What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Was Our Best Jersey This Year - An off season thread

Favorite Jersey for 2018

• Home

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Members

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • ANZAC

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Indigenous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Retro

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Panther fan here offering my opinion, we all know you love that. Why haven't they ever just gone Tigers for the home jersey and Magpies away? Then swap it around every few years

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Panther fan here offering my opinion, we all know you love that. Why haven't they ever just gone Tigers for the home jersey and Magpies away? Then swap it around every few years

Because that would make too much sense for this club!

In fairness I can see some merit in trying to establish a Wests Tigers identity not Wests/Balmain, but over the last few years we've seen gold (or that ridiculous fluro orange pantone) almost vanish from all our kits. One can only assume it's due to Balmain's financial woes but it only punishes us fans really.

We haven't had a good kit in years. Sucks.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I wanted that initially but unlike other Mergers we are a totally new club. Respect the history but trying to keep it won’t help us move forward. We need our own identity, there’s a generation of Wests Tigers fans who never knew Balmain or the Magpies and that’s a good thing

simmo1

First Grade
I think original jerseys were on the right track, although the jagged lightning style is a bit dated.

Black with orange and white V, or orange with black and white V would get my vote.

Anything predominantly white, or with extravagant patterns looks shit imo.

Last edited:

Tigers1986

Juniors
My favourite is still the 2014 (I think) heritage jersey. It was hooped, with our colours evenly spread. I'd love if that was our jersey worn at all away games and for home WSS games. Wear our black and white heritage jumper at Campbelltown home games, wear our orange and black heritage at Leichhardt home games. It acknowledges our past, establishes our new identity and makes sense.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
My favourite is still the 2014 (I think) heritage jersey. It was hooped, with our colours evenly spread. I'd love if that was our jersey worn at all away games and for home WSS games. Wear our black and white heritage jumper at Campbelltown home games, wear our orange and black heritage at Leichhardt home games. It acknowledges our past, establishes our new identity and makes sense.

This one? We've had worse that's for sure.

tigers14heritagefront.jpg

Vic Mackey

Referee
36969695-5EF2-4A70-A409-CE7B93DA8492.jpeg

Yeah loved that one. Also because when we first wore it we belted Manly in the pouring rain at Leichhardt.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tim Simona. What a waste of a talent. He would have given our left side a huge boost.

Yep

Saw he was in a pic with all the boys at Chee Kams wedding last week. Certainly not excusing what he did but can’t imagine how tough it would be for him when he catches up with them all like that.

Shredder

Juniors
I think the fact that he was invited indicates that the rest of the team of at least MCK has accepted if not forgiven,

Wasnt Penrith trying to get a clearance to sign him in the middle of the year?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the fact that he was invited indicates that the rest of the team of at least MCK has accepted if not forgiven,

Wasnt Penrith trying to get a clearance to sign him in the middle of the year?

I believe he is MCKs cousin

Not wanting to derail the thread but personally I never felt that he dogged it on the field, so the guys probably saw the betting stuff for what it was, a stupid mistake but not with the view to throw games

Penrith were wanting to sign him in an off field role, however theres no doubt it would have been with the view to have him cleared by the NRL and playing for them in a couple of years

i have a question, through the years, which of our ex jersey sponsors are still in business? seems we had some seriously dodgy companies through the year

Raddison Maine and Herbal World are definitely gone, MKB Contracting? Tried googling them quickly and couldn't find results. Proton build shit cars and wanted a reduced sponsorship package as they were on the rails. JFTA have a linkedin page so they must still be going.

On topic, the above hooped jersey was good.

This years Indigenous jersey was great, but the 08-10 jerseys were among the best. Simple designs and looked good. And we were still gold.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Raddison Maine and Herbal World are definitely gone, MKB Contracting? Tried googling them quickly and couldn't find results. Proton build shit cars and wanted a reduced sponsorship package as they were on the rails. JFTA have a linkedin page so they must still be going.

Don Smallgoods (is Don, is good) still going strong. They were on our jersey in 2001 from memory.

wt2001.jpg

New Loan Home Loans seem gorrrne, as are probably 90% of our random sleeve sponsors over the years.

s-l400.jpg

General Stripes

Juniors

I would hope because they realise causing even more devision to the club would be a bad thing.

The sooner they run the club as 1 club, while respecting history, the better.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Well here are our 2019 designs. Definitely a step in the right direction, but sad that there's no gold jersey. No surprises there though :(

45232448_1982398428514775_4902295621777489920_n.png

45146911_1982398561848095_7545497145177014272_n.png

109a9767.jpg

109a9746.jpg

109a9794.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Nice designs. I guess its lucky we have sponsors that intergrate so well. Even nerds on the back is a gold box.

Last edited:

Latest posts