What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Test Triple Header - New Zealand v Australia @ Mt Smart

Vee

First Grade
Seriously why the f**k do such inbreed Queenslanders like you need to turn everything into a bloody Origin talk. THIS IS THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TEAM HERE NOT THE BLUES AND MAROONS.

And what about the imposter of a coach and man that coaches Australia Meninga and the horrible direction from DCE and Hunt? and also idiot Meninga for giving McGuire a start. But of course they are blameless, what about when those Kangaroos teams lead by Lockyer filled with Queenslanders lost the world cup and 4 nations on home soil.
Too easy!

Saxon

Bench
He was lucky then and is lucky now
I’ve seen much worse be penalised.
Let me summarise why you're wrong:

1. Arm was originally held off the ground. (By Teddy I think) Would have been legal to advance the ball.
2. It was in the in-goal - so not advancing the ball anyway.
3. The ref didn't call held - so tackle not complete.

Oh, and
4. you're an idiot.

carcharias

Immortal
Let me summarise why you're wrong:

1. Arm was originally held off the ground. (By Teddy I think) Would have been legal to advance the ball.
2. It was in the in-goal - so not advancing the ball anyway.
3. The ref didn't call held - so tackle not complete.

Oh, and
4. you're an idiot.

Ha what absolute bullshit.
His arm was not held up at all.
His elbow hits the ground first - arm with the ball.
Two defenders have hold of him.
At best his elbow has maybe touched the line.
If it hasn’t.
The tackle is completed.

Then he has another go and puts it down.

Like I’ve I’ve said, I’ve seen plenty like it penalised .

The ref didn’t call held???
Ha
The never usually do in the middle of a split second double movement you goose.

Big Pete

Referee
In all seriousness, I thought the Kiwis were fantastic. They controlled possession extremely well, moved the ball well and there were some wonderful individual efforts. In the past they usually had to rely on Benji or Johnson to come up with something, so the emergence of DWZ, B. Smith & Manu was a fantastic development for them.

Despite the underwhelming performance from Australia, I thought there were some positive signs. To go into half-time 12-8 was a wonderful testament to their defence and every single part of that Tedesco try at the death was brilliant. In the end a two point loss in the first hit out with new combinations on foreign soil is hardly the worst thing to happen.

I'm excited for the Australia vs. Tonga clash. The game against New Zealand would have been a good learning experience and there's plenty of improvement in the team.

It also bodes well for the upcoming series between England & New Zealand. Without knowing the full history, this could be the best series between the two in recent history. Hopefully we get to see more games like the 2013 World Cup Semi.

Seriously why the f**k do such inbreed Queenslanders like you need to turn everything into a bloody Origin talk. THIS IS THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TEAM HERE NOT THE BLUES AND MAROONS.

And what about the imposter of a coach and man that coaches Australia Meninga and the horrible direction from DCE and Hunt? and also idiot Meninga for giving McGuire a start. But of course they are blameless, what about when those Kangaroos teams lead by Lockyer filled with Queenslanders lost the world cup and 4 nations on home soil.
Nice meltdown, one of the greats.

Hutty1986

Immortal
In all seriousness, I thought the Kiwis were fantastic. They controlled possession extremely well, moved the ball well and there were some wonderful individual efforts. In the past they usually had to rely on Benji or Johnson to come up with something, so the emergence of DWZ, B. Smith & Manu was a fantastic development for them.

Despite the underwhelming performance from Australia, I thought there were some positive signs. To go into half-time 12-8 was a wonderful testament to their defence and every single part of that Tedesco try at the death was brilliant. In the end a two point loss in the first hit out with new combinations on foreign soil is hardly the worst thing to happen.

I'm excited for the Australia vs. Tonga clash. The game against New Zealand would have been a good learning experience and there's plenty of improvement in the team.

It also bodes well for the upcoming series between England & New Zealand. Without knowing the full history, this could be the best series between the two in recent history. Hopefully we get to see more games like the 2013 World Cup Semi.
People seem to be forgetting how little football this side has played together as a unit. Add in the fact a key playmaker went down early, playing away from home and the late flurry of points suggests there's much, much brighter times ahead for this footy team. You can't replace players of the Thurston, Smith and Cronk calibre without some teething issues.
Manu was bloody impressive too, really exploded in the finals series and looks a real gun. Though its scary to think how good Latrell is going to be, he is still raw as f**k.