What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season / Trials

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

King Ben

Juniors
THE 2019 NRL season draw is just days from being finalised — minus a historic US kick-off.

Todd Greenberg’s dream to launch the season in America has been put on hold as it proved too great a financial risk.

The NRL will continue to investigate ways to cover the costs of staging the season kick-off in the US for the start of 2020.

One much-anticipated match set for allocation is for the grand opening of the new Western Sydney Stadium, where Parramatta will call home.

The Eels have been told to prepare to host their first home game against Wests Tigers on Easter Monday in round six.

For now, you won’t catch either club or NRL officials confirming the date as the NSW government wants to grandstand the announcement.

The NRL has completed the 2019 season draw in near record time and, in a bid to beat the AFL to its draw release, Greenberg had contemplated making it public on Thursday.

However, it’s more likely the draw release will be postponed by a further week to avoid taking the spotlight and attention away from Australia’s eagerly awaited Test match with Tonga in New Zealand on Saturday.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/603e1626587d814543164f95b44e15f9

Valheru

Coach
Given the Panthers/roosters trial game, we can expect the WCC to be the week prior, 16 feb?

Timmah

Staff member
Wouldn’t the start of the season be the 14th March ? If Eels vs Tigers is round 6 , Easter weekend at the new WSS that would make round 1 starting the Thurdsay 14th.( I think I have done my maths right)
Yep, this occured to me in the draw thread, see there

Timmah

Staff member
That was the date of this years one in Melbourne.
everything looks to be a week later now the October long weekend has switched its week - I'd imagine the WCC is likely same weekend as Charity Shield - although it depends on the plans of Wigan. Could still be 16th Feb

Valheru

Coach
everything looks to be a week later now the October long weekend has switched its week - I'd imagine the WCC is likely same weekend as Charity Shield - although it depends on the plans of Wigan. Could still be 16th Feb

2 March would be a very late date for it. Don't think it has ever been played in March?

23 feb makes most sense but doesn't look ro be the case given the oanthers have confirmed they play us that day.

roofromoz

First Grade
He has a point, there's no reason a team should be playing TWO home trials when they play 11 games there throughout the year.

Yeah the club trumpets it's close association with the Western Region when it gets the chance. May have been an opportunity to have one at say Dubbo or Orange.

Latest posts