What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Test Match - Tonga v Australia @ Mt Smart

Vic Mackey

Referee
Predictable result in the end. Tonga’s 6/7/9 arent even first choice starters for teams that didn’t make the 8. If they had even average first grade standard halves they would have challenged the Roos tonight.

For Australia thought Tedesco was best. Not convinced the others in the spine will be there long term but they’re probably the best on offer FTM. Still can’t understand why Frizzell and JTurbo don’t start, they’re our best forwards.

jim_57

Staff member
Predictable result in the end. Tonga’s 6/7/9 arent even first choice starters for teams that didn’t make the 8. If they had even average first grade standard halves they would have challenged the Roos tonight.

For Australia thought Tedesco was best. Not convinced the others in the spine will be there long term but they’re probably the best on offer FTM. Still can’t understand why Frizzell and JTurbo don’t start, they’re our best forwards.

Agree with this, Tonga still very raw, they could really do with a more settled half to calm it down a bit.

Hard to see DCE and Keary still being the halves for the World Cup but nobody has made it their own. I don't think Australia will fall in a heap but New Zealand and England have a great chance to win silverware in the next decade or so.

This Tongan phenomenon is unlike anything I've seen in Rugby League that I can remember. Again, NZ would be mad not to get a few 40k+ crowds while the potential is there, even if Tonga eventually do fall back to the pack.

TheFrog

Coach
They'd be mad not to play NZ V Tonga at Eden park next year, the money made would ease the pain a bit for NZ of being out-supported in their own country.
Hard to understand why they didn't play this match this year. Same w/e as the PNG game would have worked.