What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team 2019

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Also reckon Roosters would have wrapped the game up earlier if Momorovski played in the centres.

Well now your thinking straight...lol

But keep Ivan for 2019.......Try to drain 2 players from Penrith or some cash...Then let him go end of 2019
Give some of the cash to Wayney boy.....
Im not a Bennett fan,but he does have an aura about him.

super_coach

First Grade
Well the GF is done and dusted, where is all the signing rumours and gossip??? We normally would have plenty of leaks by now. Getting boring worrying about the Jaw and where he will be coaching. Even confirmation of a few departures would be good

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Well the GF is done and dusted, where is all the signing rumours and gossip??? We normally would have plenty of leaks by now. Getting boring worrying about the Jaw and where he will be coaching. Even confirmation of a few departures would be good

Think all the departures are done Super Coach.
Theres 2 more i'd like see moved on to free up some money to replace them and buy a monster backrower.
McQueen and Rochow.

super_coach

First Grade
Think all the departures are done Super Coach.
Theres 2 more i'd like see moved on to free up some money to replace them and buy a monster backrower.
McQueen and Rochow.

Apparently Kent on NRL 360 said McQueen was moving to greener pastures, but you think we would be long odds to find a home for RR now he has five month recovery from surgery.

I just think we need two more signings in the Matterson class at least if we are going to build on this season. I think the final series highlighted we have a fair distance to travel before we are anywhere near a top four team

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Apparently Kent on NRL 360 said McQueen was moving to greener pastures, but you think we would be long odds to find a home for RR now he has five month recovery from surgery.

I just think we need two more signings in the Matterson class at least if we are going to build on this season. I think the final series highlighted we have a fair distance to travel before we are anywhere near a top four team

I think McQueen still has 2 years to go?He just didnt come up after the neck operation....feel bit sorry for him.
Rochow maybe keep as a backup secondrower for injuries.
I still dont like Eisensloth and Garner there and Taylor has run out of steam too...Other than those mentioned we dont seem to be carrying as much shit for next year.
2 really good roosters experince for 2019...1 a GF winner.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Not a bad 15,but I don’t want Eisensloth anywhere near the 17....Taylor should only be on the bench....so I want to see 2 more quality signings for 2019.

If the coach (whoever fills that role) played Taylor as a traditional lock, I would have no issue but if the dickwit current coaches want to play a lock as a 3rd front rower than I agree Taylor just hasn't got the size to fill that robotic role.

Tiger05

First Grade
If the coach (whoever fills that role) played Taylor as a traditional lock, I would have no issue but if the dickwit current coaches want to play a lock as a 3rd front rower than I agree Taylor just hasn't got the size to fill that robotic role.

Do traditional locks exist ? Locks today tend to be middle forwards and have to get metres. Taylor doesn't.

The problem is that Taylor can be great for the team. It's just that you need the rest of the forwards making good metres and denting the line.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Whilst this is all a pipe dream as the Bennett thing could be shit, but if we get him and then somehow get Oates and TPG (bigger pipe dream) then we should shit the top 4 in

magpie4ever

First Grade
Do traditional locks exist ? Locks today tend to be middle forwards and have to get metres. Taylor doesn't.

The problem is that Taylor can be great for the team. It's just that you need the rest of the forwards making good metres and denting the line.

That is my point. Middle forwards, left backrower alongside a left centre & a right backrower alongside a right centre - and never the twain shall meet.

What ever happened to a game called rugby league.

Middle forwards, makes me want to chunder everytime I hear the f**king term.

And no one should call a dummy half, number 9; a hooker.

The game has gone to shit, full of f**king robots.

Tiger05

First Grade
So when it comes to the team next year where are we going to play Matterson. I think the obvious spot is right edge backrower but could you play him at lock and let him play a skillful role. He can ball play, he has pace and he has some size.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So when it comes to the team next year where are we going to play Matterson. I think the obvious spot is right edge backrower but could you play him at lock and let him play a skillful role. He can ball play, he has pace and he has some size.

He started the year on the right edge for the Roosters and was very good, formed a great combination with Cronk. After his injury came off the bench at lock and played a very different role but was equally effective.

To me the guy is a better version of Curtis Sironen. I think he’ll play right edge for us but with MCK and Garner looking good for us at the back end of the year he could also be a 13, as he’s definitely an upgrade on ET, Aloiai and Eisenhuth.

stryker

First Grade
That is my point. Middle forwards, left backrower alongside a left centre & a right backrower alongside a right centre - and never the twain shall meet.

What ever happened to a game called rugby league.

Middle forwards, makes me want to chunder everytime I hear the f**king term.

And no one should call a dummy half, number 9; a hooker.

The game has gone to shit, full of f**king robots.
I agree totally. I would add this bullshit of left and right halves stinks as well. One organiser and one doer...Cronk and Kearey illustrated this perfectly in the prelim and GF.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Mbye
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Fonua/Momo --> I assume Momo will have to work his way into the team.
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Taylor

14. Twal
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Mikaele/Aloiai

I figure we will get a team like this at some point. Liddle to play 80 minutes is probably unrealistic but I'd like to see it happen. I can only see Benji and Robbie as being back up options at this point.

The front row rotation to be Packer and Mats followed up by Twal and Musgrove. I think Eisenhuth is unlucky to miss out.

We need some impact on the bench so to me Chee-Kam and Mikaele or Aloiai need to get spots in the 17.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
With the coaching uncertainty at Brisbane/Souths along with Sharks, Dragons and Warriors losing their key players, you'd have to think finals footy is there for the taking next season.

Knights will improve and Manly still have a good squad (weren't they meant to offload players?), but can't see any of the other bottom 8 teams threatening.

Tiger Ted

Bench
With the coaching uncertainty at Brisbane/Souths along with Sharks, Dragons and Warriors losing their key players, you'd have to think finals footy is there for the taking next season.

Knights will improve and Manly still have a good squad (weren't they meant to offload players?), but can't see any of the other bottom 8 teams threatening.
Agree but b very surprised if saints release Widdop b4 they find a suitable replacement.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Mbye
2. Nofoaluma
3. Marsters
4. Fonua/Momo --> I assume Momo will have to work his way into the team.
5. Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Packer
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Taylor

14. Twal
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Mikaele/Aloiai

I figure we will get a team like this at some point. Liddle to play 80 minutes is probably unrealistic but I'd like to see it happen. I can only see Benji and Robbie as being back up options at this point.

The front row rotation to be Packer and Mats followed up by Twal and Musgrove. I think Eisenhuth is unlucky to miss out.

We need some impact on the bench so to me Chee-Kam and Mikaele or Aloiai need to get spots in the 17.

I like that however IMO Momirovskis 2 games in first grade last year we’re both better then every one of Fonuas games bar his stormer v the Cowboys

Latest posts