What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

T-Boon

Coach
Aaron Judge is out 3 weeks with a broken wrist when hit by a pitch joining Sanchez on the side lines. Time for Stanton to step up big time.
It has been an ordinary month for the Yankees falling off the brutal pace the Red Sox are setting.
The pitching inconsistency continues. Even Severino is getting hit. On the plus side Sonny Gray has looked okay his last few starts and Tanaka pitched a shut out the other day.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees lost a 4 game series in Boston a few weeks ago and today lost to the hopeless mets. Severino is in a slump. Still second best team behind a historically good Red Sox.

Jimbo

Immortal
Yanks out of the playoffs 3-1 to the Red Sox after a lot of wasted opportunities and an unexpected belting yesterday

Lots of long balls, but not enough runners...

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees season opener tomorrow morning 4am on ESPN.
Tanaka starting pitcher.
No big time signings in the off season for the Yankees.

T-Boon

Coach
Slow start by Red Sox worst record in their history over first 10 games.
Judge homered twice today. Yankees now 4-4.
Looks like Tampa Bay is the hot ticket in the American League East.

T-Boon

Coach
There is a MLB player setting an unwanted record over there at the moment.
Chris Davis is 0-49 at the plate (he has not reached base off a hit in his last 49 at bats). Getting a lot of media over there and seems like someone you could have a bit of sympathy for. Then you go look at his contract...
$141million American over I don't know how many years....so get a problem.

T-Boon

Coach
Davis got 3 hits against the Red Sox, I think his run got to 0-54.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Now Judge is out injured, the Yankees have about $150 mill worth of talent on the injured list. Judge, Stanton, Andujar, Gregorious, Sanchez, Severino, Ellsbury etc.

T-Boon

Coach
I was just reading that the Yankees are still paying Alex Rodrigues $5mill a season even though he has been retired for what 4 years.
There is something wrong with a system where A-Rod is getting $5mill for nothing, while Aaron Judge is getting paid $600k and he should be getting $30mill.

T-Boon

Coach
Sanchez put 2 into the stands today. Voit got on base for 40th games in a row.
Yankees got the win.
Get Andujah and LeMehieu back tomorrow and maybe Stanton and Gregorious shortly.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees depth chart at short stop is interesting:
Gleyber Torres is going to be great, and this youngster Thairo Estrada looks like he has that sort of potential, with the established/reliable Didi Gregorious coming back from injury.
Who do you trade and for what?

Snoochies

First Grade
Totally forgot about this thread lol.

Interesting when Tuwoliski (spelling) geta back. He's done IMO, Gleyber keeps SS til Didi gets back.

T-Boon

Coach
Totally forgot about this thread lol.

Interesting when Tuwoliski (spelling) geta back. He's done IMO, Gleyber keeps SS til Didi gets back.

I agree Tulowiski is not needed at all now with Torres, Didi and this young pup Thai Estrada who has made an excellent start to his career at 23 (small sample size though).

I am loving the yankees this year, with the over achievers in Voit and this Gio Urshella nobody had ever heard of averaging .350 plus great 3B - who won the game this morning with a walk off homer in the ninth.

With Judge, Stanton, Hicks, Gregorious, Severino coming back it looks good.

T-Boon

Coach
Gleyber Torres put 3 out of the park in a double header against the Orieles. 2 in game 1 and 1 in game 2.
Starting pitcher Domingo German was the star of the second game.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees down 3-1 bottom of the 9th against number 1 Tampa Bay, drive in 3 runs for the win. Urshela with a walk off single RBI.
And with that I think they probably take the lead in the division by half a game. Red Sox lost to Astros to make it a great day.

T-Boon

Coach
Yankees down 1-6 come back and win 10-7 against Orieles.
Gleyber Torres 2 home runs. Sanches with a 3 run homer.
Happ pitched badly and should get demoted.

T-Boon

Coach
It seems Gleyber Torres only plays against the Orieles. He is hitting home runs at will 2 days ago and has 12 homers against them and hardly any against anyone else. Against Kansas City he is like 0-9 at the plate. Starting to piss me off.

Latest posts