What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warne v Waugh

Timbo

Staff member
I have to wonder if Fox Sports are feeing a bit twitchy right now.

Their whole thing during coverage is that it’s about the sports product, not the commentators. Sure they have shows like Matty Johns, but their product has always been about providing the highest-quality match coverage.

The way Warne is already trying to float every grudge and agenda he possibly can on the eve of the season... I really wish the prick had gone to Seven so I wouldn’t have to listen to his bogan bullshit droning all summer.

Timbo

Staff member
If he went to 7 he'd have to put with Fleming reminding him of that dropped catch in 99. :p

Undoubtably plastic fantastic would then silence the Bowlologist with a withering retort about not knowing Chisel’s entire back catalogue and ordering a Diet Coke once like a total wuss. Followed by a poll about whether or not it’s ok for men to drink Diet Coke.

Eelectrica

Referee
Waugh wins this battle without even firing a shot. The more plastic man runs his mouth, the bigger an idiot he looks.
Course it's kinda annoying for those that have to listen to the fool.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The biggest issue I have with Warne is his subjectivity [bias). He praises players who he is mates with and canes cricketers who he doesn’t get along with. His comments are so biased that he should not be a commentator and he definitely should not have been a captain.

He bags out Steve Waugh for being selfish, yet Warne was being incredibly selfish for not wanting to get dropped when we had Macgill in great form whilst Warnie was bowling pies... 19 years on and he’s still holding a grudge..

TheParraboy

Staff member
I do agree that wearing the cap to Wimbledon was taking it a bit too far.

But definitely not worth whinging about it 20 years on.

Has to fill a chapter in his book I guess

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12140848

Shane Warne has so much to be embarrassed about - the list is endless... surprised (well not really) to see this at the top of his list

I have no intention of reading, let alone buying his book. But I wonder if he is gone pencil all the off field shenanigans he got up to?

Wear the baggy green to Wimbledon as tacky as it may be to some or embarrass your wife and kids regularly on a global scale by being a serial cheating Womaniser? But proud to play for Australia lol

simmo1

First Grade
Not sure if this story is getting a run in Sydney, but MMM Adelaide had Warne on the radio this morning, and they asked what his beef was with Steve Waugh. He rambled on about the usual stuff about being selfish etc. He went on to talk about a test where Waugh didn't bowl Warne on the final day so he couldn't get MOTM.

https://www.triplem.com.au/shows/ro...elaide-test?station=adelaide&geoRedirect=true

I had a look at the scorecard, and talk about rewriting history. India were 5/76 coming into day 5 and were knocked over by Fleming/McGrath inside an hour for 110.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...ndia-1st-test-india-tour-of-australia-1999-00

Its nearly as dumb as his sooking about being dropped for getting smacked to all parts in the Windies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not sure if this story is getting a run in Sydney, but MMM Adelaide had Warne on the radio this morning, and they asked what his beef was with Steve Waugh. He rambled on about the usual stuff about being selfish etc. He went on to talk about a test where Waugh didn't bowl Warne on the final day so he couldn't get MOTM.

https://www.triplem.com.au/shows/ro...elaide-test?station=adelaide&geoRedirect=true

I had a look at the scorecard, and talk about rewriting history. India were 5/76 coming into day 5 and were knocked over by Fleming/McGrath inside an hour for 110.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...ndia-1st-test-india-tour-of-australia-1999-00

Its nearly as dumb as his sooking about being dropped for getting smacked to all parts in the Windies.
The more he opens his mouth about Waugh the more stupid he looks(which is almost impossible I know) while Waugh sits back and says nothing and probably has a quiet chuckle to himself.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The more he opens his mouth about Waugh the more stupid he looks(which is almost impossible I know) while Waugh sits back and says nothing and probably has a quiet chuckle to himself.

he really typifies the old adage "better to say nothing and let people think you are unintelligent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"