What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hybrideel

Bench
So out of 31 passing attempts from Carr, only 2 were over 8 yards and neither completed. He did get sacked 6 times though so maybe getting rid of the ball quick was the only option. However if almost half your pass attempts are behind the line of scrimmage, you are not going to be winning many games

hybrideel

Bench
I did not like the idea of Gruden coming back - he hasn't coached for a decade, and despite his mind for the game, it was always a massive risk.

But seeing how he has the Raiders performing thus year...

Del Rio was sacked, and his record was better...

Get rid of Gruden, Carr, and Cooper, and we will be a better team.

I know you don't like Carr, but is he really the problem? 2 years ago when he had the O line giving him time, he was an MVP candidate until the leg injury. Last year the receivers couldn't catch a cold. I will admit he has made some poor choices this year though.
It seems as though we aren't playing to his strength though which is his powerful arm. Short checkdown attempts and screens will get you nowhere in the current game

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know you don't like Carr, but is he really the problem? 2 years ago when he had the O line giving him time, he was an MVP candidate until the leg injury. Last year the receivers couldn't catch a cold. I will admit he has made some poor choices this year though.
It seems as though we aren't playing to his strength though which is his powerful arm. Short checkdown attempts and screens will get you nowhere in the current game

I've just always thought he only offers one thing - a cannon for an arm.

No game management.

No finesse.

Afraid of impact.

Makes bad decisions under pressure.

I've always felt he was a dreadfully below-par QB, and the sooner we get rid of him, the better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oakland have draft capital now.
I think they will end up with a top 5 pick this year from own pick and a 10-15 from bears. Along with a few 2nd rounders. That 4 very good players can land.
The timing will be good. In 2 yrs the Patriots and Steelers will be done and know one else looks built that great for long term. Chargers will also lose Rivers.
Id rather stink it up for a few years and get draft capital then finish with a 7 win record and never land a top 5 talent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oakland have draft capital now.
I think they will end up with a top 5 pick this year from own pick and a 10-15 from bears. Along with a few 2nd rounders. That 4 very good players can land.
The timing will be good. In 2 yrs the Patriots and Steelers will be done and know one else looks built that great for long term. Chargers will also lose Rivers.
Id rather stink it up for a few years and get draft capital then finish with a 7 win record and never land a top 5 talent.

True.

But the last time we drafted "well" was...

Shit, I don't even remember.

T.S Quint

Coach
What a game the Niners/Packers match was.
The end was f**king hard to watch though. Everyone just knew that Rodgers was going to orchestrate a comeback in the dying minutes. That really hurt.

Our offence seems to be doing well, even with Garoppolo our injured. Matt Breida has proved to be a revelation, and CJ Beathard is definitely holding his own at QB. But the defence just clocks off at times in the match and it really hurts us. That and too many turnovers.

I think we are doing well, and have been a chance to win most games that we have played, but we just don’t have the patience or experience to get over the line. If we play the way we did against Green Bay for the rest of the year we will pick up a few more wins for sure...but at this stage it might be better to just hang in close to keep the games interesting but just end up losing. Another top 3 draft pick is very much needed, especially if we can get a probable elite pass rusher like Nick Bosa.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The end was f**king hard to watch though. Everyone just knew that Rodgers was going to orchestrate a comeback in the dying minutes

I'm not so sure it was a given, sure he does it a lot, best QB for mine but he just cant keep doing it

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm not so sure it was a given, sure he does it a lot, best QB for mine but he just cant keep doing it

Against my team it was a given.
He’s just done it so often, and I have no faith in our defence this season. They e given up shitloads of points way too easily.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wow, the Cards were bad. Really f**king bad. Broncos defence was pretty good, but Cards let them walk all over them.
Josh Rosen hasn’t shown much so far this season, but too early to make a decision on whether he’s a bust or not. His o-line and receivers were no help, but a lot of his troubles were his own fault.
Maybe the Niners won’t be finishing last in the NFC West this season...nah who am I kidding.

Oh how I wish for an elite pass rusher like Von Miller on my team. Guy’s a game changer.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wow, the Cards were bad. Really f**king bad. Broncos defence was pretty good, but Cards let them walk all over them.
Josh Rosen hasn’t shown much so far this season, but too early to make a decision on whether he’s a bust or not. His o-line and receivers were no help, but a lot of his troubles were his own fault.
Maybe the Niners won’t be finishing last in the NFC West this season...nah who am I kidding.

Oh how I wish for an elite pass rusher like Von Miller on my team. Guy’s a game changer.

Presskot looked golden his first season and terrible the next. So far this season average. He was picked late so hard to see he is ever a bust but year 1 was rated best of him Goff and Wentz. But the latter 2 in worse teams.

Goff now looks great but hey what a team he is in. Gurleys a weapon. And he has them all over park.
Mariotta,Winston,Carr,Bortles are all at time where can judge I think after this season. But hell some may still win superbowls. All are good enough too.

Truibisky was woefull last season but look at the difference . Lets see Watson,Mahomes and co in a few years.

This year 5 qbs went in 1st round. It would be a huge suprise if more then 2 become 15yrs franchise QBs.....
Rosen,Darnold,Baker,Allen all come into very weak teams. Darnold and Baker I think have best chances due to teams building process. Next year I think both will stand up. There divisions will open up.
The other 2 will have it very hard for a few years to come. Arizona have rams,Seattle amd 49rd who are on way up.
Bills are just a basket case at moment.

On Winston he is in a tough division with 3 top shelf qbs...Mariotta needs to make this year count while Colts and Texans are down.

Looks like the Cards are going to tank this season. They won't suit up Bradford so they don't have to pay him.

T.S Quint

Coach
Looks like the Cards are going to tank this season. They won't suit up Bradford so they don't have to pay him.

Probably better off. Rosen gets some game time, and Cards get a high pick at the draft. Would be shit for their fans though.

Have you got a team that you support in the NFL Barry?

Probably better off. Rosen gets some game time, and Cards get a high pick at the draft. Would be shit for their fans though.

Have you got a team that you support in the NFL Barry?

Not really...I used to like the Bills back in the 90s. There are some teams that I don't particularly like (Pats, Saints). I like Andy REid as a coach, so I'm usually interested in how the Chiefs play, but I don't care too much. I watch all the FTA/Fox games but it takes me to the end of the following weekend to do so, so I don't look in this thread (to avoid spoilers).

Latest posts