What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2018

lockyno1

Post Whore
What other races??? He’s off to the paddock, 3 whole runs so glad he won’t get burnt out now.

Will come back aimed at a few other group 1’s. As I said yesterday was the aim. No need to push the horse so far that it ends up hurting the horse long term.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Will come back aimed at a few other group 1’s. As I said yesterday was the aim. No need to push the horse so far that it ends up hurting the horse long term.
Long term??? Arrowfield have paid around 20m for 50% of TAS, long term will be in around 6 months when he will be straight to stud. He's had only 3 runs this prep, totally gutless decision to make sure their Queen keeps her unbeaten streak. At least when the King won his 3rd Cox plate he beat a champion 3 yr old.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Long term??? Arrowfield have paid around 20m for 50% of TAS, long term will be in around 6 months when he will be straight to stud. He's had only 3 runs this prep, totally gutless decision to make sure their Queen keeps her unbeaten streak. At least when the King won his 3rd Cox plate he beat a champion 3 yr old.

We all saw how awful Yankee Rose was after being flogged in its Cox Plate the decision is very understandable. 3 runs as a 3year old especially with 1 at group1 level is probably enough.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Kingston Town >>> Winx

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think if the horse had already had 5 or 6 runs this prep I could understand them turning him out not wanting to burn it out.

He’s had 3 runs this prep and has improved each time, his win yesterday was about as taxing as a track gallop. I think the horse will gobble up 2000 metres and he probably can’t beat Winx but they will never get a better chance to do so.

End of the day they own the horse and they can do what they want, but if they are true fans of racing and the ideology of what “sport” is then they take her on.

On face value he looks at least in the Pierro/All Too Hard class and they both ran well but were beaten and did nothing to dampen their stud value.. So You Think won it and ended up a champion but TAS’s form going into the race is well ahead of what SYT had achieved.

It’s hard not to like Chris Waller, but he had the chance to take Winx to the world and chose not to... now he has another superstar and to me it just looks like he wants Winx to go out a champ and then usher in his next champ next prep...where in fact TAS might be the champ right now, he at least deserves the chance to prove it.

Sunline took on Lonhro and was beaten everyone knows she was still a champion.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Bel Esprit flogged in the Cox Plate as a 3 year old,came back as an older horse and won the Doomben 10,000 and also produced Black Caviar at stud

Redoute's Choice flogged in the Cox Plate as a 3 year old,one of the greatest stallions ever with 33 individual Group 1 winners to date

Testa Rossa 4th in the Cox Plate as a 3 year old(Had 11 runs in total as a 3 year old),went on and won The Group 1 Vichealth Cup and Group 1 Emirates as a 4 year old,at stud has produced 64 stakes-winners to date

Savabeel won the Cox Plate as a 3 year old and has become a champion NZ stallion

So You Think won the Cox Plate as a 3 year old and than won 5 Group 1's in Europe as an older horse and has produced 4 individual Group 1 winners at stud to date

Pierro 3rd in the Cox Plate as a 3 year old and is now the GOAT at stud

Helmet
ran in the Cox Plate as a 3 year old and has produced a Dubai World Cup winner with Thunder Snow at stud

The Autumn Sun running in the Cox Plate as 3 year old won't affect his stud efforts

Sphagnum

Coach
Gutless decision but hardly surprising.

Best colt in I’ve seen in a long time and not even having a crack at the Cox Plate. An absolute Donkey like Yankee Rose ran third in one recently.

Oh well we have to keep Winx’s Unbeaten record safe.
Once messara took a controlling interest any chance of it actually racing went out the window.

Sphagnum

Coach
Did you punters see them do the dodgy yesterday and give Unforgotten an easy run to the line,jockey didn't even touch it at all down the straight,give it a nice look around Caulfield first time so it drifts in the betting for some nice odds for the Caulfield Cup,sneaky buggers
Then blamed the track for being too hard. I put the soft run down more to walker incompetence.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think if the horse had already had 5 or 6 runs this prep I could understand them turning him out not wanting to burn it out.

He’s had 3 runs this prep and has improved each time, his win yesterday was about as taxing as a track gallop. I think the horse will gobble up 2000 metres and he probably can’t beat Winx but they will never get a better chance to do so.

End of the day they own the horse and they can do what they want, but if they are true fans of racing and the ideology of what “sport” is then they take her on.

On face value he looks at least in the Pierro/All Too Hard class and they both ran well but were beaten and did nothing to dampen their stud value.. So You Think won it and ended up a champion but TAS’s form going into the race is well ahead of what SYT had achieved.

It’s hard not to like Chris Waller, but he had the chance to take Winx to the world and chose not to... now he has another superstar and to me it just looks like he wants Winx to go out a champ and then usher in his next champ next prep...where in fact TAS might be the champ right now, he at least deserves the chance to prove it.

Sunline took on Lonhro and was beaten everyone knows she was still a champion.
SYT had won one average listed race in Sydney and was lucky to get into the field, he was unlucky in a Caulfield Guineas but still people reckoned he only got in because he was trained by Bart. Thank f**k they ran him, Manhattan Rain ran second and he also has been solid at stud.

This horseshit about burning horses out is just horseshit. You have a fit horse in form and healthy you run them. Winx will win a hollow Cox plate now without the best 3yr old in the land running.