What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edwards or DWZ for fullback next year

Dwz or Edwards for full back

• DWZ

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Edwards

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

murraymob

Coach
4 weeks out from the semi finals I would have had Edwards as the no 1 .But DWZ has over the 4 weeks and semi final time shown he is a greater ability to break tackles and his positioning in defence has improved out of sight
For mine its DWZ to start the year in the no1

4 weeks out from the semi finals I would have had Edwards as the no 1 .But DWZ has over the 4 weeks and semi final time shown he is a greater ability to break tackles and his positioning in defence has improved out of sight
For mine its DWZ to start the year in the no1
I agree. Move Dylan to centre, Dean to wing, or reserve grade, and Dallin into the fullback role.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Dylan must stay at fullback and DWZ on the wing.

Edwards is our best fullback, I’m happy for him to swap around a bit during a game, but he has elements to his game that DWZ doesn’t. He’s a much better defender and reads the play better in attack.

mxlegend99

Referee
DWZ is now playing at a higher level than Edwards ever has. A season or 2 on the wing won't hurt Dylan at all. The pair can also interchange during the game
He's a beast at fullback. The longer he playsthere the better he gets.

He was the Kiwis best in the mid-season test. And he was among their best last night. At an international level he's not just holding his own. He is looking fantastic.

Edwards is a very good fullback too. But DWZ has hit a new level at fullback.

Personally I still think Edwards but he also hasn't developed a great passing game yet. I just think it's the best option for the team at the moment and we can still utilise DWZ's power from kick returns.

tripster

Juniors
It is a tough one, but it is hard to say that DWZ has not earned the right to stay at FB for a while and see how things go.

Dylan might be turn out to be pretty good on the wing. He can still get involved back in field supporting the ball carrier etc.

No harm in experimenting with it.

Copperhead

Juniors
Edwards, because you have to look at both wing and fullback. Edwards at fullback and DWZ wing is stronger than the reverse. A lot of people seem to have forgotten how good Edwards is, and I'd wager there's more improvement left in his game than Dallin's.

murraymob

Coach
I for one am hoping now Griffen is gone our attack may have a bit more in it to suit Edwards. Melbourne used the inside runner with Slater to great effect .Edwards has great speed of a standing start .Under our current structure DWZ is better suited as we just bash and barge bigger body more meters

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Edwards. Better support player and playmaker (though he's not exactly top shelf in that regard). DWZs hard running can be done from the wing easily enough. To turn Edwards into a winger would be a waste of time - we might as well let him leave.

This

Abacus

Juniors
I don't think DWZ offers enough in attack other than kick returns. Defensively, its 50-50 between the 2. So Edwards at FB for me.

Too late to add a poll for this thread?