What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Zerô

Juniors
I really hope the Warriors change the wordmark below the logo, it's annoyed me for far too long.

Better yet, scrap all text!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It would be an absolute shame for the Broncos to change their current home jersey. Their best ever and top 5 in the NRL at the moment.
I'd agree if it went all the way around but the front panels at the bottom just make it look cheap

Dawesy76

Juniors
Those broncos jerseys don’t look too bad. I’ve always liked a more simplistic Broncos jersey as opposed to a tigers 2000’s jersey or whatever the f*ck the cowboys wear now, but given those logos look more out of place than my bank account being in the black, they look like fanboy ms paint jobs

And if they are legit, then ooo Broncos. What is you doin?

The Marshall

Juniors
I’m waiting to see what that Broncos jersey looks like in person and with what colour shorts it’s paired with before passing judgment.

sempmrh

Juniors
That Broncos jersey doesn’t sit quite right with me. My preference based on that design would be for the entire bottom half to be gold - so maroon chest and sleeves, two white stripes and then gold all the way down. Flip the colours for an alternate.

Do we know the source of that image? Not that I’m doubting it’s legitimacy - just curious.

callmack1

Staff member
That Broncos jersey doesn’t sit quite right with me. My preference based on that design would be for the entire bottom half to be gold - so maroon chest and sleeves, two white stripes and then gold all the way down. Flip the colours for an alternate.

Do we know the source of that image? Not that I’m doubting it’s legitimacy - just curious.
I just Googled 'NRL 2019 jerseys' and there was an article on reddit so you can't really trust they're legit.

Dawesy76

Juniors
If that was legit would you go with yellow shorts for the home and maroon for the away? Or both maroon?

ALSO: the broncos have done pretty much a heritage jersey for all their jerseys now....except one....is 2019 going it be the year of the aqua?!

favicons
DAILYTELEGRAPH ›
‘Future-proofing the game’: NRL sews up logo revamp
OCTOBER 20, 2018

THE NRL has relaunched its Telstra Premiership logo giving it a “simple, flexible and dynamic” revamp.

For the first time in the game’s history, the NRL logo which appears on clubs’ jerseys will be individualised and matched with club colour schemes.

“We wanted to make sure we are future-proofing the game,” said the NRL’s general manager brand and marketing Peter Jarmain.

“The previous brand was outdated. We wanted to make sure it was contemporary, progressive and connecting with some of our younger fans. It’s a fresher look. We wanted to make sure the brand works seamlessly with our club brands.”

It is the first logo change since 2012. The logo highlights the shield and chevron. The shift follows an extensive research and consultation process which started last year and included focus groups with key stakeholders including fans, clubs, partners and media. A black and white version will be the main logo in use for the premiership.

The NRL has relaunched its logo.
The premiership logo will now be distinctly different to the NRL corporate logo — one of the key messages from the research.

“We want to clearly differentiate our corporate brand and the Telstra Premiership,” Jarmain said. “It’s a dynamic brand. It can evolve. So it’s not as static as the previous brand.

“The key thing is the brand change in its own right is just one aspect. What you’re seeing coming through in the game is a new era. Great emerging talent, new players, new stadiums coming on line in the next few years. This initiative is part of a number of things that are starting to shape the new era in rugby league.”

Jarmain said he expected this logo to have a shelf life of up to seven years. The brand research found the perception was that rugby league had been a “fractured” sport.

“We hadn’t been aligned,” Jarmain said the research showed.

“A lot of infighting in the game. What has come out the back of that was a desire for the game to be united.”

Get ready for cricket like never before. FREE Sport HD + Entertainment until the first 4K cricket ball as part of 3 months free on a 12 month plan. SIGN UP TODAY. T&Cs apply.

http://outline.com/vWRzYA
Report a problem
Outline is a free service that makes websites more readable. We remove the clutter, like ads, related links, and comments—so you can read comfortably.
HOME · TERMS · PRIVACY · DMCA · CONTACT

Nuke

Staff member
My initial concern with the new logo was a) that I didn't think the current one was past its use-by date (I, for one, still love it) and that the new one is very 2018 and prone to date very quickly. The article says that it has a shelf life of up to seven years. That's not a long time! If they can design a logo that is simple, classy, and won't date (and date quickly at that!), then they're onto a winner. There are plenty out there in world sport that can achieve this, so we should be able to as well.

This one is too simplistic and will be very much of its time in just a few years.