What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption 2

I, myself, never play online. I'm just not I to it.

But I am confident the single player campaign will be epic.
Yeah same. I came unstuck with one of the battlefield games, it had about 6 offline campaigns from memory. It lasted a day of offline play, unless someone knows something I don’t?

jargan83

Coach
Couple of email that have landed in my inbox over the past few days:

JB Hi Fi has RDR 2 for $69 on launch day.

EB Games has it for $29 with the trade in of 2 games.

shiznit

Coach
I'm not one for trading in games so I took the $69 JB Hi Fi offer as well,
Hopefully that’s transfers similar over our side of the ditch...

I grabbed it from JB Hi Fi for $94 but apparently if the price drops on release they end up paying me back the difference.

shiznit

Coach
Got an email this morning saying my pre-order had now been processed and was dispatched for delivery.

If they despached it from the local JB HIFI I might be in to get it today.

If it came from Auckland which I suspect it will... I’ll get it on release 2moro.

I know it’s only a day... but f**k me id like to get my hands on that bad boy this afternoon... :joy::joy:

nöyd

Staff member
f**k me theres some dumb merkins in this world

i've been a supervisor at a logistics/freight company now for 5+ years, and this morning we had heaps of large cartons come through, all addressed to EB games.

I got a little giddy and somewhat of a hard-on, and mentioned out loud that I had a sneaking suspicion what was inside these boxes, and when I said the name of the game, everyone stopped, looked at me and said "what? never heard of it"...

i've had more intelligent conversations with spoons ffs

abpanther

Staff member
f**k me theres some dumb merkins in this world

i've been a supervisor at a logistics/freight company now for 5+ years, and this morning we had heaps of large cartons come through, all addressed to EB games.

I got a little giddy and somewhat of a hard-on, and mentioned out loud that I had a sneaking suspicion what was inside these boxes, and when I said the name of the game, everyone stopped, looked at me and said "what? never heard of it"...

i've had more intelligent conversations with spoons ffs

Geez it must've been awfully tempting haha

nöyd

Staff member
Geez it must've been awfully tempting haha
oh mate, you have no idea lol

a few months ago i had to hang onto 4 similar boxes - each containing a PS4 pro with Star Wars Battlefront 2 inside.

Of course now we know the game was pants, and definitely wasn't worth throwing my job away for.

But for RDR2? hmmmmmm...

AJB1102

First Grade
Got a "your order has been dispatched" email yesterday arvo. Spent all day anticipating it'd be waiting for me when I got home. Unfortunately Santa didn't come :(

Pommy

Coach
I'm glad it has, unlike other 8th gen games like the MCC which had half the game in a day one patch.

Yeah I’m not against it just surprised. If after this huge install it tells me there’s a huge download I may lose my shit, seems like it’s going to be a 90 min install from disc.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah I’m not against it just surprised. If after this huge install it tells me there’s a huge download I may lose my shit, seems like it’s going to be a 90 min install from disc.
A bit over three gigs I think... was a little annoying but TBH I’ve been counting the day since about August so I didn’t mind waiting another 5mins or so...