What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Test Match - Tonga v Australia @ Mt Smart

jim_57

Staff member
There's something so wrong about Australian refs making dodgy calls like that in favour of Australia. The refs shouldn't be put in that position, even if they can rise above any bias any 50/50 call they make for Australia is just a bad look.

This game shows the potential the International game has if the people running it had even the slightest bit of competency to capitalize on it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Fizzer of a game and a large portion of it has been self inflicted by Tonga. Some real dumb play.
Absolutely. Why would you fire passes out wide to hit JT on the first in your opening set. That was a sign of things to come and it was a bit cocky from Tonga to push passes against the Roos!

Vic Mackey

Referee
There's something so wrong about Australian refs making dodgy calls like that in favour of Australia. The refs shouldn't be put in that position, even if they can rise above any bias any 50/50 call they make for Australia is just a bad look.

This game shows the potential the International game has if the people running it had even the slightest bit of competency to capitalize on it.

Lol yep it’s the dodgy calls that have Tonga down by 20. Not the 6 handling errors or 18 missed tackles

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Welcome to the commentary box Todd Greenberg...

Sauce+is+the+sw5+cloud+city+advisor+guy+_310860b3a0dc83acf99d32ba4bf836a1.jpg

Hutty1986

Immortal
Watching the big dumb oxygen thief thugging it up around a footy field, makes me so glad we'll never see Fifita in a nsw jersey ever again

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

To be fair, I think the Aussie refs have let the Tongans off with quite a bit. Although, they have pinged the Tongans at crucial times. There was a mysterious knock on though earlier on

ReddFelon

Juniors

Not a lot RL can do about it at the moment. Perenara is the only non-Australian first grade ref in the southern hemisphere and international RL doesn't have the money fly English refs down for a single game. The international game needs to grow at all levels if we want a range of neutral international refs.

jim_57

Staff member
Lol yep it’s the dodgy calls that have Tonga down by 20. Not the 6 handling errors or 18 missed tackles

Did I say that? Was the same last week when Australia lost. Aussie reffing Australia would still be shit if he was wearing Tongan coloured undies and Val Holmes bullied him in high school.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Did I say that? Was the same last week when Australia lost. Aussie reffing Australia would still be shit if he was wearing Tongan coloured undies and Val Holmes bullied him in high school.

I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure what the solution is? I also didn’t see any of these dodgy calls you’re insinuating

Tommy Smith

Referee
Please f**k off Toddy.

"To grow the sport we need more people playing it"

Galaxy Brain take from the lord and master of the game.
Classic Snake Oil Salesman.

Sometimes I get really high hopes for the future growth of rugby league... then I hear Toddles interviewed which always tempers my excitement.

More prepared lines than a polly with even less vision for the future.

"When are Perth coming into the league Todd?"

"Well as you know future growth of the game is very important but we need to consolidate what we have and then ask ourselves what future expansion will look like".

Well when you do ask yourselves, Todd, let us know the answer.