What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

unforgiven

Bench
Dp_JMuHVsAEGenI.jpg:large
Is anyone concerned about a push to simplify club logos to something similar to the last Roosters image above?

steeden.

Juniors
If that was legit would you go with yellow shorts for the home and maroon for the away? Or both maroon?

ALSO: the broncos have done pretty much a heritage jersey for all their jerseys now....except one....is 2019 going it be the year of the aqua?!
Would buy it in a heartbeat for the collection. I expect maybe the 1997/98 super league though for 20 years since the first NRL grand final

Harry-Manly

Juniors
So the NRL is the divisor and the club is the dividend
As a fan I can’t recognise it’s the NRL’s logo, how about those people who don’t even watch the sport. So bland, no colour and looks pathetic on the jerseys, like a overly simple, yet messy sponsor because the little writing underneath. You couldn’t even tell, as a foreigner to the nrl, what the name of the sport is, nor if it’s even a sport. It’s basically Telstra’s logo, not the NRL’s

Might be appealing to a graphic designer due to the “simplicity” of it, although to the average joe like me and bob from down the road, this is a shocking change. If it was the corporate logo that’d be fine, cause it’s as boring as any, which fits into the corporate criteria.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach

It’s so weird that they used a Dragons jersey as the example, when the new logo clearly is a failure on it. Why wouldn’t they have used say a Panthers jersey, where the logo could have been at least demonstrated on a plain background?

It’s so weird that they used a Dragons jersey as the example, when the new logo clearly is a failure on it. Why wouldn’t they have used say a Panthers jersey, where the logo could have been at least demonstrated on a plain background?
Incompetence like always

some11

Referee
I don’t mind some of this.

But check out Widdop...they’ve swapped the club and Telstra Premiership logos around. Bizarre.
That's because the image of widdop itself has been flipped horizontally, read the st george on the jersey.

Once again the NRL doing itself no favours with stuff like this going unnoticed.

wazdog

Juniors
Based on the announcement today you would assume that they've done down the path similar to A-League where clubs can choose what colour to brand the NRL logo so it integrates better with the jersey (i.e. the Rabbitohs will now have a black NRL logo and a white NRL logo on their home and away jerseys to match the rabbit)

Saint Doc

Coach
The first logo is correct.

Then this one

images

Then your one Doc.

If we’re talking Telstra Premiership logos, then the original NRL logo shouldn’t be there. It was never a “Telstra Premiership” logo. It was the competition logo.

The first Telstra Premiership logo was just the words written in blue/orange Telstra font above(or was it below?) the original NRL logo.

Then came the one you’ve posted.
Then the one I posted.
Then the current one.

If you’re talking about the logo on jerseys, it went something like (roughly) original logo on green patch, original logo, original logo Telstra premiership text, the logo you posted, then the one I posted, then the current NRL corporate logo, then the current TP logo.

Either way you look at it, the timeline in the image from the Tele is wrong.

beagle

Juniors
If we’re talking Telstra Premiership logos, then the original NRL logo shouldn’t be there. It was never a “Telstra Premiership” logo. It was the competition logo.

The first Telstra Premiership logo was just the words written in blue/orange Telstra font above(or was it below?) the original NRL logo.

First Telstra Premiership logo on jerseys 2001

Learn-earn-legend-copy.png

There was this one, but was never on the jerseys (2012)

2012-nrlprem-logo.png

Latest posts