What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
This is not relevant to 2019 but 2018 has been locked.

There are quite a few players from the competitions playing in the emerging nations world cup. In the first cup semi final at Cabra today, Greece gave up an 8-0 lead yo go down 16-8 to the favourites, Niue.

Niue included Wes Lolo ( Newtown), Jake Samoa, Mike Filimona and Tuki Jackson (Asquith), Latrell Schaumkel (Glebe Burwood) and Temata Rangi (wests). In addition guys that have played for RMC clubs in the last few years were Sione Tovo, Zeb Luisi, Eddie Paea, George Lolo and Tristan Alvarado.

Greece included George Tsrikrikis, Billy Tsrikrikis (Glebe Burwood), Rob Tiliatu (Asquith), Zac Cassilidiaris (Cabra), Alex Zarounas, Laurence Zarounas (Belrose) and Mitch Zampetides (Brothers)

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's a fair bit of talk about this Thunderbolts deal, a few people citing a rule about teams fielding sides in lower grades and how they must have a connected ISP side. I don't know that it's been enforced since the Storm left NSWRL a few years back, and I'm not convinced it will be anyway. Melbourne's agreements with Easts and the Falcons in QRL remain in place for their top level feeders and I don't see that as an issue, the Storm are in a unique position that they don't officially fall into either state's catchment so they can do as they wish IMO

Joker44

Juniors
Parramatta entering their own ISP from 2020. 2019 will be their last year with Wenty as their ISP

rightleftin

Juniors
A few years ago Ryde Eastwood had no teams then in 2017 they had 2 U/18's and in 2018 2 U/20's teams, 2 U/18's plus a womens team and in 2019 - Sydney Shield, U/23's, 2 U/20's, 2 U/18's and women.

Pantherman72

Juniors
This is not relevant to 2019 but 2018 has been locked.

There are quite a few players from the competitions playing in the emerging nations world cup. In the first cup semi final at Cabra today, Greece gave up an 8-0 lead yo go down 16-8 to the favourites, Niue.

Niue included Wes Lolo ( Newtown), Jake Samoa, Mike Filimona and Tuki Jackson (Asquith), Latrell Schaumkel (Glebe Burwood) and Temata Rangi (wests). In addition guys that have played for RMC clubs in the last few years were Sione Tovo, Zeb Luisi, Eddie Paea, George Lolo and Tristan Alvarado.

Greece included George Tsrikrikis, Billy Tsrikrikis (Glebe Burwood), Rob Tiliatu (Asquith), Zac Cassilidiaris (Cabra), Alex Zarounas, Laurence Zarounas (Belrose) and Mitch Zampetides (Brothers)

The entire Ron Massey and Sydney Shield staff of Asquith Magpies are also the staff of NIUE with Perenara and Weisner co-coaching.

Tigers1986

Juniors
There's a fair bit of talk about this Thunderbolts deal, a few people citing a rule about teams fielding sides in lower grades and how they must have a connected ISP side. I don't know that it's been enforced since the Storm left NSWRL a few years back, and I'm not convinced it will be anyway. Melbourne's agreements with Easts and the Falcons in QRL remain in place for their top level feeders and I don't see that as an issue, the Storm are in a unique position that they don't officially fall into either state's catchment so they can do as they wish IMO

From the best of my recollection, the NSWRL issued a mandate that to participate in the NSWRL competitions (SG Ball, Harold Matts) they needed to also have a side in the highest tier NSWRL competition. This is why Canberra ended their relationship with Souths Logan and entered into one with Mounties, and why Manly ended their Sunshine Coast relationship to return as themselves and then join with Blacktown.

If the rule still exists (as I imagine it does), then the Storm cannot 'do as they wish' as it would open the door for a Canberra and/or Manly to resume their links into Queensland.

Ryde-Eastwood to enter the Sydney Shield competition,as the feeder to Concord RMC.

A welcome return for the Hawks. It would be nice to see the old Metro Cup clubs fill up the shield and add a little further competition to the Shield.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From the best of my recollection, the NSWRL issued a mandate that to participate in the NSWRL competitions (SG Ball, Harold Matts) they needed to also have a side in the highest tier NSWRL competition. This is why Canberra ended their relationship with Souths Logan and entered into one with Mounties, and why Manly ended their Sunshine Coast relationship to return as themselves and then join with Blacktown.

If the rule still exists (as I imagine it does), then the Storm cannot 'do as they wish' as it would open the door for a Canberra and/or Manly to resume their links into Queensland.
Both sides (Can and Man) appear to have settled links now so I doubt that's an issue.

It's also worth noting the Storm are a unique case given they aren't actually from either state.

siv

First Grade
Be interesting to see how things evolve after the NSWRL and CRL complete their merger

imgunawin72

Juniors
What’s happening with belrose next year now Eastwood rude are the feeder for concord/ burwood/ glebe/ anywhere?