What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh. He probably feels he owes the club (which he does)

If he is fit he will be cheap. He will be good competition for Tim Grant re: a bench spot
Where is Merrin information coming from? I’ve heard nothing in the media.

Talk of McKendry being selfish is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard.
He owes the club for the amount of time he spent on the side lines. He didn't, in my opinion, earn his pay.

franklin2323

Immortal
the masked panther was talking about it, and i think panther_daz was too.

Western Weekender said it a few times... Before his 1 hit up effort v Sharks. Problem is which such things is finding a new club. Knights missing out on TPJ and Lodge may help

Where is Merrin information coming from? I’ve heard nothing in the media.

Talk of McKendry being selfish is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard.
He's letting his teammates down, yes thats harsh but its a fact. The player v club side I don't give a f**k about because clubs f**k over players everyday

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He's letting his teammates down, yes thats harsh but its a fact. The player v club side I don't give a f**k about because clubs f**k over players everyday

Fact? What a load of crap.

You have some strange ideas and this is one of the strangest. I’ve never seen Sam give anything short of 100%, he was playing great prior to his injury and I’ve no doubt he will be the same when he returns.

By your reckoning, Wal let his team mates down, I’d like you to find 1 team mate that would agree either man let anyone down.

You have some strange ideas and this is one of the strangest. I’ve never seen Sam give anything short of 100%, he was playing great prior to his injury and I’ve no doubt he will be the same when he returns.

By your reckoning, Wal let his team mates down, I’d like you to find 1 team mate that would agree either man let anyone down.
Sam is broken and not fixable. Can't ever hate on his heart but he's done

soc123_au

Staff member

Wal pulled the pin when he knew he couldnt play to the standard required. I have never heard anyone suggest Wal was selfish. He is the poster boy for team first. In hindsight even busted it would have been handy if he played on for the year.

No one doubts Sam's heart, but doing the knee in less that 80 minutes on the park after the previous 2 knee recos? The chances of him coming good are very slim. Pretty sure he is still on serious coin too. Certainly wouldnt be minimum. He was one of our highest paid players, when he extended I believe the deal was for less per year, but no way he goes backwards on the previous total or even throws in 2 years for free. Cant hold it against the guy, but it has a very good chance of being detrimental to the team. I'll be stoked to be proven wrong though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Wal pulled the pin when he knew he couldnt play to the standard required. I have never heard anyone suggest Wal was selfish. He is the poster boy for team first. In hindsight even busted it would have been handy if he played on for the year.

No one doubts Sam's heart, but doing the knee in less that 80 minutes on the park after the previous 2 knee recos? The chances of him coming good are very slim. Pretty sure he is still on serious coin too. Certainly wouldnt be minimum. He was one of our highest paid players, when he extended I believe the deal was for less per year, but no way he goes backwards on the previous total or even throws in 2 years for free. Cant hold it against the guy, but it has a very good chance of being detrimental to the team. I'll be stoked to be proven wrong though.

You can’t say his Chances are slim, it doesn’t work that way. The only way to tell is to have the op, do the recovery and test the joint. If the medical staff deem it unstable/not up to NRL, he’ll retire, he won’t want to risk another reconstruction.

If the surgeon does a good job, he puts in the hard yards, there is absolutely no reason he won’t make a full recovery and rip in next year.

soc123_au

Staff member
You can’t say his Chances are slim, it doesn’t work that way. The only way to tell is to have the op, do the recovery and test the joint. If the medical staff deem it unstable/not up to NRL, he’ll retire, he won’t want to risk another reconstruction.

If the surgeon does a good job, he puts in the hard yards, there is absolutely no reason he won’t make a full recovery and rip in next year.

Like the two previous recos? Third time lucky? I guess the surgeon has had a bit more practice now, lets cling to that.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The biggest risk factor for a knee injury? The presence of a previous knee injury. How about 3? It’s time for both sides to cut their losses.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
Pretty selfish of him at this point but he's within his rights to keep trying
How is it selfish? He was injured in the course of his employment and has every right to enforce his contract. He has a family to think of and I support any player getting what their contract entitles them to. It's a short career in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts