What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickers007

Juniors
SHOOSH IV

WHO is the player telling teammates he plans to “run dead” at his new club next year so he can get a release to return to the club he played with this year?
https://outline.com/uu2gmZ

Surely its not the Peach?

I think this season at the Titans proves that Brennan doesn't give a f**k about reputations - if you're playing like shit (intentional or not), you'll be dropped to QLD Cup.
Exhibit A - Leilani Latu
Exhibit B - Bryce Cartwright

I'm not sure he's the kind of coach to fall for this kind of childish game. I don't think Brad Fittler is either. I mean, Peach only played about 25mins of Origin across 3 games - it's not like he was a key member of the squad. Would be a very brave (or stupid) man to tank for the first 4 weeks of the comp and still hope to make Origin.

And if it is Peachey - and he does follow through with this - I wouldn't want him back. Shows a complete lack of professionalism, and lack of respect to your coach, team mates, and the fans.

favicons
DailyTelegraph ›
Open market for NRL off-contract stars as November deadline looms
October 19, 2018

At the foot of the mountains, playmaker Jarome Luai is all but certain to extend his time at Penrith beyond 2019 due to the uncertainty surrounding James Maloney.

Maloney is contracted until the end of 2020 but there are questions as to whether his body can handle two more seasons of NRL football.
Johns says a halves pairing of Cleary and Luai is the right move long-term.

“He just brings so much energy into that side. Talking to Nathan Cleary, he and Jarome have played a lot of their junior football together and they know each other so well,” he said.

“In time they will develop into a good combination.

“Even if the Panthers at the moment see that their No. 1 combination is Maloney and Cleary, certainly the future is Cleary and Jarome.”

https://outline.com/8m9GrP

No quotes unfortunately from anyone at the club on Luai.

Any news on Waqa or JFH?

Like Leota a few weeks back I heard Fish was a done deal just needed a bit finalising to do.
I haven't heard anything on Waqa. Gould would be talking to him to extend with rival clubs able to talk to him in 10 days time.
I am not too worried we don't usually lose too many players coming off contract we want to keep.
Losing players still under contract with a few years left on the clock thats another matter.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.