What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Pakistan v Australia at Dubai October 7-11 2018

TIGER14

Bench
Hopefully that's the last we see of the unco bros. I get the importance Nova Employment plays in society, but choosing people from there to wear the Baggy Green is a bit much.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Australia's no.4 in this Test has an average of 27. Let that sink in.

Mitch Marsh is the Mohammad Ashraful of Australian cricket.

He'll live off of those b2b tons under zero pressure on roads vs a tragic England team for at least half a decade.

69-05-41

Juniors
Congratulations Shitchell Marsh on the fourth worst batting average of any batsman to have played a minimum 20 tests over the last decade. Australia is fortunate to have such a talented number 4.

The most overrated player to keep getting picked for Australia, Mitch followed closely by brother Shaun or is it the other way round.

Glenn Maxwell, you sir are lucky not to be involved in this team they call the Australian XI.

And to think there's a guy who is good enough to captain his state team and should always be selected before Mitch Marsh can't be nominated as a vice captain in front of Marsh, why? Surely the thinking isn't that Mitch Marsh will hold his spot before Khawaja. They can't be serious.

I might add, why is it that Shaun Marsh gets moved from opener to 3 to 5 to 6 to keep his spot whilst someone like Khawaja hasn't had that same favorable treatment in the past?

What a joke, and yet, there's no problem with Australian cricket. No problem whilst they push 20/20 and 50/50 cricket for the dollars and forget shield cricket.

JJ

Immortal
I don't really see why anyone would think Khawaja is better than S Marsh - often seems whoever opens for Australia in these sorts of conditions does ok, and the middle order folds - if S Marsh was opening, he'd probably score runs - he does have horrific starts of course - but Khawaja isn't better than him, although younger so worth persevering with I guess

M Marsh, well, he will have his days, but at best he should be at 6 or 7 and required to bowl a lot - but the reality is neither his batting nor bowling is test standard - he very much resembles the sort of players that frequent the 6-8 spots in NZ batting line ups

_snafu_

Immortal
Hopefully that's the last we see of the unco bros. I get the importance Nova Employment plays in society, but choosing people from there to wear the Baggy Green is a bit much.

I think the prerequisite for selection is that you are from WA.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Any team that has Shaun Marsh batting at 3 and Mitch Marsh batting at 4 is going to have a bad time.
Swampy Pizza’d and French fried at the time when he conceived the both of them.

Good to see Head show some fight and hang around with Oozie.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't really see why anyone would think Khawaja is better than S Marsh - often seems whoever opens for Australia in these sorts of conditions does ok, and the middle order folds - if S Marsh was opening, he'd probably score runs - he does have horrific starts of course - but Khawaja isn't better than him, although younger so worth persevering with I guess

M Marsh, well, he will have his days, but at best he should be at 6 or 7 and required to bowl a lot - but the reality is neither his batting nor bowling is test standard - he very much resembles the sort of players that frequent the 6-8 spots in NZ batting line ups
Mitch Marsh is a poor mans Simon O’Donnell.

Eelectrica

Referee
Big test for Langer, can he drop the teachers pet in Sean Marsh who has undeniably been the worst player in the team this game.
Or better still, can Sean Marsh just retire after this test.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So apparently Oozie cant play spin, or so we keep getting told

This test match would have been over by now without him.