What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macquarie sports radio

ouryears

Bench
The old 2ue lifestyle has become a sports channel (Macquarie Sports Radio) 24 hrs dedicated sports channel . Has anyone been listening to it with John Stanley and Beau Ryan in the morning?
I don’t know whether this will work we already have Skysports radio doing a sports program in the morning and 2sm talkin sport drop the g in the afternoon. How much sports can they talk about it will be just repetitive bullshit.
So, dont listen then, best radio on planet earth,

ouryears

Bench
VFL should not be allowed to cross the border. It's an abomination & as soon as it comes on in the afternoon I immediately change it to Talkin Sport.
Ha ha ha, crowds of 100,000 plus would not agree with you.
Yeah, and we get 7,000
Numbers say it all
NRL is on a road to oblivian

ouryears

Bench
The station will not survive the year.

Listening to Melbourne idiots talk AFL is painful, but not as painful as listening to their failed attempts at discussing rugby league.

Car crash radio.

Thankfully I have never listened for more than 2 mins a time.
Boo hoo

hutch

First Grade
Yeah, and we get 7,000
Numbers say it all

So every afl game gets 100k plus and every nrl game gets 7k?

Only one code in Australia this year increased its crowds, tv ratings, memberships, participants and sponsorship dollars. Do you want to take a guess at which sport it was?

Generalzod

Immortal
Ratings are pretty pathetic even Sky Sports are beating them:

Sydney062018.png

Broncos93

Juniors
Some changes to start the year - Levy and Riddell going national after Melbourne brekky show failed to rate. Also extended by an hour to 10am, then Mat Thompson joins Thirsty Morrow's show until 1, James Willis to 3 then Mark Allen and David Schwartz on drive.

Dodgy

Juniors
Some changes to start the year - Levy and Riddell going national after Melbourne brekky show failed to rate. Also extended by an hour to 10am, then Mat Thompson joins Thirsty Morrow's show until 1, James Willis to 3 then Mark Allen and David Schwartz on drive.
Julian King and Christian Jantzen are on at that time atm?

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Those alf fans must be spewing today, pretty much blanket coverage of origin and not one fumbleball fan in sight

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So every afl game gets 100k plus and every nrl game gets 7k?

Only one code in Australia this year increased its crowds, tv ratings, memberships, participants and sponsorship dollars. Do you want to take a guess at which sport it was?

Greater Western Canberra pulled less than 7k last week with 32k watching on TV. That is a combined TV / attendance figure of 39k - that is humiliating for the AFL.

Delboy

First Grade
The publicity machine for GWCanberra is amazing, they persuaded the idiots in the Blacktown council to spend over $30 million on a stadium that they don't use. Their attendances and profile are still in the ditch, and God help them if the Eels and Panthers were both successful at the same time.

I live in the centre of their so called supporter base, lucky to see a single person in any AFL club attire let alone GWCanberra. They gloss over the real details of their penetration and continue the rhetoric of we will dominate in 20 years. Have to admire their undeniable tenacity in publicity , but it has even less appeal than yawnion in the western suburbs.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The publicity machine for GWCanberra is amazing, they persuaded the idiots in the Blacktown council to spend over $30 million on a stadium that they don't use. Their attendances and profile are still in the ditch, and God help them if the Eels and Panthers were both successful at the same time.

I live in the centre of their so called supporter base, lucky to see a single person in any AFL club attire let alone GWCanberra. They gloss over the real details of their penetration and continue the rhetoric of we will dominate in 20 years. Have to admire their undeniable tenacity in publicity , but it has even less appeal than yawnion in the western suburbs.

Playing the long game - lol

Keep playing it all you like, no one will follow GWC in 50 years either. The Swans have had little growth in Sydney in terms of attendances or TV ratings for nearly 40 years other than the gift that the SL war gave them.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Yeah, and we get 7,000
Numbers say it all

Why compare AFL's biggest crowd which they get to their GF to the NRL's smallest....apples and oranges.

I don't mind AFL as a sport it's the attitude/ignorance of the people that follow it to other sports that s&%ts me...why can't they get along with all sports.