What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weststigersforum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger05

First Grade
Exactly. Anyone who thinks we are just one good signing away with winning the comp with our current squad has rocks in their head.

I honestly don't think we are that far off but you are correct in that it's not one good signing away from improving. We need two to three quality players in positions that we are weak in.

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
The people who run that forum do so with the right intent and do a good job. The moronic posters ruin it. You have a read there and seriously start to question whether or not inbreeding is rife, most of them cant be all there. I wonder if some even watch the game.
The quality of discussion has dropped badly. Only worth the odd look because it has more traffic, therefore possible information can be attained sometimes.

Tiger05

First Grade
Especialy half

I'm happy with Brooks and I pray to God despite being an atheist that Reynolds comes good. We need centres and dominant forwards. I can't wait until we can get Packer and Reynolds off our books.

innsaneink

Referee
So I had a look at the new forum (which looks the same as the old one). Still terrible. In the thread on the development players people are complaining about the signings, saying that these types of signings won’t win us comps. Obviously their IQ isn’t at a level to understand what a development signing is...
You sound like a gossipy old woman Vic...''WE know whats going on here, OUR IQ is at such a level blah blah wank wank"
I posted in that thread, people were saying these development signings alone wont 'win us comps'...many thought the squad was complete and our only signing of note was Matto...apparently theres still two spots left to fill.
You banned from there by any chance?

super_coach

First Grade
You sound like a gossipy old woman Vic...''WE know whats going on here, OUR IQ is at such a level blah blah wank wank"
I posted in that thread, people were saying these development signings alone wont 'win us comps'...many thought the squad was complete and our only signing of note was Matto...apparently theres still two spots left to fill.

Like any forum there is a lot of rubbish posted, but in between there is plenty of good stuff posted by good people. As I said before, Iam a WT’s tragic, so I will take Tiger talk from where ever I can get it

Vic Mackey

Referee

Certainly not banned.

Well that’s exactly my point, how can a Development sighing win anyone a comp?

As others have said there’s some good stuff on there but you need to shift through so much crap and shit slinging to find it. I feel there’s no good discussions on it anymore.

For instance last night in the coaching thread here I suggested Payten, 2 posters thought it was a terrible idea yet said why. If it was on the other forum and people didn’t agree it would be lambasted.

I don’t believe the people on here are necessarily smarter, just more open to discussion.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Your post is an example of what was being critiqued as typical on the other forum. Going straight for petty, personal attack. Playing the person instead of the ball.

innsaneink

Referee
Certainly not banned.

Well that’s exactly my point, how can a Development sighing win anyone a comp?

As others have said there’s some good stuff on there but you need to shift through so much crap and shit slinging to find it. I feel there’s no good discussions on it anymore.

For instance last night in the coaching thread here I suggested Payten, 2 posters thought it was a terrible idea yet said why. If it was on the other forum and people didn’t agree it would be lambasted.

I don’t believe the people on here are necessarily smarter, just more open to discussion.
As supercoach said, it's a mix of everything on pretty much all forums.
I like it here as you get opposing fans pov .. Although this site I find nowadays a bit more difficult to navigate.
You sometimes tend to get outcasts or banned members from WTforum here with a bit of a chip.....

Looks like that forums down again, at least it is for me

innsaneink

Referee
Your post is an example of what was being critiqued as typical on the other forum. Going straight for petty, personal attack. Playing the person instead of the ball.

Well Ron that's how it looks to me.... Questioning others IQ isn't playing the man?
You see... It happens here too

super_coach

First Grade
As supercoach said, it's a mix of everything on pretty much all forums.
I like it here as you get opposing fans pov .. Although this site I find nowadays a bit more difficult to navigate.
You sometimes tend to get outcasts or banned members from WTforum here with a bit of a chip.....

Looks like that forums down again, at least it is for me
Yep...it’s down...might have gone into meltdown with all the talk that Clearygate might be resolved very soon

macnaz

Staff member
I must say i enjoy the like fuction on here , on the other site the only recognition posters get are gangs of haters with differing opinions shouting down a persons pov.. If the they had a quick like button a lot of the WT forum bouncer boys would quickly realise most of their veiws are in the minority and they aren't as smart as they think they are

stryker

First Grade
I must say i enjoy the like fuction on here , on the other site the only recognition posters get are gangs of haters with differing opinions shouting down a persons pov.. If the they had a quick like button a lot of the WT forum bouncer boys would quickly realise most of their veiws are in the minority and they aren't as smart as they think they are
They used to have a like button over there but that system was corrupted by posters starting multiple accounts and only liking themselves. From memory Alien was one of them.
I like your forum bouncer boys analogy. That certainly exists.

innsaneink

Referee
Its a good forum and not much different to most. I think it may be a bit more insular compared to here, where there are a lot more members of different clubs as well.
Ive visited a few different club forums and some seem very very good, maybe the average age of members is a bit higher, and some are very poor, not moderated and just a mess/headache (Dogs)
I used to visit Cowboys forum for a few years after the GF, not to stir shit but to get the opposing perspective, they were generally all good and I would pop in there every now and then
Like most with opinions others will differ, when theres passion involved it can get heated, some can control themselves, some cant, there are some genuinely good people, and some real dickheads as is real life

Status
Not open for further replies.