stay and is a good back up.
Why should the club bend over to player managers? May as well get Hagan back running the show if we're going to start doing that again.

Let's be realistic here people. If injuries were kind to us this year, Sio wouldn't have played first grade. Same goes for next year. The club wants to pay reserve grade money for a reserve grade player. No other NRL club would jump at the chance to sign Sio - Ayoub says as much in the article when he says there's two Super League clubs after him - so if Sio wants to stay in Australia and is fair dinkum about staying in Newcastle, he should realise that he'll be a depth player at best and will be paid as such

Spot On

Coach
Hmm, there's always 2 sides to the story and I despise player managers deeply but 5 minutes after Mooney walks out and Pezet and Canavan are hired this story appears.

Hope its just Ayoub using this transition time to get what he wants???

Anyone know Sio's contract size when he signed on here?? Can't really comment much unless we know that.

Bartwah

Juniors
You want to keep players that actually want to stay here. The article says that it only would’ve taken 20-30k to get it over the line. With the amount of cap room we have, just give it to him, he’s been a handy player this year and would be a great depth player for next. F$&:ng player managers do my head in. Always worried about their pockets first

Latest posts