What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 Kiwis Win over Aussies

Big Marn

Juniors
3- DWZ thought he was immense.
2- Manu what a battle he had with Mitchell. Could be seeing this for several more years
1 - JWH i will be the first to put up my hand and say hes been a huge letdown in test matches over the years but i think he may have matured into a topline test player. Really put in the yards and was hurting people in tackles. You cant ask for much more from your Prop.

HHM - Brandon Smith. Was fantastic to see the emotion from him and Manu during the anthem.
HHM - Bromwich - showed what we had been missing due to his foolhardiness.

HM - everyone else in team.

As for SJ, i know he got man of the match (probably for the 2 sideline conversions that were the diffference) but i thought he played well, not amazing. A lot of his kicks in the second half were not on point, but he did show danger with the ball which helped the rest of team with their opportunities.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
3 - JWH
2- Manu
1- Smith

Wasn't a poor player in our side, wasn't a fan at all of Kenny at 9 but we managed to hold firm in that time

Manu v Mitchell was an outstanding matchup, don't understand why the Aussies stopped going there because they were carving us up early there

Shaun, good game, showed again what we already knew, ad lib game was dangerous but kicking game and option taking at times were poor, in the opening half when we were camped on their line our halves weren't throwing anything at them which I thought would hurt us later on

Have seen a lot of blow ups about our 2 disallowed tries, don't really understand why because I thought they got both right

1: DWZ
2: JWH
3: Smith

Solid effort all rough was worried about Manu and Rapana defense early on.
Mitchell was having a field day, luckily they made mistakes.

Good to see Aussie can be beaten without their well drilled SOO spine.

Have seen a lot of blow ups about our 2 disallowed tries, don't really understand why because I thought they got both right

Manu one of those microsecond frame looks that could have gone either way. In real time looked ok.
But DWZ offside by 1m from his kick.

Smith put it on the boot, some, saw a blade of grass touched like in Manu replay.

Smith also potential double movement on his try.

Cold Roses

Juniors
3. JWH
2. Manu
1. DWZ

Been waiting 9 years for Jared to put in a performance like that.

Manu deals with the big moments well. Seizes his opportunities, and did well to not let his head drop after Mitchell found him out early.

Dallin. Ran hard, tackled well, didn't let the occasion get to him. Can't be underestimated how important his hard charges out of our end were to building momentum and maintaining possession.

Matua

Bench
I thought Bromwich's first half when we needed it was better than JWH's but not much between them.
Also, thought Liu was good value in the pack as well. Brandon Smith had a great debut.
I thought Johnson's MOTM was undeserved when named straight after the match, but on the re-watch his short kicking game near the try line helped us get repeat sets. And DWZ was great at the back. Manu would have been a contender but he was caught up in the poor defensive structure that leaked tries.

So for me:
3. Bromwich
2. JWH
1. DWZ

TheFrog

Coach
Dallin. Ran hard, tackled well, didn't let the occasion get to him. Can't be underestimated how important his hard charges out of our end were to building momentum and maintaining possession.
Whoever the Panthers coach is next year now has a dilemma all of a sudden. Do they keep DWZ at fullback with Edwards returning, and do they consider him as captain. You wouldn't have a the captain playing wing, although I'm sure its been done before.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
From a pommy perspective I’d go with :

1. JWH
2. DWZ
3. Manu

On a side note what happens to DWZ when RTS is available again? For me DWS isn’t as effective or influential on the wing as he is at fullback.

Matua

Bench
From a pommy perspective I’d go with :

1. JWH
2. DWZ
3. Manu

On a side note what happens to DWZ when RTS is available again? For me DWS isn’t as effective or influential on the wing as he is at fullback.
Of course it's RTS at fullback. He's the Dally M winner while DWZ is a fill in full back who turned out awesome. He'll be less influential on the wing but our back 3 will be better as a whole.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Of course it's RTS at fullback. He's the Dally M winner while DWZ is a fill in full back who turned out awesome. He'll be less influential on the wing but our back 3 will be better as a whole.
I was thinking more about DWZ than RTS. RTS at #1 is a no-brainer while picking DWZ on the wing over either Rapana or Isaako might hurt the kiwis attack. Either way it’s a great position to be in for the coach, the team and the kiwi fans. Lots of options available in the 3/4’s and forwards. Not so much the halves.

ozenzud

Juniors
I thought that was easily the best game by JWH in a kiwi jumper. DWZ was also just so good. The pace of Nikorima was also impressive. But for me, the game by Taupau off the bench was just fantastic. Can't believe nobody else has mentioned it.

I also thought Blair gave a lot of energy in defence.

What a game. The outside backs of the Kangaroos just had so much gas and when it got wide it was shut the gate.

3. JWH
2. DWZ
1 Taupau

Reactions: JJ

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I thought that was easily the best game by JWH in a kiwi jumper. DWZ was also just so good. The pace of Nikorima was also impressive. But for me, the game by Taupau off the bench was just fantastic. Can't believe nobody else has mentioned it.

What a game. The outside backs of the Kangaroos just had so much gas and when it got wide it was shut the gate.

3. JWH
2. DWZ
1 Taupau
Do you think when everybody’s fit and available for the kiwis that Taupau and NAS play off the bench??

JJ

Immortal

3. JWH
2. DWZ
1 Taupau
Marty was huge, I thought he should have started but JWH got it and delivered hopefully he can keep that up

Walter sobchak

First Grade
As usual the kiwis only worry is the depth in the halves. What’s the deal with foran? Is he retired, injured or just badly out of form?

Matua

Bench
Do you think when everybody’s fit and available for the kiwis that Taupau and NAS play off the bench??
Hell yeah, Bromwich, JWH, Taupau and NAS is some prop rotation.

Who knows with Foran, if he sorts out his issues he may come back, if he can't then we move on. Te Maire Martin was developing ok.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Hell yeah, Bromwich, JWH, Taupau and NAS is some prop rotation.

Who knows with Foran, if he sorts out his issues he may come back, if he can't then we move on. Te Maire Martin was developing ok.
That’s a scary looking 4 prop rotation!!!

Foran on form and with his mind right gives the kiwis more structure and direction with his passing and kicking game. With him in the team the kiwis are looking very formidable and imo the #1 ranked RL team on the planet.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Foran has been rubbish for 3+ years now, bar a few decent games at the start of his Warriors and Dogs stints. I wouldn’t hold my breath about him ever properly finding form again.