What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring 2018

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just let it go- wasn’t beating Winx anyway and the owners care about the horse. They had a long think and decided to come back in the Autumn. There are key group 1’s there and it won’t be against the super mare then.

Youngstar is a year older and a more mature horse. It can obviously push on. You don’t want to kill a promising 3 year old
So you have shares in TAS as well??? What are the Powerball numbers this week as well????

Sphagnum

Coach
It's pretty disappointing but that's what clowns like messara and Waller have done to racing. So you think was only having his 5th or 6th start when he bolted in the Cox plate.

The myth about it ruining a top class 3yo is absolute bullshit. It ruins pretenders like commands, viscount, royal symphony etc.

2 weeks

Coach
It's pretty disappointing but that's what clowns like messara and Waller have done to racing. So you think was only having his 5th or 6th start when he bolted in the Cox plate.

The myth about it ruining a top class 3yo is absolute bullshit. It ruins pretenders like commands, viscount, royal symphony etc.

Yep 100%

Zabeel, Redoute's Choice & Pierro all got beaten in Cox Plates as 3yo's and they seemed to go okay in the rooting caper.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
From what Hickman said afterwards I gathered that there was definitely interest made to Pierata but they weren’t keen on the deals being offered.

I reckon it would of revolved around stud royalities.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I don't take any notice of times,Redzel is a two time Everest champ and multiple Group 1 winner so needs to be respected as a better horse than Pierata as the proven Group 1 performer,that could all change in the future when Pierata continues to improve especially as they have finally worked out he's a sprinter and not a miler.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
From what Hickman said afterwards I gathered that there was definitely interest made to Pierata but they weren’t keen on the deals being offered.

I reckon it would of revolved around stud royalities.
I heard that they couldn't agree on what % of the the winnings.

The Slot owners of Belflyer got 10% of the horse going forward.

coolsteve

Juniors
the point I was trying to make was that when I saw Perieta fly home I was wondering about the time it ran and then Redzel flew home as well . would have been nice to see them both run in the same race. As for the internationals, I think most group runners in aust these days have bloodlines that trace back to overseas horses. ( Im old enough to remember when you had to have a Kiwi bred horse to have a chance to win the melb cup)

WaznTheGreat

Referee
the point I was trying to make was that when I saw Perieta fly home I was wondering about the time it ran and then Redzel flew home as well . would have been nice to see them both run in the same race. As for the internationals, I think most group runners in aust these days have bloodlines that trace back to overseas horses. ( Im old enough to remember when you had to have a Kiwi bred horse to have a chance to win the melb cup)

Bring back Castletown