What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

MrBlack

Juniors
I agree, hopefully Ciraldo can handle the attacking plays it only took him a few games to improve us in attack a fair bit, a full pre-season with Ciraldo not being ignored by the head coach could do wonders for us.

Clearly this is how it will go. I have trust that Gus can deliver with Cleary and Ciraldo.

I think Ciraldo will really stamp himself as a capable coach over the next few years.

Just hope Cleary gets here soon, as we really need a decent full off season. Or make the call on Ciraldo getting the job without the Cleary unknowns.

No more disruptions.

Penrith are hopeful Ivan Cleary will soon be released from the final two years of his deal with the Wests Tigers so he can join them when the pre-season officially starts on November 1.

The Tigers will only release Cleary if they find a replacement. They want Wayne Bennett, who has one year to run at the Broncos but wants out even if he’s told his players he intends sticking it out in 2019.

The Tigers need a kill after chair Marina Go and chief executive Justin Pascoe told anyone who would listen earlier they would not be letting Cleary go early.

More than that, they’d told sponsors they were confident of also securing Cleary’s son, Nathan, the NSW halfback who has since signed a mega-deal to stay at Penrith.
Now they face the grim reality of not having both. Having Bennett, a seven-time premiership coach, strolling the dungeon-like corridors under Concord Oval will soften the blow.

Bennett, however, is adamant no deal has been done at the Tigers and I believe him.

Bennett likes money. He won’t go to the Tigers unless he’s on really good money, in excess of $1 million a year. And he’ll want some cash out of the Broncos, too. Thanks for that.

Maguire is the Tigers’ fallback option. And after his New Zealand side shocked the Kangaroos last Saturday night at Mt Smart Stadium, he might’ve bumped up his asking price. That's how silly and reactionary the coaching market has become.
Souths, meanwhile, also want an answer from their coach, Anthony Seibold, by the end of this week.

Seibold is contracted until the end of next season but he’s talking to the Broncos, who he’s always wanted to coach. He has a very close relationship with Broncos chief executive Paul White, who has had a spectacular fallout with Bennett.
Many at the Broncos are convinced that Seibold is already stitched up at Red Hill for the 2020 season.

How many first-year coaches like Seibold refuse to extend their deal mid-season as Seibold did with Souths?

If a deal for 2020 is done, don’t be surprised if Souths let Seibold walk early and start looking towards the future.

They would’ve had a walk-up replacement in assistant coach David Furner, but he’s signed with Leeds in the UK Super League.

There’s an old saying in footy: if you’re not part of the future, you cannot be part of the present. Better to rip of the bandaid fast to ease the pain.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...-manly-is-the-safest-bet-20181015-p509tm.html

Pilot house

Juniors
Penrith are hopeful Ivan Cleary will soon be released from the final two years of his deal with the Wests Tigers so he can join them when the pre-season officially starts on November 1.

The Tigers will only release Cleary if they find a replacement. They want Wayne Bennett, who has one year to run at the Broncos but wants out even if he’s told his players he intends sticking it out in 2019.

The Tigers need a kill after chair Marina Go and chief executive Justin Pascoe told anyone who would listen earlier they would not be letting Cleary go early.

More than that, they’d told sponsors they were confident of also securing Cleary’s son, Nathan, the NSW halfback who has since signed a mega-deal to stay at Penrith.
Now they face the grim reality of not having both. Having Bennett, a seven-time premiership coach, strolling the dungeon-like corridors under Concord Oval will soften the blow.

Bennett, however, is adamant no deal has been done at the Tigers and I believe him.

Bennett likes money. He won’t go to the Tigers unless he’s on really good money, in excess of $1 million a year. And he’ll want some cash out of the Broncos, too. Thanks for that.

Maguire is the Tigers’ fallback option. And after his New Zealand side shocked the Kangaroos last Saturday night at Mt Smart Stadium, he might’ve bumped up his asking price. That's how silly and reactionary the coaching market has become.
Souths, meanwhile, also want an answer from their coach, Anthony Seibold, by the end of this week.

Seibold is contracted until the end of next season but he’s talking to the Broncos, who he’s always wanted to coach. He has a very close relationship with Broncos chief executive Paul White, who has had a spectacular fallout with Bennett.
Many at the Broncos are convinced that Seibold is already stitched up at Red Hill for the 2020 season.

How many first-year coaches like Seibold refuse to extend their deal mid-season as Seibold did with Souths?

If a deal for 2020 is done, don’t be surprised if Souths let Seibold walk early and start looking towards the future.

They would’ve had a walk-up replacement in assistant coach David Furner, but he’s signed with Leeds in the UK Super League.

There’s an old saying in footy: if you’re not part of the future, you cannot be part of the present. Better to rip of the bandaid fast to ease the pain.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...-manly-is-the-safest-bet-20181015-p509tm.html

Thank you for this post. Seibs reeks at Souths atm. They have been looking at Plan B for awhile now.

I think that O’Brien guy at Melbourne is a junior seibs. Cheap and cheerful.

Kilkenny

Coach
Like many I don’t think bringing Ivan back is our best option but it is going to happen so we may as well accept it and hope it works.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Thank you for this post. Seibs reeks at Souths atm. They have been looking at Plan B for awhile now.

I think that O’Brien guy at Melbourne is a junior seibs. Cheap and cheerful.

O’Brien is very good, he spoke at a function I attended earlier this year, he is very much out of the Seibold mold. Not sure I’d he’a ready though.

Switched on Cat!

Pilot house

Juniors
O’Brien is very good, he spoke at a function I attended earlier this year, he is very much out of the Seibold mold. Not sure I’d he’a ready though.

Switched on Cat!

Yes, there’s a new breed of coaches out there.

The seibs experiment worked so there’s a feeling more Melbourne junior coaching staff would work.

I am ready to say the Cleary experiment will fail but you’ve got the young bloke all signed and so forth. Ivan won’t be as indispensable.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Michael Maguire four year deal with the Tigers to be formally announced in the next week. I would expect Ivan’s deal will be confirmed shortly thereafter.

You sound like you have some credible information. Personally I'd like this to be sorted sooner rather than later.

I think a couple of 'friends' from the W/T might get angina issues if this goes on much longer. Meanwhile us Panther fans are a tougher breed as a result of the teams 'comeback mantra' during the 2018 season.

Certitude

Juniors
Yes, there’s a new breed of coaches out there.

The seibs experiment worked so there’s a feeling more Melbourne junior coaching staff would work.

I am ready to say the Cleary experiment will fail but you’ve got the young bloke all signed and so forth. Ivan won’t be as indispensable.

See, this is where you should be, over here with your westy, criminal Penrith mates, talking about syringes, bashing old ladies etc, it’s no use on the Souths forum, we’re all over in the most eclectic, diverse, economically diverse regions in the country

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
See, this is where you should be, over here with your westy, criminal Penrith mates, talking about syringes, bashing old ladies etc, it’s no use on the Souths forum, we’re all over in the most eclectic, diverse, economically diverse regions in the country

Mate he CLAIMS to be a Souths supporter. !

Pilot house

Juniors
f**k I hate agreeing with you.

I think Maguire would of been a great fit for us.

Players a bit too slinky for Madge, but he’d fix your defensive sleepwalking.

I think other players are going to know than ivan ...he’s primarily there for the kid.

The bosss son syndrome.

Cicada even.