What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
Actually they could do a 'silver' jersey
They should do a silver jersey - silver with purple and gold accents. Perfect opportunity to use their full colour set without there being too many colours on any given jersey.

Rooster8

Juniors
This must have been done by Dean Ritchie, in what world is the Titans logo the best in the competition?

Seriously?

It’s the worst in the comp!

By far!

Easily!

Hahaha the person who wrote this sounds like that one person we all know who goes for the scariest sounding teams, since you know, the tigers will beat the Rabbitohs cause tigers eat rabbits! I should 100% rather logos stay traditional and within their heritage just like the recently new Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Eels, compared to their cartoonish predecessors. In no way should a logo change to "make it more fiercer", unless of course it's Manly.

DeeJ

Bench
You'd think after this years GF that a Storm would have kept yellow in their back pocket just so they're not caught out with their white jersey again.

The colour scheme of navy/purple/black doesn't leave many options apart from white to use in a clash.

I would have given Stormy McStorm a yellow bolt.

*edit*

Actually they could do a 'silver' jersey

I thought they could do a purple jersey (the brighter purple they use on the away shorts) with a white V. White or navy shorts to go with.

It's a bit bold but it could look good. It would not clash with other teams and few sports teams use a richer purple as their prominent colour.

Zerô

Juniors
They should do a silver jersey - silver with purple and gold accents. Perfect opportunity to use their full colour set without there being too many colours on any given jersey.

They had a crack at silver and gold for the WCC a few years back

storm13worldclubfront.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hope Storm didnt actually pay anyone for this new fresh look logo lol. Storm fans are not happy with yet more messing about of the club brand and especially the loss of the yellow in the logo.

sempmrh

Juniors
Hope Storm didnt actually pay anyone for this new fresh look logo lol. Storm fans are not happy with yet more messing about of the club brand and especially the loss of the yellow in the logo.
The Storm digital team seem to be patting themselves on the back.

gzerounian

Juniors
Brand agency named Wite Kite. They're based in Neatral Bay and have done some massive jobs both here an overseas. Same company that did the outgoing NRL and Cricket logos. Don't know if they were involved in designing the incoming NRL logo but they have done some good stuff in the past.

Diesel

Referee
This must have been done by Dean Ritchie, in what world is the Titans logo the best in the competition?

Seriously?

By far!

Easily!

You can tell it was written by NEWS Ltd when they rank that shitty horse head in the top 5 or so

Diesel

Referee

Seriously?

By far!

Easily!

Would like to see a AFL one, 18 teams fighting it out for the shittiest logo

From a designers point of view I don't mind the storms new logo, it's in essence just a modern take on their old one and they've ditched the yellow for silver.
What my only concern is that off the pitch, no one at Melbourne ever seems to think long term in terms of branding.

This logo is very, very today and very in line with current design trends. The block font, muted colour palette (much like Sydney FC) and it'll fall into the trap, exactly like their old logo did, of dating as soon as the trend moves on and belonging firmly cemented to a time and place and hence not ageing well and not being timeless.

Also, always found it odd that their old logo had the storm man wearing their first jersey which they ditched the following year and never wore again until this year. Their man had a purple V, could be an opportunity for consistency.

Nuke

Staff member
Brand agency named Wite Kite. They're based in Neatral Bay and have done some massive jobs both here an overseas. Same company that did the outgoing NRL and Cricket logos. Don't know if they were involved in designing the incoming NRL logo but they have done some good stuff in the past.
Incoming NRL logos were done in-house by the NRL's graphic design team. At least in part.

Regarding the new Melbourne logo, as others have said, the missing left hand is what is missing for mine. Yeah, gold in there would be great too, but I can live without it being there. The missing hand is what's throwing the balance off in my eyes, and I can't help but feeling irritated by that.

If it were me, this, below, is what I'd do to fix it. Adding the other hand, to me, just completes it. The adding of a faint yellow to the text, similar to what they did with the two tones in the text for their 20yrs logo this year, is there to add a subtle yellow in there for the traditionalists. Like I said, I can live without it being there ... especially if they're not going to be using yellow anymore on the kits (which I feel is a shame).
MS 2019 edit.jpg

PS: I fixed the missing finger on the throwing hand too ... it HAD to be done!!

Last edited: