What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
If Sio was half as good as half the forum thinks he is and if our offer was as pathetic as stated surely he'd have no shortage of suitors?
Like people point to his goal kicking, he kicks at like 67% which is probably the worst in the comp amongst established goal kickers so is that really a big plus?
As I said wingers are absolute dime a dozen, before the start of the year how many people rated guys like Jamayne Isaako, Remeis Smith, Phillip Sami, Michael Oldfield, Campbell Graham, Christian Crighton, Malakai Watene Zelesniak, etc? Probably not many yet all showed to be more than capable of first grade

Frederick

Staff member
If Sio was half as good as half the forum thinks he is and if our offer was as pathetic as stated surely he'd have no shortage of suitors?
Like people point to his goal kicking, he kicks at like 67% which is probably the worst in the comp amongst established goal kickers so is that really a big plus?
As I said wingers are absolute dime a dozen, before the start of the year how many people rated guys like Jamayne Isaako, Remeis Smith, Phillip Sami, Michael Oldfield, Campbell Graham, Christian Crighton, Malakai Watene Zelesniak, etc? Probably not many yet all showed to be more than capable of first grade
Exactly. His manager actually said there were 2 SUPER LEAGUE clubs after him. No mention of NRL, just 2 clubs on the other side of the f**king world. Pretty f**king sad if they're his biggest bargaining chips

Zoidberg

First Grade
Sure, righto. Let's get this guy in. He'll spend it wisely
Michael-Hagan-6310011.jpg
Obviously we don’t want that moron back, but there’s also no point in waiting so long all the options left are bottom of the barrel that no one else wants.

Bartwah

Juniors
Wonder if Levi will ask for a release from NZ now that he’s no chance of getting his jumper back from Brandon Smith

TooheysNew

Coach
Obviously we don’t want that moron back, but there’s also no point in waiting so long all the options left are bottom of the barrel that no one else wants.
What would you prefer? Like, explain exactly what your issue is. You aren't making sense.

Swarzey

Bench

But then you still won't be happy because I guaren-f**king-tee you'll complain about that money not being available if a big name who suits our needs pops up out of nowhere.

Zoidberg

First Grade
What would you prefer? Like, explain exactly what your issue is. You aren't making sense.
But then you still won't be happy because I guaren-f**king-tee you'll complain about that money not being available if a big name who suits our needs pops up out of nowhere.
It was just a simple comment wanting us to announce some more signings in the near future. I’m not saying we aren’t in the process of doing things, just all we are hearing is about people not being re-signed, I’m just a bit impatient and would like some good news about a new recruit or two.

Frederick

Staff member
You mean like last year when we waited so long only to have one one the top halfbacks fall into our laps?

Yeah, that was a disaster

Swarzey

Bench
It was just a simple comment wanting us to announce some more signings in the near future. I’m not saying we aren’t in the process of doing things, just all we are hearing is about people not being re-signed, I’m just a bit impatient and would like some good news about a new recruit or two.

But what are you expecting? The market is dry, we fought hard for the two players who were/are on the market that fit our needs but didn't land them. Would signing Jennings or Mann be satisfactory despite probably not being worth the money or even needed in their positions?

Highly suggest that you realise the state of the market and accept it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
But what are you expecting? The market is dry, we fought hard for the two players who were/are on the market that fit our needs but didn't land them. Would signing Jennings or Mann be satisfactory despite probably not being worth the money or even needed in their positions?

Highly suggest that you realise the state of the market and accept it.
Not expecting anything.
I understand the market.
We will make some signings in the next few months.
Simple comment getting blown out of proportion :thumbsup:

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
George and Robert Jennings, Brian Kelly, Tyrone Phillips and Hymel Hunt are all off contract. I would rather any of them then Sio. Wingers are the easiest position to fill depth wise

Old dog

Juniors
Remember reading somewhere that Michael Jennings had a desire to play with his two brothers. Could that be a possibility with us, know Michael is past best but still pretty good and his two brothers go ok.

Yosh

Coach
Remember reading somewhere that Michael Jennings had a desire to play with his two brothers. Could that be a possibility with us, know Michael is past best but still pretty good and his two brothers go ok.

This is much better than topping up Sio. If we can get good priced deals for the brothers, that'll be fantastic. Have a mix of them in firsts and reserves. The club looks like it's driving hard for good deals so if we do sign the brothers I'm confident it'll be a deal that's more beneficial for us than the brothers.

The more I think about it, the more I like about it. Fixes the problem of depth and they are easily first grade quality players.