What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jason Demetriou
If crazy old Des doesn't take the job (or demands too much coin)

Given Manly’s experience with Barrett, I severely doubt it would employ the services of another inexperienced coach.

On the contrary, SGI have done it with dire consequences.

Drag Queen

Bench
Given Manly’s experience with Barrett, I severely doubt it would employ the services of another inexperienced coach.

Not sure dire is the right word, or maybe it is. I did notice that it was Demetriou down in the sheds at half time more often than Bennett this season. Siebold got coach of the year. I'm still not sure whether Barrett was just a shitty coach or outside noise got the better of him.

aquiin

Juniors
Lomax was barely back from injury and said himself he was struggling with fitness.

If he avoided injury, he would have played on the wing around the time Nightingale was being moved around.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I doubt that you are ever confused my friend - by the way Sammy , I was wondering whether or not Tariq Simms had sustained rib cartilage damage towards the end of the Broncos game . I saw him clutch at it for a few moments and he looked out of sorts . I reckon he went into the rabbits game injured and had nowhere near the same impact as he had the previous week in the thrashing of the broncs .

He had a needle at half time of south game.
He was a bit but I think that South forwards are much better than broncos in there d and that they stopped our go forward more. If tariq had stayed on and was able to last the game out we would have won. Imo

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Not sure dire is the right word, or maybe it is. I did notice that it was Demetriou down in the sheds at half time more often than Bennett this season. Siebold got coach of the year. I'm still not sure whether Barrett was just a shitty coach or outside noise got the better of him.

Although I hate Manly more than any other NRL club, I’d say Barrett’s ability to coach effectively has been undermined by its salary cap dramas.

Then again, if the game’s ruling authority in the country had any balls, it would’ve denied the Sea Eagles an opportunity to compete for competition points this season, and thus awarded the pricks a much deserved initial wooden spoon. Let’s not forget that that club’s blatant cheating affected the make up of the 2017 semi final series.

BLM01

First Grade
So now it seems Jarrod Hayne is the next rumour being linked to the Dragons in 2019. Well at least that's a way to get rid of our current coach at the end of next year!
Every player manager use Saints to push their players price up. That is why we are linked to everyone. They know how our recruitment system works and every other club knows how the Dragons buy el cheapo reserves or fringies or pay overs for the better ones if they have the cash to splash. Dragons are a player managers bunny...so to speak

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
FROM FB

BRONCO HEADED TO THE GC TITANS

The Gold Coast Titans have signed winger Jordan Kahu to a 3 year deal starting from season 2019 and beyond

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Strapping big lad and undoubtedly will be the next Tumolulo (?) . Whomever he signs with after 2019 will be getting a very damaging forward - wil the Dragons be in the race , I certainly hope so Frank .
Bronco's have some great young forwards coming through presently im sure they wouldnt mind if he ends up at the Dragons plus we really owe them one for Tallis who they got in he's prime, time to pay up..

Gareth67

First Grade
Bronco's have some great young forwards coming through presently im sure they wouldnt mind if he ends up at the Dragons plus we really owe them one for Tallis who they got in he's prime, time to pay up..

Ayios Yiorgos - right about that , however my beef is more with Tallis for the underhanded way he went about the betrayal of the Dragons . The broncs had plenty of money to throw around at the time and swiped one of our best up and coming players . And don’t forget Mundine a few years later - the idiot was even photographed in a Brisbane jersey after signing his deal and whilst still playing with the Dragons !