What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Stings in defence unlike the rest of the forward pack.

This is true but he probably pulls off one or two solid hits per game and makes 20-30 running metres and just gets monstered with the ball. I respect Yates because it seems like he works his butt off at training and does the right things off the field but even as back ups go he doesn’t offer much.

Knight Vision

First Grade
not fussed about losing Yates, I'm sure the money could be spent better elsewhere.

It seems we're clearing some deadwood so I'm anticipating a couple of good signings coming up.

Kenny Sio cops a lot of flack but I dont see who we are going to get for the same price as a back up winger that could do the job he does. Sounds like he doesn't want that much.

Yosh

Coach
Kenny Sio cops a lot of flack but I dont see who we are going to get for the same price as a back up winger that could do the job he does. Sounds like he doesn't want that much.

There would be a dozen guys better and younger than Sio we could pick up very cheap. As an outside back, they know we're short and if there is any injury they will get a call up.

Think about it like this, if Sio was currently at another club and we were looking at recruiting him, would anyone be excited or give it a second thought? No. He is stock average. I have had enough of the club paying overs for outside backs. Athletic freaks are dime a dozen these days. Sio is easily replaceable.

Knight Vision

First Grade
There would be a dozen guys better and younger than Sio
I bet we picked up Ramien noodle for about the same coin that Sio was on this season. Yes it could be said that we got lucky, but there is young talent out there waiting for a chance.

Old dog

Juniors
You seem to be missing the point of strengthening the squad, 30+, any player you voluntarily get rid of you must replace with a better player or your squad is weakened, replacing with a inexperienced player even with potential does not necessarily work. You bring in some for example U20's but you must still have some with experience who might play reserves mostly but have the ability and experience to step up. 2018 we finished last in reserves because we lacked depth and the new buys, Ramien and Lee should play 1sts with the likes of Sio, Ross and Denniss, if all signed, should strengthen our reserves in the same way that signing two hard nosed middle forwards would put JSaf , Saulo and King in reserves meaning everything covered.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You seem to be missing the point of strengthening the squad, 30+, any player you voluntarily get rid of you must replace with a better player or your squad is weakened, replacing with a inexperienced player even with potential does not necessarily work. You bring in some for example U20's but you must still have some with experience who might play reserves mostly but have the ability and experience to step up. 2018 we finished last in reserves because we lacked depth and the new buys, Ramien and Lee should play 1sts with the likes of Sio, Ross and Denniss, if all signed, should strengthen our reserves in the same way that signing two hard nosed middle forwards would put JSaf , Saulo and King in reserves meaning everything covered.

oh I get the point but we cant be paying those reserve grade players overs or we miss out on players that may just win us a premiership or have the tomorrows to maybe help us along the way..

Sio is worth what he's worth .Both Sio and Ross are not the prototype modern day winger. If we are under paying Sio I'm sure there must be half the NRL knocking on his door right about now. I dont blame his agent for trying to get him more money but the days of the Knights being a soft touch and paying overs for average players are over. 20 grand may not seem much but start paying slightly overs for a few players and all of a sudden we cant afford a player of immense potential and stay mired in the shit of the past years.

Frederick

Staff member
So according to Toohey, we still have 2.2 million to spend on the 6 players to fill the 30 man squad. Reckons Parra has put just about everyone up for sale and there's definitely one other club who has to move players on to be cap compliant.

Also Levi has been linked to the eels and penrith

My point is based on Sio staying for $150k to $180k which sounds like about all he wants. This is around half the average wage for a guy who whilst is never going to dominate has still proved he is a capable first grader.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So according to Toohey, we still have 2.2 million to spend on the 6 players to fill the 30 man squad. Reckons Parra has put just about everyone up for sale and there's definitely one other club who has to move players on to be cap compliant.

Bloody well use it then

Frederick

Staff member
Bloody well use it then
Sure, righto. Let's get this guy in. He'll spend it wisely
Michael-Hagan-6310011.jpg

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not 100% sure but technically he could only be linked to those clubs if he was given permission to look elsewhere ? He's under contract.

Not sure how I feel about Levi, on one hand I think the kid could be anything, has huge potential. On the other he comes across as a narcissistic spoiled little child which creates doubt he has what it takes to fulfill that potential.